Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Questions I've pondered.  (Read 9515 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Questions I've pondered.
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2011, 11:44:21 AM »

I don't like when someone says "I won't update until I see more reviews".

This!!!  Huge pet peeve of mine too.  That shit just makes me not want to keep reading, let alone review.  Luckily none of the authors I like do that.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2011, 12:43:29 PM »

^ me three! It's just as a bad as begging for a pity read. Yes, I know let me threaten my readers...that'll work! LOL None of the authors I read d that either. I would never read something by someone who did something like that.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2011, 12:44:30 PM »

LOL I love how this is turning into a fanfic pet peeve thread. I am enjoying the peeving! LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2011, 01:59:55 PM »

I hate that too!  Luckily I've not come across it here, or if people are doing it here, they aren't stories I read.  But over on another site some of them did it.  It really annoyed me and made me not want to read.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2011, 02:15:54 PM »

I am guilty of doing that with ONE story.  Back when I decided to try writing Wulf's Bane as an original fiction I didn't want to continue writing it as a fanfic and try to change it if no one was reading.  It's the only story I've EVER said that on and it was only because I didn't want to stop writing it if someone was really out there reading and waiting, because I was stopping it not because I was going to. LOL.   To me it wasn't review or I'll stop .. it was tell me through e-mail or review that you are reading and I will continue it for you.  Maybe you all don't see that instance as different but I did.

I would never do that with any of my other stories or I wouldn't have any posted. LOL!!!
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2011, 02:34:27 PM »

I think that's a different situation Lore and completely understandable .  It's when writer's are getting reviews but want more and are shamelessly bribing their readers, then that's not really very nice.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]