Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Featured Story for May 2007 - Children Like Me by Mersey  (Read 30687 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Featured Story for May 2007 - Children Like Me by Mersey
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2007, 07:21:26 AM »

Yes, i need a push to write, and your birthday was it for me. I thought hey, why not? It's a 3M tradition anyways, lets do it! lol. and the big bonus is that you liked it in the end, it would have sucked if you hated it and it was meant for your bday! lol

LOL aww I would have neevr hated it. I don't think i've ever hated anything you have written. ow if you mailed me a set of toe nail clippers or something... that I would have hated.

I am thinking of some Oprah questions for you, once I figure some out i'll post them. :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2007, 04:43:25 PM »

Ugh I am the typo queen lately. lol I need to slow my fingers down or something.

Anyway...

here's your first question:

What made you decide to write this fic?

There ya go!

lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2007, 09:26:08 PM »

Ugh I am the typo queen lately. lol I need to slow my fingers down or something.

Anyway...

here's your first question:

What made you decide to write this fic?

There ya go!

lol

Lol, I actually forgot how I came to writing this fic, I think it’s just ideas that pops up in my head that needed a lot of tuning before I settled on this one. I wanted to make a new bsb short fic for your bday and I know I wanted it to be a thriller/suspense and I was thinking of Prison Break, how while on the run, the boys were forced into hiding and it just happened to be a room where Nick was staying in and he ended up helping the brothers.

And then it went to a scary route and I thought what happened if the Winchesters came one night and told Nick he’s in trouble? That Sam had a vision of him being in danger. But then I remember Sam’s visions are always connected to the Yellow Eyed Demon and it always involve a Special Kid like him (think the kid from ‘Nightmare’, Andy and Ava) so that’s how I turned Nick into an SK himself and then the plot bunnies came and it stretched into more than a short fic and I went along with it and hope it didn’t abandon me half way, lol.

Now why it's a crossover in the first place? lol...i forgot why and its' bugging me, lol.

Yay, I’m so glad I remember this, lol. Thanks for the question mare! I like how a simple question can drain my brain, im such a looney!
What succor, what consolation is there in truth, compared to a story? What good is truth, at midnight, in the dark, when the wind is roaring like a bear in the chimney? What you need are the plump comforts of a story. Th soothing, rocking safety of a lie - Vida Winter

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2007, 09:27:18 PM »

Hmm haven't read this one yet, I'm gonna have to check it out!!! *runs to AC*

awww thanks for at least checking it out Teri :)
What succor, what consolation is there in truth, compared to a story? What good is truth, at midnight, in the dark, when the wind is roaring like a bear in the chimney? What you need are the plump comforts of a story. Th soothing, rocking safety of a lie - Vida Winter

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2007, 09:29:06 PM »

Aww good answer! I'm glad you went the SN way and not the PB way lol

I give you five marshmellows for that answer. :)

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2007, 09:38:59 PM »

Yay for Mersey!! *throws confetti and blows up balloons*

I LOVE this story, and, Mare's right. You don't have to be a fan of Supernatural in order to appreciate everything that happens in the story. Maybe you'll even turn into a Supernatural fan after reading this...I know I did LOL

Children Like Me is full of awesome suspense with some amusing lines and situations added in (ex: Dean and Nick *wiggles brows* and everyone lining their hotel room windows with salt LMAO) I just love Mersey's writing to pieces, and this is yet another tale that she fabulously spun! Congrats, Mersey!

If you haven't read it....you should!!

*is catching confetti and staying away from balloons*

Sarah, this is such a huge compliment, you and mare and maria really made my day (my month) I couldn't stop smiling and it's a good feeling that i believe every struggling writer deserves, just for writing. and i'll never forget you and your Sam Socks when I think of CLM, lol. Good luck on your papers! Hopefully after that, you'll start writing on your BSB/Sn fic again! I promise to behave and wait, lol  ;D

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
    • Drifting-In-Between-Dreams A Place to Lose Reality if Only for a Moment
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2007, 02:22:15 PM »

Okay I've been reading this story and wow I really like it. It's interesting and completely different from the norm. I love how everything is in first person, I wish I could write first person THAT well. So far I'm loving it Mersey outstanding job definitely deserving of featured story of the month!!
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."
Angel: "Spike.... just walk away"
Spike: "You're a..."
Angel: "Don't say it!"
Spike: "You're a bleeding puppet!"

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2007, 09:07:25 PM »

Okay I've been reading this story and wow I really like it. It's interesting and completely different from the norm. I love how everything is in first person, I wish I could write first person THAT well. So far I'm loving it Mersey outstanding job definitely deserving of featured story of the month!!

yay! thanks for reading Teri, glad to know you're liking it so far! :D and dont worry, i used to be very uncomfortable with writing first person too, but i love reading fanfics with first person and that helped, a lot!

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2007, 09:14:53 PM »

Aww good answer! I'm glad you went the SN way and not the PB way lol

I give you five marshmellows for that answer. :)

yay! *chomps on marchmellows* Stars are way overrated anyway ;)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2007, 09:16:35 PM »

Okay here's another question for you...

Was there anytime while you were writing this story that you changed the plot or went another way then what you had originally planned?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2007, 09:17:08 PM »

yay! *chomps on marchmellows* Stars are way overrated anyway ;)

I'd give you gold stars but they were stolen!!  :-\

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
    • Drifting-In-Between-Dreams A Place to Lose Reality if Only for a Moment
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2007, 07:31:20 PM »

yay! thanks for reading Teri, glad to know you're liking it so far! :D and dont worry, i used to be very uncomfortable with writing first person too, but i love reading fanfics with first person and that helped, a lot!

Welcome dear it's much deserved! Yeah i'm getting more and more comfortable with first person with co-writing Sexcapades, that story is definitely liberating and has helped me learn a TON about first person writing.
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."
Angel: "Spike.... just walk away"
Spike: "You're a..."
Angel: "Don't say it!"
Spike: "You're a bleeding puppet!"

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2007, 08:18:23 PM »

Yay! So I just started this story and I gotta give it up to Mersey! It has me HOOKED. Everyone go read it!!!! Even if you don't watch Super Natural. (I've never seen the show and I'm loving the story.) Props to Mersey! I'm sure I'll have more to say when I'm finished.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2007, 07:09:36 AM »

Yay! I'm glad so many people are giving this one a try.

Okay Mers, I know you aren't usually here on the weekends but I do have another question for you when you finally come online.

What made you decide to give Nick the supernatural powers?

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2007, 01:30:21 PM »

^^I've always wanted to know that, too LOL I mean, you could've given those powers to AJ or Brian. Heck, if you'd given them to Howie, that would've made your story go in a whole different direction  :P But, yeah...why Nick?
Sarah
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7