Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Ten Favorite Stories on AC  (Read 12678 times)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: Ten Favorite Stories on AC
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2007, 05:10:42 PM »

Ooh yes a groundvaark! And maybe Mare the groundhog can leave her little groundvaark on Nick's doorstep to raise as his own :(  Aww Nick the daddy to a groundvaark.

:D And then the groundhog crawls back in her little hole and imagines how Nick is the father of her baby.

:D
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2007, 12:11:02 PM »

Yea I've noticed the top 10 thing too. Nick stories have always been the most plentiful and I personally find him the easiest to write about. I stopped holding too much stock in the Top 10 anyway. It was fun at first, but now they don't really change much and in all honesty a few of those stories don't belong there.

But I've always written stories revolving around Nick and a girl. I don't think I could write as convinciengly about any of the other guys. I like to focus on relationships too. I have to have that female character in there too. I guess a lot of fics are pulling away from that now, but I'm very happy with the way I write.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2007, 01:54:48 PM »

Yea I've noticed the top 10 thing too. Nick stories have always been the most plentiful and I personally find him the easiest to write about. I stopped holding too much stock in the Top 10 anyway. It was fun at first, but now they don't really change much and in all honesty a few of those stories don't belong there.

But I've always written stories revolving around Nick and a girl. I don't think I could write as convinciengly about any of the other guys. I like to focus on relationships too. I have to have that female character in there too. I guess a lot of fics are pulling away from that now, but I'm very happy with the way I write.

Nick is the easiest for me to write too. I struggle with Howie and Kevin. Brian I think I can pull off, and AJ is a blast when I get him right lol. I put Nick through a lot, but I think in my one romance, I get him down the best cause I'm taking him on in 1st person.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2007, 02:37:28 PM »

I think that's because when you write in first person, you have to try to get into the head of the character more, as opposed to just attempting to get into their head in third person.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2007, 02:38:22 PM »

I think that's because when you write in first person, you have to try to get into the head of the character more, as opposed to just attempting to get into their head in third person.

True, I just hate how narrow 1st person can be, hence me having two POVs lol

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2007, 02:40:47 PM »

I think for me AJ is probably the most difficult and then Nick next.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2007, 02:45:21 PM »

I think for me AJ is probably the most difficult and then Nick next.

heeeey I have something to show you *nudge nudge*

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2007, 02:46:10 PM »

True, I just hate how narrow 1st person can be, hence me having two POVs lol

Or you could just... Write it from the first person view of everyone and change it each chapter. :D
~*Dee*~

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2007, 02:47:53 PM »

Or you could just... Write it from the first person view of everyone and change it each chapter. :D

:P that can get so confusing sometimes lol :P

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2007, 03:10:08 PM »

:P that can get so confusing sometimes lol :P

Hence why I write in third. :D
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2007, 03:42:47 PM »

I do that all the time lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2007, 04:15:18 PM »

Some of the babysitter's club books read like that, and then people's chapters crossed paths event-wise... Needless to say, it was all very confusing.
~*Dee*~

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2007, 04:19:06 PM »

I do that all the time lol

Well you pull it off well LOL :P

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2007, 11:12:18 PM »

Some of the babysitter's club books read like that, and then people's chapters crossed paths event-wise... Needless to say, it was all very confusing.

LMAO!!!  That is too funny cause I always think of those Babysitter's Club Super Specials when I think of stories with multiple first POVs that actually sorta worked.  Remember how they started the chapters with diary entries written in the different handwriting?  Ahh, I loved Babysitter's Club.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2007, 11:53:06 PM »

LMAO!!!  That is too funny cause I always think of those Babysitter's Club Super Specials when I think of stories with multiple first POVs that actually sorta worked.  Remember how they started the chapters with diary entries written in the different handwriting?  Ahh, I loved Babysitter's Club.

Aww me too! And I loved the super specials! I never got confused because every chapter did start with some kind of diary and I liked how the POV's switched in them. OMG the goo old BSC. Can we say memories or what? lol
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4