Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Engarde!!!!! The reading challenge part two!  (Read 36201 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Engarde!!!!! The reading challenge part two!
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2011, 05:23:34 PM »

Excellent Darby! lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2011, 05:29:01 PM »

Sorry for my wordiness, Rose!

I'll get to 10 tomorrow...hop efully!!!

It's okay! I'm guilty of it too! LOL
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Mellz Bellz

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2011, 05:58:44 PM »

Finished Epidsode 6! I think that puts me at about the halfway mark right? I want to try to get ahead because I am leaving for vacation on Mon so I probably will not get a chance to do much reading.

Anyway so now I think THIS was my fav episode! Being a HUGE Disney geek I appreciated this episode being set at Magic Kingdom. Besides all the action I was really impressed with the way in which the authors used the different attractions throughout the story. I know that Julie had shared with me that she hadn't been there in over 10 years, so considering I thought it was really accurate. I did notice a few little errors, but for the most part everything was described perfectly.

This arc ended on kind of a defeating note, so I am anxious to read on and see how the HimTak agents bounce back from this!

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2011, 07:54:50 PM »

Is it weird that I thought there would be more discussion in this thread.  :shrug:

Anyways, I know I said this before but I am really enjoying Mare's story. She is a great writer and a very tricky woman who leaves ya hanging in almost every chapter. One of the many reasons that keeps ya coming back to read. I especially like how she transitions from reality to dreaming and sometimes back to reality. Without confusing  ??? the heck out of you.

I find myself feeling all Brian's emotions as I read and at times I smile, get angry and *looks around* even teary eyed. I love their bond as a group!

OMG I will say Mare that I do find it throws me off when Kevin calls Nick "Baby". Yet, I can see Kevin and his fatherly figure calling him that. Is that weird?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2011, 09:30:31 PM »

I thought there would be more discussion in here by now as well.

Aww thanks Erika and I am with you on the baby thing. That's one of the things that made me cringe going back and rereading some of my older stuff. Supposedly, that was one of the things that Kevin called Nick back in the day so the mushy part of me took that and ran with it! I love Nick and Kevin if we all can't tell! LOL

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2011, 11:01:56 PM »

Finished Epidsode 6! I think that puts me at about the halfway mark right? I want to try to get ahead because I am leaving for vacation on Mon so I probably will not get a chance to do much reading.

Anyway so now I think THIS was my fav episode! Being a HUGE Disney geek I appreciated this episode being set at Magic Kingdom. Besides all the action I was really impressed with the way in which the authors used the different attractions throughout the story. I know that Julie had shared with me that she hadn't been there in over 10 years, so considering I thought it was really accurate. I did notice a few little errors, but for the most part everything was described perfectly.

This arc ended on kind of a defeating note, so I am anxious to read on and see how the HimTak agents bounce back from this!

Thanks, Mel!  There are 10 episodes (we're still posting the 10th), so in terms of that, you're well over halfway.  Some of the later episodes are longer, though, so in terms of chapters, maybe not.

I'm glad you liked the Disney episode!  Like I said before, it's probably my favorite too.  Definitely that or Episode 9.  We tried to do quite a bit of research on Disney World; I know I did, anyway; I think I still have park maps and pages about the Utilidors under the park and stuff bookmarked on my computer.  But, as with anything, it's hard to get everything totally accurate when you're relying more on online information than personal experience.  Hopefully the action and humor in this episode made up for the little inaccuracies about some of the attractions.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2011, 11:05:32 PM »

I think it is LOL. I'm glad you loved the Disney Episode, it's my personal fave as well. There were just a lot of chances to have fun with it. And we wanted to use every attraction we could (within reason). :). I've actually never been to Disney World lol, I relied solely on the information from that layout of the park Julie found, and what came up during googling. I know I had to youtube the Tiki Tiki Room (one of my scenes) for example lol.

Sadly some of our info wasn't the most up to date :( but I appreciate you pointing that out. We, Julie and I especially, spend a lot of time looking up info/googling for everything we write. We're anal to a fault anymore lmao. (Which can sometimes be a pain in the ass LOL)
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2011, 11:52:25 AM »

If Imke hasn't started her story, perhaps I'll read and review it too.  I've finished my two and am home from my little camping trip :)

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2011, 12:05:26 PM »

I've read the prologue and the first chapter of the story Imke is supposed to read already.  I can read it too if need be.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2011, 12:58:12 PM »

Thanks guys. If you wouldn't mind that would be great. I just checked and she still hasn't started so it would be nice if someone was reading it and reviewing it.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2011, 02:00:22 PM »

I'll make a start now.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2011, 02:43:33 PM »

Thanks Steph!

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2011, 03:24:21 PM »

OK, I've read the first 5 chapters of Love This Pain by My Confession.  So far, so good.  I'm really enjoying it.  It's a Nick story and it starts with him being dumped and alone on his 30th birthday.  AJ sets him up with a blind date and he expects her to be a minger, but it turns out she's gorgeous and not the usual type of girl he attracts.  They have a lovely meal and plenty of conversation before going to his hotel.  They have amazing sex but when he wakes, she's gone and not left her number (she must be mad, lol).

Really well written, good detail in the story and it makes you want to carry on reading.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2011, 05:55:40 PM »

Love This Pain is an awesome story, I loved it!

carterkid

• Major Disruption
  • It's a backstreet world....we just live in it
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2011, 07:51:09 PM »

Love'ng the story I'm reading!It's  so funny I'm crying LOL
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11