Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: 1000 Ways To Kill Nick Carter  (Read 94423 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: 1000 Ways To Kill Nick Carter
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2011, 11:25:34 PM »

I added Death #10.  Only 990 more to go!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2011, 01:03:20 AM »

I added #11 :D I'm having fun with this lol

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 01:07:21 AM »

We're up to 13!

*sings* 987 deaths to go...987...Kil l Nick now, pass the body around...986 deaths to go...
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2011, 01:12:12 AM »

Ooh, unlucky 13!  Poor dead Nick LOL.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2011, 01:13:15 AM »

I know lmao. But it's so fun killing him...

Nick:  ??? :o *attempts to run for it*

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Karen

• Major Disruption
  • You only live once.
    • drivebylove
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2011, 02:15:15 AM »

I added #14  :)
Find me @ drivebylove, ac

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2011, 02:34:04 PM »

I guess we need to add a disclaimer to the rules of the Round Robin.

Apparently, once you contribute a chapter to this, you are hereby limited to only updating one of your own stories per day for the rest of your life, in case someone else decides to add to the story on the same day you decide to update more than one of your own stories, which would earn you a ban according to the site spamming rule.

I don't think anyone really thought about this when we started it, since a round robin isn't like a typical collab between the same two people, so apologies to those who didn't know what they were getting into... neither did we!

Personally, I'm fine with only updating one story per day, but I know some people have several they like to update regularly, so this might be more of an inconvenience for them.

So consider yourself warned... kill Nick at your own risk! :P
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 02:38:44 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2011, 02:38:22 PM »

Seriously guys, I had NO idea. I also was told I have to add everyone who contributes as coauthor. If I'd known, I would've come up with a different way to do this. I'm really sorry about that. Cause this never came to mind when this all started LOL. 

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2011, 02:42:32 PM »

Eh, you live and learn. That's why I posted in this thread as early as I did. To avoid the confusion.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2011, 02:44:07 PM »

Luckily I only work on one story at a time, but will be careful about updating.  Thanks for the warning.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2011, 02:45:41 PM »

Yeah, we need to either add it to the actual story, though, for people who don't know this thread is here, or rethink how we want to do this.  'Cause the way it is now is no different than being limited to posting one story a day just for participating in one of the monthly challenges.  I would just hate to see more prolific writers turned off to the idea of trying something fun and different like that.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2011, 02:50:53 PM »

Eh, you live and learn. That's why I posted in this thread as early as I did. To avoid the confusion.

True, but I didn't think if someone posted one thing, that months later for example (even if they never added anything else to it) they'd still be stuck only updating one story if this one got updated by someone else.

Maybe we could turn this into an open series or something. That way names won't be attached to this forever, just to their one shot...

Cause the coolest thing about this was that people who I didn't expect to see join in, are joining in. And I feel like this would just turn people off of that.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2011, 02:54:32 PM »

Yup, same thing. If you write a short story for a challenge and then post two other stories on the same day, that's three stories in one day.

The only tricky thing about a red robin is you have no control over when it updates but if people who were about to update it took a second to see if any of the other authors already updated twice before they posted, there would be no problem. It's an extra step but also a courtesy. I do think it would be a good idea to put that disclaimer on there though. Woudn't hurt, I mean eventually it'll slow down and won't become an issue but right now Nick killing is the new trend of the moment.  LOL

I'm not trying to be difficult but rules are rules, if we make an exception to this I can see people trying to abuse it. Remember it only takes one to ruin it for everyone else.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2011, 02:55:29 PM »

True, but I didn't think if someone posted one thing, that months later for example (even if they never added anything else to it) they'd still be stuck only updating one story if this one got updated by someone else.

Maybe we could turn this into an open series or something. That way names won't be attached to this forever, just to their one shot...

Cause the coolest thing about this was that people who I didn't expect to see join in, are joining in. And I feel like this would just turn people off of that.

Yeah, maybe a series would be better.  That would solve the problem of people not being able to edit or respond to their reviews unless we add them as coauthors, and then they wouldn't be bound to the story for life.  I mean, it could take us awhile to get to 1000! LOL

I like it better as one round robin story because it condenses it; it's all in one story and not all these separate one-shots floating around.  But I guess having them all under the same series would still tie them together.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2011, 02:58:03 PM »

Why don't you take away the red robin part of it and just ask people to email their chapters and then once a week update it with any chapters you get? This way you'd have control over when it's updated, everyone knows the date it will happen so they know that day to only post one chapter? Like okay Tuesdays are kill Nick days so I can only update once!

Just a thought
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17