Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: 1000 Ways To Kill Nick Carter  (Read 94444 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: 1000 Ways To Kill Nick Carter
« Reply #135 on: August 10, 2011, 01:47:15 AM »

I know, I'm sad at the fact we lost Tracy's deaths and our feedback. Call me a dork but I'm re-reviewing every submission lol. I don't care if they're in the same order as before (except for maybe Julie's frozen death by cougar and my suicide for Nick that came directly after lol). I just hope we can recover most of it!

Repost when you can :)
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Karen

• Major Disruption
  • You only live once.
    • drivebylove
« Reply #136 on: August 10, 2011, 01:53:00 AM »

I got mine up there. I have a few more that aren't finished to go up. If I hadn't just gotten off work and my brain wasn't a mush, I'd swear there is some way to retrieve it off of a database. It would be even better if we knew there was a nightly back up or recent back up of the database. Then we could just restore the thing.
Find me @ drivebylove, ac

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #137 on: August 10, 2011, 01:54:48 AM »

I'd love to be able to restore it, hopefully there's a way. But I figured I'd set this up for anyone who wants to submit something new, just in case we can't.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #138 on: August 10, 2011, 02:26:03 AM »

I'm a bit late sorry. I was so upset initially but due to a small miracle I remember my deaths so I am gonna attempt writing them all again. I reposted three already. I feel so bad I don't have a computer to save my stuff.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #139 on: August 10, 2011, 03:50:20 AM »

Would be great if it could be restored from a backup.  But like Rose, I'm going to re-review everything :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #140 on: August 10, 2011, 06:23:37 AM »

Sorry guys, it can't be. :(

We are able to back up the actual site but not the individual files.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #141 on: August 10, 2011, 06:35:35 AM »

You guys were updating way too often for our backup to be of any use to you, too. It's weekly.

This seems to happen once every summer lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #142 on: August 10, 2011, 08:10:49 AM »

WOW, I went to bed and missed a lot!  I haven't talked to Rose yet, so I don't know the whole story, but I can guess who deleted it and why... I know it couldn't have been intentional; I know they probably only meant to delete their chapter.  Just a lesson to everyone to be careful when you go clicking around and read everything before you click OK!

I have my stuff saved, so I'll go re-post and re-review everyone else's.  Another lesson to everyone - save your work!!  With so many people listed as co-author, something like this COULD happen again (hopefully it wouldn't).  I don't know what the solution to that is.  Personally, I like being able to reply to reviews and edit my parts if I need to, and I don't want to take that privilege away from someone else just because I don't know them enough to trust them...  So I guess we all just need to agree to be really careful.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 08:16:53 AM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

BSBfan4ever

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #143 on: August 10, 2011, 09:25:07 AM »

Post it and just change the number for what death it was. Also, be sure to title it as "Death #" instead of chapter.

Ok cool, I'll post in a little bit, I've been having Internet issues off and on, so if my internet is working in a little bit I'll post it, I might add to mine.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #144 on: August 10, 2011, 09:47:41 AM »

I just PMed or used to the site contact feature to email a bunch of people that I knew had contributed to let them know this happened so hopefully they can repost.  I'm sure I missed someone, but hopefully they'll figure it out.  If you already posted about it in this thread, you may not have gotten a PM from me because I knew you already knew (except I think I PMed you, Steph - sorry!).

Thanks to those of you who have already reposted (even rewritten!) or are going to later, and even bigger thanks to those of you who are taking the time to go back and review other people's stuff again (or for the first time).   It's easier to repost the story than get all those reviews back, so this helps.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #145 on: August 10, 2011, 09:57:50 AM »

Seriously thanks to everyone who's reposted or rewritten, and rereviewed. I know this sucks :( but doing that really helps. You guys rock :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #146 on: August 10, 2011, 09:59:58 AM »

We'll be back before you know it and better than ever!  Seriously, we racked up close to 50 deaths and 300 some reviews in just over a week - we can do it again!  Just repost what you've got, read and review all the other epic deaths, and keep thinking of new ones to add!
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #147 on: August 10, 2011, 10:02:41 AM »

*chants* Can we kill Nick? :D Yes we can! Lol

ForeverFrick

• Major Disruption
« Reply #148 on: August 10, 2011, 10:22:31 AM »

I still have my chapter (I'm pretty sure).  I'll go post it.  It sounds like most people are/were able to repost, so that's good at least. 

ForeverFrick

• Major Disruption
« Reply #149 on: August 10, 2011, 10:25:40 AM »

I don't suppose anyone remembers what I titled my chapter? lol
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17