Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: I'm a bad girl, writing fanfic at 3am... orz  (Read 3093 times)

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
  • the author formerly known as filiklepto
I'm a bad girl, writing fanfic at 3am... orz
« on: January 27, 2011, 04:54:04 AM »

So I really should be doing other things right now, like sleeping or at least working on that new chapter of On Nightingale Hill that I promised all of you.  Instead, I'm indulging my crazy muse and pumping out a new ficlet inspired by Dido's Thank You, for which I got the idea ages ago though I never followed up on it.  For some reason a complete plot popped into my head earlier today, with like actual characters and dialogue and stuff, and now my muse refuses to let me think of ANYTHING other than putting this story on paper.

Do you guys ever have the problem of abandoning all your existing projects when a new idea seizes you?
my muse is such a lush

KrazyKelsey87

• Innocent Bystander
Re: I'm a bad girl, writing fanfic at 3am... orz
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 06:10:49 AM »

Yes and no. I get those urges a lot but they never are a problem. I just tell my muse ok and get to work. That's why I have so many stories wtb only a chapter or two.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 06:14:51 AM »

Yes! That's what happened with Figured You Out...(I know, I talk about this story too much probably) I have 3 or 4 other stories I'm working on already but the psycho fan idea would not leave me alone so I had to write it and post it...I was so scared to at first...becaus e I didn't think anyone would like it. But I come up with my best ideas at weird times of the night/morning! Insomnia FTW lol

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 08:18:17 AM »

Yes.. I have a very bad case of story ADD. I currently have four new stories all with one chapter written and a banner made, but I have yet to post on AC because I want to finish my in progress ones before I start posting new things. I know that if I post I'll lose my focus and never finish the ones that are halfway.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 10:20:41 AM »

I usually don't do that but i'm making an exception today since I came up with an idea for a Nick birthday story and since tomorrow is Nick's birthday, I need to get working on that at some point today even though i'm the middle of a Lurks chapter lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 10:53:26 AM »

I usually don't do that but i'm making an exception today since I came up with an idea for a Nick birthday story and since tomorrow is Nick's birthday, I need to get working on that at some point today even though i'm the middle of a Lurks chapter lol

YES, same thing here! I got the idea to set the events during Nick's birthday, and now my muse keeps bothering me to write it by tomorrow.  :D

@Everyone else: Writing ADD sounds tough. I have enough trouble updating the two stories I have now, and I only started posting the second one because the first one went on hiatus after a hard drive crash and thought it was gone forever.

Hopefully I can finish this fic in the next day or so, and it can stop torturing me. :)
my muse is such a lush

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 10:57:33 AM »

lol so let's just blame Nick!! Again!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 11:01:27 AM »

since tomorrow is Nick's birthday

Ugh I totally forgot about that. Him being 31 makes me feel exceptionally old!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 11:55:09 AM »

LOL I think we all feel that way.

I used to write a Nick birthday fic every year but haven't for awhile now. I usually forget it's his birthday until I hit mine! lol

Mariah

• Major Disruption
  • Let go of today, tomorrow's another day...
    • http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewuser.php?uid=1274
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 12:05:49 PM »

Haha, I am so guilty of this its not even funny. The funny is, crazy thoughts was started when I was 16, didn't finished it until 19, wrote 3 stories while I was finishing that one.

That's a good idea Mare! Is that going to be a challenge since its tomorrow? That'd be cool. I forgot too, my birthday's way more important than Nick's. That's right, ah said it!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 12:09:00 PM by Mariah »
My Stories
Jack: FYI, he was the love of my life.
Will: You've said that about each Backstreet Boy at one time or another. -Will & Grace

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 02:44:24 PM »

It probably would have been a good challenge but a little too last minute to make one now. Maybe we can do that for Brian instead. lol

Mariah

• Major Disruption
  • Let go of today, tomorrow's another day...
    • http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewuser.php?uid=1274
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 02:47:15 PM »

Brian  :drools: that might work.
My Stories
Jack: FYI, he was the love of my life.
Will: You've said that about each Backstreet Boy at one time or another. -Will & Grace

carterkid

• Major Disruption
  • It's a backstreet world....we just live in it
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 10:49:17 AM »

Yes!!!It happens to me all the time!That's why I have soooooooo many ideas and not much of a story.My muse always comes up with stuff AFTER I go to bed.  >:(
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 01:58:02 PM by carterkid »

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 07:14:00 AM »

Okay, guys, I did it!

First half of "In Which the Heroine Vows Never to Throw Anyone a Surprise Party Ever Again…" is here: http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10460

Expect the other half tomorrow. :)  It's really silly and wordy and like having a conversation with your BFF, but I had a lot of fun writing it~
my muse is such a lush