Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Ten Favorite Stories on AC  (Read 12672 times)

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
Ten Favorite Stories on AC
« on: May 02, 2007, 10:59:53 AM »

I find this really amusing and really sad at the same time, but I was just clicking through the Tens, which is not something I usually do, and I noticed that ALL of the Ten Favorite Stories are about Nick and a girl.  Not to disparage the romance writers or the Nick lovers, or both (honestly, I'm writing one, too LOL), but I think it's frustrating to know that people are more likely to read a story if it's a Nick romance. *sigh*
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 11:18:06 AM by starbeamz2 »
Sarah

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
    • Drifting-In-Between-Dreams A Place to Lose Reality if Only for a Moment
Re: Ten Favorite Stories on AC
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 03:20:02 PM »

lol since we're both on the top ten favorites I think it's amusing as well, maybe nick is just easier to read? Probably because his relationships are just THAT full of drama! LOL But yeah it'd be nice to see a brian or an aj story up there, but I don't know if that'll happen. I'm just glad mel took ADM off of number one!
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."
Angel: "Spike.... just walk away"
Spike: "You're a..."
Angel: "Don't say it!"
Spike: "You're a bleeding puppet!"

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 04:01:35 PM »

I just checked that out. That's interesting lol

Ever since i've started to write fanfic it's always been romance oriented, of course not that there's anything wrong with that lol Sorry romance people. There are just more of you than there are of us. Actually I remember it was all about slash too which I never really understood.

I remember when people always said to you write het or slash and I never had a clue what they meant. lmao oooh those were the days. It's always ben Nick and a girl fics as well or Nick and a boy.

on a side note,

I was bummed I thought this was going to be a fun survey like list your top ten favorite stories on AC lmao

Aww :( now maybe i'll make that survey lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Steph

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Trying to forget; the pain's still there.
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 04:12:54 PM »

Yeah... no offense to Nick fans and/or writers, but c'mon! There are four other guys in the group that we love (and yes, I include Kevin. I think I'm still in denial) and can write about besides Nick.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaa aare, make a survey. I'm at work and BORED OUT OF MY MIND!

Dean & Sam Winchester.
Hunters. Protectors. Survivors. Family.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 04:14:46 PM »

Yeah... no offense to Nick fans and/or writers, but c'mon! There are four other guys in the group that we love (and yes, I include Kevin. I think I'm still in denial) and can write about besides Nick.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaa aare, make a survey. I'm at work and BORED OUT OF MY MIND!

LOL okay will do.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Steph

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Trying to forget; the pain's still there.
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 04:36:41 PM »

LOL okay will do.

Awesome! You have saved me from insanity caused by boredom at the workplace. Oh jeez... I said awesome...

Dean & Sam Winchester.
Hunters. Protectors. Survivors. Family.

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 05:57:03 PM »

on a side note,

I was bummed I thought this was going to be a fun survey like list your top ten favorite stories on AC lmao

Aww :( now maybe i'll make that survey lol

bwahahaha. sorry mare! but, hey, i'm glad you made the survey, though!

boy, i guess i shouldn't gripe about the nick romance thing because i'd rather not be asked the whole het or slash thing...EVER. ick.
Sarah

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
    • Drifting-In-Between-Dreams A Place to Lose Reality if Only for a Moment
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 06:03:11 PM »

lol slash isn't me lol the first non-nick fic i'm working on is KDL for Kisses Don't Lie, an Aaron fic that's getting hijacked by AJ very soon LOL.
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."
Angel: "Spike.... just walk away"
Spike: "You're a..."
Angel: "Don't say it!"
Spike: "You're a bleeding puppet!"

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 06:03:56 PM »

bwahahaha. sorry mare! but, hey, i'm glad you made the survey, though!

boy, i guess i shouldn't gripe about the nick romance thing because i'd rather not be asked the whole het or slash thing...EVER. ick.

LOL that was weird, I still don't get it. Maybe it's in reference to people who write visuals?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 06:04:30 PM »

Awesome! You have saved me from insanity caused by boredom at the workplace. Oh jeez... I said awesome...

Okay so I made the survey and you disappear? lmao

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 06:05:55 PM »

lol slash isn't me lol the first non-nick fic i'm working on is KDL for Kisses Don't Lie, an Aaron fic that's getting hijacked by AJ very soon LOL.

LOL that sounded funny for some reason.

I have written non Nick centered fics as well but it's much easier for me to write as Nick and I have never written a Nick and a girl fic. A Nick and a groundhog fic yes but never a Nick and a girl fic. Oh I guess I did once lmao now that I think about it but it was a short story.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 06:18:16 PM »

I remember when people always said to you write het or slash and I never had a clue what they meant. lmao oooh those were the days. It's always ben Nick and a girl fics as well or Nick and a boy.

Isn't it something to the effect of "if you want readers write het or slash"? *shrugs*

It can be a problem anyway... In a lot of other fandoms you run the risk of pairings whores and such...
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 06:19:02 PM »

LOL that sounded funny for some reason.

I have written non Nick centered fics as well but it's much easier for me to write as Nick and I have never written a Nick and a girl fic. A Nick and a groundhog fic yes but never a Nick and a girl fic. Oh I guess I did once lmao now that I think about it but it was a short story.

I was rooting for that little groundhog... :'(
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2007, 06:23:31 PM »

Isn't it something to the effect of "if you want readers write het or slash"? *shrugs*

It can be a problem anyway... In a lot of other fandoms you run the risk of pairings whores and such...

LOL probably

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2007, 06:24:04 PM »

I was rooting for that little groundhog... :'(

Aww...well maybe I should write a sequel then! ;) hehe
Pages: [1] 2 3 4