Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: Question  (Read 4722 times)

yorkielover88

Question
« on: December 21, 2010, 12:21:49 PM »

If I wrote a colab with someone and they created the story and added a chapter or two then added me and then deleted their name from writing the story would it stay on my account as just me writing it or would it delete the story?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 01:19:34 PM »

If they created the story under their SN I think it would delete but i'm not sure.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

yorkielover88

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 02:58:40 PM »

Can I test that out? Basicly I have 2 sn's. I want to get rid of one of them but I don't wanna loose the stories and reviews. So would you mind if I maybe created a test story on 1 sn and tried what I juat asked above? I mean, I dont wanna break any rules but I also would like to try to move my work over.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 03:57:54 PM »

You want to move your stories from one SN to another one? Is that what you want to do?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 03:59:33 PM »

i'm oretty sure you can just edit the author. I'm going to try it with the story you just posted since it's short and would be easy to repost, so hang on a second and i'll see if it works

yorkielover88

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 04:00:34 PM »

You want to move your stories from one SN to another one? Is that what you want to do?

yes! That's it exactly!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 04:03:48 PM »

all you have to do it go to edit, then change the author. If it doesn't work I can do it for you because I was able to change your poem to my name. I changed it back again. lol

yorkielover88

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 04:48:04 PM »

yeah, I'm not seeing a way to change the author.

yorkielover88

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 05:54:50 PM »

but yeah, I'd love the stuff on the i_am_me account put in my name.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 05:59:05 PM »

Only moderators can change authors, so I will do that for you. I would expect though that if we're switching these stories over to your own account that you would not continue to use the i_am_me account to review yourself.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2010, 06:01:09 PM »

It's changed.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

yorkielover88

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2010, 06:03:29 PM »

no, im just getting way to confused on what i have and havn't updated and swapping back and forth to respond to reviews. I started that SN to post a story inspired by the movie called taken. I worried people would not like it and didnt want anyone to know it was me. however i do have people who like it so im not longer afraid.