Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: best banner catagory for next years felxi awards.  (Read 14780 times)

KrazyKelsey87

• Innocent Bystander
best banner catagory for next years felxi awards.
« on: January 19, 2011, 06:59:47 PM »

I've noticed a lot of really awesome banners on the website and think a best banners category would be cool.

Sorry Mare, I see you don't like banners too much.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: best banner catagory for next years felxi awards.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 07:01:12 PM »

While it's a nice suggestion, I don't think it would fit. The Felix Awards are all about the quality of stories, not so much the banners. Just my thoughts though lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 07:12:54 PM »

There was already discussion actually during last year's Felix Awards about having a best banner category. It's kind of early to really think about it though considering it's still about 10 months away from the awards.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 08:43:23 PM »

I think it's stupid to have a best banner award. The Felix awards are all about great writing, not about who can make the best banners.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 03:41:06 AM »

While I do like banners, I don't think it's such a good idea for the awards.  Not everyone uses banners, so it would be a bit unfair as only banner users would be given consideration, instead of everyone having a chance with the way it is at the moment.  Does that make sense?  It does in my head anyway!

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 05:44:24 AM »

I personally wouldn't want to see a best banner category. That would be like book publishers giving an award for best cover (Caldecott aside of course).  I mean someone could have an awesome banner but the story could be riddled with issues.  Don't judge a book by it's covere!

With that said, I'll go play with Photoshop some more, haha

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 08:22:39 AM »

While I do like banners, I don't think it's such a good idea for the awards.  Not everyone uses banners, so it would be a bit unfair as only banner users would be given consideration, instead of everyone having a chance with the way it is at the moment.  Does that make sense?  It does in my head anyway!

It does make sense. Everyone who writes has a chance to be nominated/win an award, but not everyone who writes makes banners or has epic photoshop skills. That, and AC is a writing website when we as a group have the common interest of writing and helping each other out with that particular craft.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

KrazyKelsey87

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 08:46:12 AM »

It was just a thought. Not all suggestions have to be used. I see your points of view.