Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: You can do it!!  (Read 13989 times)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: You can do it!!
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2011, 03:43:34 PM »

Not sure if this is the right thread to post in!  Does anyone else forget what they've written earlier in the story and have had to read back to see what they wrote?  I'm at that point right now.  I can't remember if I wrote the guys wives into it in the beginning, or whether I left them out.  I know that I don't usually write the real wives/girlfriends into my stories though.  I'm so useless, lol.  I'll have to re-read it so that I don't write something wrong.  Shame because I'm on a roll tonight too.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2011, 03:46:50 PM »

I ALWAYS have to do that Steph lol and the problem with me is I don't have the attention span needed to even read my own stuff so I end up just not updating. I so fail!

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2011, 03:51:15 PM »

I reread when I need to get reinspired.  I am actually hoping to write this week...shockin g!!!

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2011, 03:59:37 PM »

I ALWAYS have to do that Steph lol and the problem with me is I don't have the attention span needed to even read my own stuff so I end up just not updating. I so fail!

Oh no, I hope you don't end up in my position then because I love your stories!

Go Darby!!!!!!

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2011, 04:11:16 PM »

This happens to me all the time too. It is really annoying, but usually I find reading back through my older chapters helps me to get motivated to write an update.

Good luck on writing, girls! AC has been so dead lately :(
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2011, 05:48:13 PM »

Not sure if this is the right thread to post in!  Does anyone else forget what they've written earlier in the story and have had to read back to see what they wrote?  I'm at that point right now.  I can't remember if I wrote the guys wives into it in the beginning, or whether I left them out.  I know that I don't usually write the real wives/girlfriends into my stories though.  I'm so useless, lol.  I'll have to re-read it so that I don't write something wrong.  Shame because I'm on a roll tonight too.

I do that a lot LOL.  Especially if it's not the story I've been working on regularly.  That's why I'm trying to get back down to writing just one or two stories at a time; it's just too hard to keep up with more than that.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2011, 06:41:03 PM »

I haven't done anything yet, but I'm settling in and it's on my mind.  I'm out of town on business...nic e (but weird) to have the silence!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2011, 06:54:39 PM »

I'm hoping once school is done for the year, i'll get back into wanting to do more than nap when i'm home lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2011, 07:35:55 PM »

I always have to go back and reread because I can't remember the small details of what's already happened. If I don't reread I end up making mistakes in continuity.

I imagine that having a bit of time off this summer (ie the whole month of July lol) will give me a chance to do some writing - hopefully!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2011, 07:43:21 PM »

Motivation is fleeting...hop efully we will all find it soon!

Is your meeting over yet?  ha!

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2011, 07:54:59 PM »

Sorry I'm just writing stories now... blame Twitter for my procrastinatio n because I should have been out by 10 lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

myconfession

« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2011, 09:59:43 PM »

I have to sometimes for little things, such as an original characters birthday or something. Sometimes if I'm not in the mood to write, but need to, I'll go back and read what I have written to get inspired to write.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2011, 01:56:56 PM »

I read back most of the story and think I know what I'm doing now :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2011, 02:25:05 PM »

Glad to hear it! :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2011, 05:38:32 PM »

Yay! :)  That usually does help me.  Like Mare said, though, I just have to be in the right mindset to focus on it so I can actually get through it.  Glad it helped!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7