Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: hi  (Read 4993 times)

kimjbjon

• Fluffy Bunny
hi
« on: May 18, 2011, 11:04:26 PM »

HI my name is kim and i love to read fan fiction i dont write i dont know if u can ask this i hope i dont get kicked out lol but does anybody role play about the backstreet boys if anybody does my name on yahoo is kimjbjon i hope everybody have a good day tomorrow

TheDistantHeart

• Major Disruption
  • Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?
Re: hi
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 09:51:52 AM »

I didn't see this until today but... what? ???

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 09:58:47 AM »

^I didn't know what roleplaying was until she explained it to me in YM chat. I thought I was the only one who didn't know about it.

And Kim, with or without roleplaying, I'd love to chat with you again.  :)
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 11:32:34 AM »

I don't know what it is either

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 11:46:51 AM »

Role playing is when you use a chat and each one of you take on the role as one of the guys or a fictional character. It's kind of like acting out a fanfic. you don't chat as yourselvesbut as one of the characters. I know it used to be really popular back in the day but I don't know of many people that do it anymore.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 12:00:03 PM »

Thanks for the explanation Mare.  I can't imagine taking part in anything like that, lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 12:02:35 PM »

I did it for a hot minute lol but for us it was more as a means of helping us out with writing. It was kind of fun actually but I don't think i'd do it how it was really intended. We talked as ourselves and then jumped in as the guys. I was Nick of course lol I did it to help me with Why i'd do it All Again!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 12:07:25 PM »

At first, I thought it was for writing a story. Like collaboration, you just want to find out how the conversation will go. Maybe I'd try it for the sake of writing.  :)
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 12:34:52 PM »

Hmm, for the sake of writing it might be a good idea.  I still can't imagine chatting to someone on MSN or AIM and pretending to be a BSB though.  I think I'd feel weird, lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 12:38:27 PM »

LOL it did feel weird.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 12:42:22 PM »

I'm not very good at faking it, I'd mess it up, lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 12:45:55 PM »

LMAO yes me to that's why we most o the time chatted as ourselves and ran scenes as the guys. Like the scene in why where the guys are talking about Nick falling out the window. Things like that lol to see if it would work, but I couldn't maintain an entire chat as Nick without feeling weird.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 12:47:21 PM »

it's more fun when you are a made up character in a made up world! LOL.  I used to role-play in chat rooms, and MUD/MUSH.  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MUD).  I had a MUSH where I was @ Hogwarts a hundred years before Voldemort.  That way we couldn't be any of the canon we had to create our own.  There were a few adventure ones where you went around, alone or in groups, and went on quests.  In a quick description (if you don't want to go to the link) a MUD/MUSH is a text version of games like WoW.  :-D  

I did do one once where we were famous people but that one didn't last long.  
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 12:50:28 PM »

See, I'd just end up being me, lol. 

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 12:52:28 PM »

LOL me too. I don't think there's any way I could pull something like that off, Lore.

Pages: [1] 2