Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 37

Author Topic: Delphina's Update Factory  (Read 88243 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Delphina's Update Factory
« Reply #330 on: February 26, 2019, 08:38:59 PM »

You're welcome!  Chapter 6 was one of my favorite ones yet.  I loved the basketball game storyline, but I was so mad at Brian for ditching Nick like that!  Bros before hoes, Brian!  Bros before hoes!  I hope Nick does walk in and catch him with Leighanne; it would serve him right!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #331 on: February 27, 2019, 03:09:25 AM »

You're welcome!  Chapter 6 was one of my favorite ones yet.  I loved the basketball game storyline, but I was so mad at Brian for ditching Nick like that!  Bros before hoes, Brian!  Bros before hoes!  I hope Nick does walk in and catch him with Leighanne; it would serve him right!

lol yeah Brian is being an ass right now. I mean come on Brian you have up floor seats to a basketball game so you could bone your girlfriend? So lame!

You'll have to see what happens LOL. This was one of my favorite chapters so far too because getting tickets to a game sounds like such a Nick thing to do.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #332 on: March 03, 2019, 02:06:07 AM »

Chapter Seven of If I Knew Then has been updated!!!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #333 on: March 03, 2019, 11:24:02 AM »

I loved this chapter!  It was so sad, though.  Poor Nick; he had no idea what he was getting himself into.  I understand Leighanne's anger, and she had a point, but wow, that was harsh!  And poor Brian, caught in the middle between his best friend and his girlfriend.  That was awkward.  I felt so sad for Nick at the end of the chapter.  Thank goodness Kevin found him.  I'm loving the drama!
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #334 on: March 04, 2019, 12:18:08 AM »

Thanks for the review, as always. I love the drama too and while Leighanne had a right to be mad, Brian really screwed up by lying to Nick. Could have avoided the whole thing. I'm having so much fun with this story. It's refreshing!

I'll have to admit that I was watching the episode of Sailor Moon where Mamoru breaks up with Usagi and she cries in a phone booth, I just loved that idea and I changed it a little bit.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #335 on: March 06, 2019, 07:53:28 AM »

Chapter 8 of If I Knew Then is now posted!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #336 on: March 08, 2019, 10:00:34 PM »

Ooh!  Chapter 8 feels like an important turning point in the story, with Brian's own true feelings for Nick starting to come to light.  I can totally see Brian being in denial about his feelings for Nick because of his religious background and the way he was raised.  I can see him trying to fall in love with Leighanne so he can get married to a woman and settle down the way he thinks his parents expect him to.  I really appreciate the way you're developing Brian and Nick's relationship slowly and realistically.  That's what helps me be able to take a slash story seriously.

I love that Brian kicked Leighanne out and that Kevin stood up for Nick and was so hard on Brian.  Good for you, Kevin!  I hope Brian apologizes to Nick in the next chapter.
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #337 on: March 09, 2019, 11:52:34 PM »

Wow thank you so much for that feedback. I want to make this believable, which is why I'm including real events, and I want to kind of explain how things happen rather than jumping in and being like BAM they're gay. Because it doesn't necessarily happen like that. For me in real life realizing that I was bisexual took a few years of exploring and even dating guys because I thought my parents expected that from me. It's not uncommon for that to happen and I am glad that again, it was believable for you. Thanks again!

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #338 on: March 17, 2019, 05:07:12 AM »

Chapter nine of If I Knew Then was posted. Sorry for the delay in updating, I was very stuck on this chapter for some reason, not to mention my Friends rewatch has been messing with my muse. But good news, I just started Season Ten so I should be done with that this week. So hopefully my writing mojo will pick up.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #339 on: March 17, 2019, 07:30:24 PM »

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!  I have a feeling things are gonna happen in Cocoa Beach!  I love that Brian and Nick made up; that was a good idea for Brian to go apologize and book the hotel for the weekend.  On random note, I appreciate that you mentioned them waiting for Nick's parents to come back before they left because I was worried they were gonna go off and leave the rest of the Carter kids unsupervised LOL.  I also appreciate the subtle hints about Brian's heart condition; I've noticed those throughout the story.  I can't wait to see how his surgery will play into the plot and his relationship with Nick later on.
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #340 on: March 18, 2019, 12:46:37 AM »

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!  I have a feeling things are gonna happen in Cocoa Beach!  I love that Brian and Nick made up; that was a good idea for Brian to go apologize and book the hotel for the weekend.  On random note, I appreciate that you mentioned them waiting for Nick's parents to come back before they left because I was worried they were gonna go off and leave the rest of the Carter kids unsupervised LOL.  I also appreciate the subtle hints about Brian's heart condition; I've noticed those throughout the story.  I can't wait to see how his surgery will play into the plot and his relationship with Nick later on.

LOL I’m glad you liked that I did not leave unsupervised children. I also am glad you noticed the subtle hints at Brian’s condition because while I am including the surgery there’s something else to it that I hope you will enjoy. I do love Cocoa Beach though, I went there before the 2014 cruise so lots of great memories in that place, and I wanted to use that as kind of a backdrop for this next part. thanks so much for the review as always!

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #341 on: March 21, 2019, 12:31:14 AM »

Chapter Ten of If I knew then is posted.

Hey, I rhymed :P

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #342 on: March 23, 2019, 08:39:21 PM »

Ha, of course there's only one bed!  Convenient, Brian.  I loved them watching Dumb and Dumber and saying they wanted to wear the orange and blue tuxes, like they actually did on the 2011 cruise!  I'm glad Brian is starting to acknowledge his true feelings, even if he's not ready to admit them to Nick yet.  I can see him getting closer.  I love how you're taking your time developing this.  Great job!
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #343 on: March 26, 2019, 07:54:27 AM »

Thanks so much for the compliments. I know back in the day Brian would say that his favorite actor was Jim Carrey so I pictured the two of them watching that movie together. I kind of wish Brian wore the blue tux instead of AJ on the 2011 cruise. I didn’t go on that one but i have seen videos from Prom Night.

I am glad that the pacing is at the right speed for their feelings because when it comes to things like this it takes time to realize what you want. I know before I came out of the closet last summer it took me a few years before I was fully comfortable enough to admit that I liked girls too. I drew a lot of my own experiences into this story so I am really happy that it is realistic and believable.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #344 on: March 26, 2019, 07:54:52 AM »

Chapter 11 of If I Knew Then is now posted :)
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 37