Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Random Question  (Read 4824 times)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
Re: Random Question
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2010, 07:40:08 AM »

Oh I can agree about that. All my co workers say I should try to write a book. My manager said my writing was good so it made me feel really good to hear someone enjoyed my work. I know people who write fanfics about anime and other things, so he understood what it was about. To each their own!

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2010, 08:35:30 AM »

It's good to be brave!  I wish I was.  Sometimes I think if I wrote more of the rom-com kind of stories, I might be more willing to share them.  Like 00Carter... I would let people read that, if I thought they would get it.  But my typical stories... no way.

I am just the opposite Julie. I would let people read my other stories before I would let them read any of my romance stuff. I would just feel so awkward having my friends read about Nick and his made up girlfriends. I would feel less weird letting them read Running Up That Hill or something along that lines because even if they thought it was weird, I could just say "It's my take on what happened. Whatever!" LOL
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2010, 10:31:37 AM »

Wow 00Carter. I think that was one of the first stories I ever read on AC and it is still one of my favorites.....

Aw, thanks!!  I know we haven't updated since February, but we DO have an episode almost done, and it's a long one, so once it's officially done we'll start posting it in parts.  It just takes us sooooo long to get anything done with that story.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2010, 10:33:38 AM »

I am just the opposite Julie. I would let people read my other stories before I would let them read any of my romance stuff. I would just feel so awkward having my friends read about Nick and his made up girlfriends. I would feel less weird letting them read Running Up That Hill or something along that lines because even if they thought it was weird, I could just say "It's my take on what happened. Whatever!" LOL

I would feel awkward about a true romance with sex scenes and stuff.  But something that was more light and funny, I might feel braver about.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2010, 02:48:04 PM »

Yeah I will agree on that because I don't think I would let anyone read Incomplete.... that story is kind of out there. As for Tales From The Drive Thru, I would let my co workers read it because its about our job...and I used some things that happened at work in the story. As for my romance stuff...there is nothing too sexual so I wouldn't mind. I just enjoy writing and sharing my work....AC has been awesome to help me do that and grow in my writing. Like I said, I love hearing when someone likes my writing. 

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2010, 09:06:15 PM »

I have a friend from work that I let read my stuff and another co-worker wants to read them because she is chomping at the bit for some more of my original fiction to be finished.  She wants to read something of my... LOL.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

colorguard_diva

• Major Disruption
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2010, 07:02:20 PM »

I share snippets of my stories with my mom. She loves the BSB, so she doesn't mind. There are just some things I write that I don't share...like sex scenes and such. LOL!  The rest of my family would think I am werider than I am if they knew I wrote fan fiction.

None of my friends are into fan fiction, so I don't share with them. My co-workers are the same way. Many of them are older than me, so I think they would think it's rather strange. Plus, writing fan fiction is my gulity pleasure. It's where I go when I don't want to deal with reality. I can get into another character's mind and being a variety of characters. I love it.

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2010, 09:22:19 PM »

I'm totally in the closet with a lot of you...and I too would be mortified!

myconfession

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2010, 02:56:27 PM »

Yes, I've had a few people who aren't remotely interesting in BSB read my stuff, especially my non-fanfic stories. In my creative writing classes, we had to share the stuff we wrote so that really helped me with my shyness.

I'm not really ashamed of it like I once was. Although I did freak out a few weeks ago when I logged onto my web site and saw that I was logged in on another computer. I forgot to log out on my computer at work and left the window open, so one of my BFF's and co-workers, he read some of my stuff and said that he liked it and that I was a really good writer. So that made me happy.

I've just found that if you're going to be real and true to yourself, don't be ashamed of what you do.

underthesheets

• Fledgling
    • Under The Sheets
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2010, 01:49:16 PM »

I'm totally in the closet with a lot of you...and I too would be mortified!

Me too!
Pages: 1 [2]