Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Engarde!!!!! The reading challenge part two!  (Read 36191 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Engarde!!!!! The reading challenge part two!
« Reply #120 on: August 13, 2011, 06:43:18 PM »

It's dead all over the net today; where is everyone? LOL
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #121 on: August 13, 2011, 06:47:49 PM »

I don't know? It's really rainy here today. I know all i've wanted to do is sleep. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #122 on: August 13, 2011, 10:15:50 PM »

It rained here today too.  And hailed.  I didn't do much either... it was a writing and good movie kind of day.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #123 on: August 13, 2011, 10:23:18 PM »

It was, but I didn't do either of those things lol I did catch up on some things on DVR though. Still haven't watched Project Runway.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #124 on: August 13, 2011, 10:31:14 PM »

It was pouring here earlier today. I ended up taking my dad out for his birthday. :)
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #125 on: August 13, 2011, 10:36:02 PM »

Happy birthday to your dad! :)
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #126 on: August 13, 2011, 10:44:17 PM »

I took him over to Joe's Crab Shack...omg I forgot how awesome that place is LOL

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #127 on: August 13, 2011, 11:06:23 PM »

Aww,Happy Birthday to Rose's dad

OMG I WISH we had that place around here. They show the commercials all the time but there's none here anywhere! That is SO evil!!

And you also read a bit too I see. Very nice! Only 11 more chapters to go before Monday! :) lol (bringing us back on topic)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2011, 11:07:39 PM »

ooh I take that back only 7 now! You go!! lol

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #129 on: August 13, 2011, 11:39:56 PM »

Aww,Happy Birthday to Rose's dad

OMG I WISH we had that place around here. They show the commercials all the time but there's none here anywhere! That is SO evil!!

And you also read a bit too I see. Very nice! Only 11 more chapters to go before Monday! :) lol (bringing us back on topic)

Awwww that is evil!

I love the place, we got this Boston Lobster bake for me and my mom (two full lobsters, a pound of clams, and shrimp) which we shared lol. And my dad got this Lobster Daddy feast with a pound of snow crab and a full lobster. It was just fantastic. And I'm totally rubbing this in but this dinner was awesome so I had to gush about it lol.

ooh I take that back only 7 now! You go!! lol

And see! I told you I'd be reading on my days off lol. I'll prolly read more before bed and the rest tomorrow after work.

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #130 on: August 14, 2011, 01:40:45 PM »

My daughter loves Joe's!  She gets up and dances...

As for me, I'm in Florida on vacation ( and visiting my inlaws)...

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #131 on: August 14, 2011, 04:46:48 PM »

Hey guys!

I'm really sorry I haven't been around much. I have been really busy working with a tight deadline at work and some bad stuff happened in my personal life. I feel really bad about not having had much time, but please know that I would never flake out for no reason and the fact that I still had to do this was always in the back of my mind.

I did have free time today so I read up to chapter 26 of 00Carter. Up to the end of the Bunnies in Black part. I thought I would come here and post my thoughts before I continued any further. I left lots of reviews though!

Anyway, I thought the beginning of it was really funny. I like how Nick is this slick secret agent, but he's still so Nickish lol. It reminds me a lot of Get Smart actually. I like how all BSB have made an appearance so far, and how most of the Nsync guys are there too.

I found the part with Justin's backstory to be the best one so far. I thought it was the most intriguing and had the most character stuff that I liked. I enjoyed when it dug into his and Nick's past and what his motivations to being a villain were. I'm hoping that there will be more Nick/Justin scenes in future chapters! Also, the fact that he's called 'drums' amuses me to no end.

The only criticism I have so far is that it seems a little disjointed at times, which I suppose could be because there were so many people working on it. But for the most part I am enjoying it!

Again, really sorry for being MIA but our work project is finished now so things have calmed down for me.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

TheDistantHeart

• Major Disruption
  • Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?
« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2011, 05:09:52 AM »

Imke you only have a few more chapters!

I know! I kept forgetting to read but my vacation is over, I'm back to work so that means more time to read lol. Will read (and hopefully finish) today! :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2011, 06:05:47 AM »

Happy Monday everyone! :)

We still have 6 people reading their stories so to help you out, i'm giving you homework to try to get you to finish this challenge on time. Most of you that are left also have stories that are a lot longer than the other ones chosen for this challenge so it's understandable why you haven't finished yet. We might want to keep story length in mind for the next time we try this.

So...

Saka and Mel - There are 66 chapters to read in total (that's how many there were when the challenge began. Feel fee to read the rest if you like) Mel only has 6 more chapters to go so just read them as you can for the next two weeks.
Saka Steph you should try to make it to chapter 44 by next Monday. I'm glad to see you reviewing and posting.

Summer - There are 60 chapters to read in total. Try to read up to chapter 40 by Monday.

Rose - There are 50 chapters to read in total. Try to hit 30 by next Monday.

Darby  - There are 32 chapters to read in total. Try to hit 20 by next Monday.

Imke - You only have 5 more chapters to go, so like Mel, just read as much as you can for the next week.

We also still need a final survey from Rachel.

My goal if you can't tell, is to have everyone finish this on time! LOL

Don't forget to fill out the final reader's survey I posted a few days ago!

Happy reading! :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #134 on: August 15, 2011, 05:08:19 PM »

I'll go first I guess lol I have two of these to fill out so i'll start with Kristal!

Who was the person reading your story? Kristal (alota-cookin)

1. Did you get regular feedback on your chapters from your reader? Yes I did.

2. Did you respond to that feedback? Always

3. Did your reader take the time and post about what they read in the forum thread? Yes, she did and I appreciated it! :)

4.  Do you feel like you got the amount of feedback you were expecting? I wasn't sure how much feedback to expect so I was very pleased with the amount I got so, yes. lol

5. Was there anything that the reader of your story said that surprised you? Not really. lol

6. Do you feel like the feedback you got was constructive and something you would use as a tool to help you out later? It was more reactionary than anything else and I enjoyed that. It gave me a chance to see what she was thinking when she was reading it.

7. Overall did you think this was a positive experience? Why or why not? I did enjoy it. At first I was scared. It's always scary when you know someone is reading this only because they have to for a challenge, but yes it ended up being great. I always looked forward to knowing what their thougths or opinions were going to be on any given chapter.

8. Is there any question you have for your reader that you would like them to elaborate on? Not really, I think Kristal was pretty clear on how she felt about the story.

9. Would you consider taking part in something like this again? Absolutely :)

10. Do you have any comments for your reader or anyone in general who may want to read your story in the future? I just wanted to thank Kristal for giving my story a try. I know it's not something she would normally read and to see her so receptive to it was awesome!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11