Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So I know I was banned...  (Read 7400 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: So I know I was banned...
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2011, 12:38:05 PM »

You know the people who you were laughing at said they weren't aware of the rules, too. That's what everyone says. It's easy to go on a site and overlook their rules. Just like when that little box with the legal agreement pops up on a piece of software and most people scroll right through it. It happens, we can't fault anyone for glossing over them, all we can do is hold everyone to the same standard.

And as I said in my last post everything is considered, I never said I disagreed with you, it just isn't going to happen overnight. Looking back over the past few years, October is generally rule review time.

I totally agree, and that's why a warning would be nice.  If they overlook the rules and then choose to ignore a warning, too, then they deserve a consequence.

My bad; it seemed like you didn't really care for what I posted, but we both know it's easy to misread the tone of a post.

I think it'd be great to see updates to the rules/consequences in the fall, after they've been in effect a full year.  That makes a lot of sense.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2011, 12:41:00 PM »

No worries, guys! I wasn't expecting any favoritism, which I said in my original thread post.  I was just thinking about it for the future for other people who end up in my situation and are jerks who don't read the rules carefully enough.

And, duh, I know most people will never 'fess up and admit that they didn't read the site rules when they are caught breaking rules, but it always makes me sad that the people who truly did not know end up being lumped into the bad guys jail with the losers who blatantly, and knowingly, break the rules just to piss people off. And, no, I'm not including myself in as part of those innocent people. I'm a jerk, and I know it. lol

le sigh. I'm not getting any work done at work lol I should go do that now.
Sarah

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2011, 01:02:21 PM »

Just popping in to say yay for Mare's magical ass! LOL
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2011, 01:06:35 PM »

lmao talk about a drastic turn in a thread!

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green
Pages: 1 [2]