Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Featured Story for May 2007 - Children Like Me by Mersey  (Read 30967 times)

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
Re: Featured Story for May 2007 - Children Like Me by Mersey
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2007, 02:09:51 AM »

Yay! So I just started this story and I gotta give it up to Mersey! It has me HOOKED. Everyone go read it!!!! Even if you don't watch Super Natural. (I've never seen the show and I'm loving the story.) Props to Mersey! I'm sure I'll have more to say when I'm finished.

Honey, thank you for your reviews and im glad you're liking it so far! and LOL at you and Sarah IMing each other!! Sarah is like SN's new spokeperson i swear! And pls dont let your hatred towards Jason stop you from watching Dean, lol...because i hated Jason too, which was kind of hard at first cause i love the actor, lol. Oh and Sam said, you can always watch his pretty self if you dont like his brother, lol.
What succor, what consolation is there in truth, compared to a story? What good is truth, at midnight, in the dark, when the wind is roaring like a bear in the chimney? What you need are the plump comforts of a story. Th soothing, rocking safety of a lie - Vida Winter

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2007, 02:15:25 AM »

Okay here's another question for you...

Was there anytime while you were writing this story that you changed the plot or went another way then what you had originally planned?

Yay 2nd question!!!!  ;D

Yes i have, quite a lot actually but the main one had to do with Kevin and his unborn child. The main idea had been for Sam's vision about Kristin being killed to be a true one instead of being planted by the demon to lure both Sam & Nick out. But then after hearing so many rumors about Kristin possibly expecting, I decided to change the plot because i know this is just a fiction but i still dont feel comfortable 'dooming' their unborn son. It works in the end i think, i got myself a mean cliffy, hehe.
What succor, what consolation is there in truth, compared to a story? What good is truth, at midnight, in the dark, when the wind is roaring like a bear in the chimney? What you need are the plump comforts of a story. Th soothing, rocking safety of a lie - Vida Winter

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2007, 02:34:40 AM »

Yay! I'm glad so many people are giving this one a try.

Okay Mers, I know you aren't usually here on the weekends but I do have another question for you when you finally come online.

What made you decide to give Nick the supernatural powers?

Quote from: starbeamz2
^^I've always wanted to know that, too LOL I mean, you could've given those powers to AJ or Brian. Heck, if you'd given them to Howie, that would've made your story go in a whole different direction  Tongue But, yeah...why Nick?

Yay, another question!!! *is happy*

ok, first of all the fic was meant to be a short one and for mare's birthday and since mare's fav bsb is Nick, it was a natural choice for me.

secondly, i want there to be a connection, something that the guys can relate to the Winchester brothers and vice versa. When I see SamnDean i think of Nick's relationship with the guys, and I think Sam would understand/connect more with Nick being that they are both the youngest and have brother(s) constantly in their shadows (which is kind of funny seeing how both of them are taller than said brother(s)), i like the parallels that i saw while planning it.

I think it'd be awesome to have Brian with the powers too, because personally for Brian, it'd be a conflict of beliefs, it'll test his faith and the outcome in the long run. But i'm hardly the person to touch on sensitive issues like religion, so if i had done that, i know i wouldnt be able to give it justice.

i hope that explains it :D

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2007, 11:25:03 AM »

Honey, thank you for your reviews and im glad you're liking it so far! and LOL at you and Sarah IMing each other!! Sarah is like SN's new spokeperson i swear! And pls dont let your hatred towards Jason stop you from watching Dean, lol...because i hated Jason too, which was kind of hard at first cause i love the actor, lol. Oh and Sam said, you can always watch his pretty self if you dont like his brother, lol.

lol. I know... I don't hate Jensen, I hate JASON. But, like I said, I'm over it now(there are people I hate worse at the moment *coughs* LANA *coughs*)  Now it's only a matter of finding the time to rent season one so that I can start from the begining. Seriously though, great job with the story! Looking forward to reading the rest!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2007, 05:08:07 PM »

Yay, another question!!! *is happy*

ok, first of all the fic was meant to be a short one and for mare's birthday and since mare's fav bsb is Nick, it was a natural choice for me.

Duh me! lol and I love how in the entire story Nick always referred to the guys as his brothers. Never once just calling them band mates or friends.

:)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2007, 08:52:26 PM »

lol. I know... I don't hate Jensen, I hate JASON. But, like I said, I'm over it now(there are people I hate worse at the moment *coughs* LANA *coughs*)  Now it's only a matter of finding the time to rent season one so that I can start from the begining. Seriously though, great job with the story! Looking forward to reading the rest!

OMG i hate Lana too! is she dead yet? lol

and the only good thing abt that season when Jensen was in it is that we get to watch 3 hot guys always topless in that show. seriously, i used to tell my sister this show is selling their boys with no shame at all, lol. not that i was complaining or anything

and as a reply to your review...yes, Sarah is quite the poster child, isnt she? lmao.

mers

• Captain of Commotion
  • the other M
    • Unveiled Thoughts
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2007, 08:57:15 PM »

Duh me! lol and I love how in the entire story Nick always referred to the guys as his brothers. Never once just calling them band mates or friends.

:)

i was (still am) in total denial abt the whole kevin thing and the boys just being band mates these days. i need to stress on the brothers thingy because i really do believe they're like that. tell me im right mare! lol

Steph

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Trying to forget; the pain's still there.
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2007, 09:18:26 PM »

i was (still am) in total denial abt the whole kevin thing and the boys just being band mates these days. i need to stress on the brothers thingy because i really do believe they're like that. tell me im right mare! lol
I'm not mare, but I can tell you that you're right! :D

Dean & Sam Winchester.
Hunters. Protectors. Survivors. Family.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2007, 09:19:44 PM »

I am Mare and I agree with myself! lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Steph

• Minion of Mayhem
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2007, 09:21:04 PM »

I am Mare and I agree with myself! lol
LOL... I think these peanut butter M&M's made me hyper... they're SHREK size!

Dean & Sam Winchester.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2007, 09:22:50 PM »

Whoa! Are they also green and have cute little ears?

Steph

• Minion of Mayhem
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2007, 09:27:59 PM »

Whoa! Are they also green and have cute little ears?
They are green, orange and brown. Some of them have an imprint of Shrek's face in place of the infamous 'M'. They're huge!

Dean & Sam Winchester.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2007, 09:31:16 PM »

aww very cute.

Steph

• Minion of Mayhem
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2007, 10:00:39 PM »

aww very cute.

Very cute and very addicting. My co-worker keeps sneaking some. He's like "Just one more..." LOL

Dean & Sam Winchester.

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2007, 10:39:36 AM »

LOL... I think these peanut butter M&M's made me hyper... they're SHREK size!

Seriously, those exist?!  :o
I so want those..
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7