Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: The June Challenge (NKOTBSB)  (Read 3038 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
The June Challenge (NKOTBSB)
« on: June 01, 2011, 04:34:00 PM »

Starting this month we will always post a poll with all the stories and the winner will be an automatic nominee for the Felix Awards. If there aren't enough stories for one month then the stories will get tagged on to the next month's.

Here is June's Challlenge

And I hate it by the way lol

Since it's unavoidable and here in the summer, your challenge is to create a short story about a day in the life of the NKOTBSB tour.

Here are the rules:

~ It has to revolve around at least three of the boys (The real ones aka BSB or the fake ones the NK part)
~ It can only be one chapter
~ Should be written as if one of them is telling the story (documentary style)
~ No banners!
~ Doesn't matter what genre it is
~ Try not to exceed 3,000 words for Nk sake since it will take them more time to read. :) lol

Have fun and post your links in here.

Because this is for a Felix nominee I will be more of a stickler for the rules. As long as you obey them you'll be included in the poll at the end of the month :)

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
Re: The June Challenge (NKOTBSB)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 05:36:44 PM »

Sweet! I have been thinking of doing a couple NKOTBSB short stories anyway so I'm super excited about this  :)
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 06:49:45 AM »

I'll give it a go too!

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 12:34:38 PM »

Ok I have my idea for this but I have a quick question. I'm not totally clear on what documentary style is, is it just first person? Or should it be written with more of the tone they would speak with on Behind The Music or something?

For some reason I feel like I am way off with this lol
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 03:55:30 PM »

A combo of first person and breaking that wall ala Modern Family and The Office. Where it's clear that they are telling the story to someone.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 04:04:26 PM »

Oh okay perfect! So I was not too far off lol thanks mare!
~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 04:08:52 PM »

You should just call it the Zack Morris lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.