Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Felix Awards Season 4 - Nominations!  (Read 38346 times)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
Re: Felix Awards Season 4 - Nominations!
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2011, 09:17:46 PM »

LMFAO!!! Well I get reviews but never won an a Felix award. So that's bullshit. Lmfao.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2011, 11:33:23 PM »

I am just going to get a jumpstart on my bitching!!!!  I'll start with the noms aren't up fast enough... you should've been ready to go the minute the window closed... geez Mare... maybe you are too busy making sure only clique members get nominated and tossing all the others out? ;)
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2011, 04:50:44 AM »

Y'know, I don't mind whether I'm nominated or not (although I'm not gonna lie, it would be nice!), but as long as I see some of my favourites then I'll be happy :)

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2011, 05:54:13 AM »

same with me, Steph, since I am new here I might probaby won't be nominated at all. but to see my favorites or the ones I nominated get to the list then I will be happy. I am excited to vote!  ;)
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2011, 06:08:34 AM »

I am just going to get a jumpstart on my bitching!!!!  I'll start with the noms aren't up fast enough... you should've been ready to go the minute the window closed... geez Mare... maybe you are too busy making sure only clique members get nominated and tossing all the others out? ;)

Well if people actually read the directions and followed the rules we would have been able to put them up pronto, but no...  some came with no links, some came with only links and no story names authors etc...  some never copied their noms to me like I asked them too... some nominated stories in categoires the stories shouldn't be nominated in...

See? I can bitch too! lol :)

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

KrazyKelsey87

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2011, 08:17:43 AM »

I'm not sure how people would draw the conclusion that its all about being in a clique when last year the awards were voted on. Everyone was only allowed to vote once. That tells me its about having a popular story... and no I don't mean that in a bad way. A stroy can gain popularity in man ways. Being well written, being well promoted by the author, extra.

I just know I wish everyone could just find a way to be thrilled they are nominated. Last year I knew going in I had no chance of winning but I still felt honored to be listed. It told me someone somewhere enjoyed my work and gave me hope that I am getting to be a better author. It told me that maybe one day I would win.

Also, mare and julilly, I know you guys must deal with a ton more then all of us even know so I want to thank you l. Without you guys putting up with bullshit we wouldn't have this site at all let alone the awards. I love being able to get on here and post my stories and just feel free to be a fan fiction writing Backstreet fan. Here I feel no need to be ashamed. Even if I'm not well liked, I am still in a way understood because there are other fans here who write just like me! So thank you guys!

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2011, 01:00:37 PM »

Well if people actually read the directions and followed the rules we would have been able to put them up pronto, but no...  some came with no links, some came with only links and no story names authors etc...  some never copied their noms to me like I asked them too... some nominated stories in categoires the stories shouldn't be nominated in...

See? I can bitch too! lol :)

You are just so mean!! now I'm going to bitch about how you called me out on my bitching! :)   LOL.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2011, 03:20:04 PM »

I'm not sure how people would draw the conclusion that its all about being in a clique when last year the awards were voted on. Everyone was only allowed to vote once. That tells me its about having a popular story... and no I don't mean that in a bad way. A stroy can gain popularity in man ways. Being well written, being well promoted by the author, extra.

I just know I wish everyone could just find a way to be thrilled they are nominated. Last year I knew going in I had no chance of winning but I still felt honored to be listed. It told me someone somewhere enjoyed my work and gave me hope that I am getting to be a better author. It told me that maybe one day I would win.

Also, mare and julilly, I know you guys must deal with a ton more then all of us even know so I want to thank you l. Without you guys putting up with bullshit we wouldn't have this site at all let alone the awards. I love being able to get on here and post my stories and just feel free to be a fan fiction writing Backstreet fan. Here I feel no need to be ashamed. Even if I'm not well liked, I am still in a way understood because there are other fans here who write just like me! So thank you guys!

Yes, we're not sure how cliques are involved with this whole thing too lol and thank you. :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2011, 03:23:03 PM »

I am so envious of those girls in the Miami right now and will spend 4 days with the boys. Now, if we (non-cruisers) will get to see the list of nomination before them, then I think we will feel a lot better. LOL
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2011, 05:29:12 PM »

I feel crappy i'm not there either on top of it I have to work on these lists while my partner in crime is having the time of her life, so yeah, not gonna happen lol

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2011, 06:04:03 PM »

I wouldn't say I think there are "cliques" but it does seem that the same people always win. But I'm sure it's because they deserved it. I myself have been nominated the past two years for which I feel very honored. I thank whoever is out there that felt my work was worthy enough to be even considered. Maybe some day ...

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2011, 07:35:24 PM »

I have never been nominated so I am just gonna be happy if that happens lol hell its my first one. Would be nice but I won't be devastated if I am not. There's a lot of talent out there :)

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2011, 09:25:30 PM »

Okay, I feel like a heel. Just realized I never got around to sending my nominations in.

Good luck to everyone though!

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

summer

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2011, 11:17:14 PM »

Good luck with getting everything organized.

I've been nominated and I won an award and I'm not in a clique.

Though I do know that there are members on the site who are friends and who communicate in more ways than just reviews and the "outsiders" probably feel that because these people are all friends, then it means they're somehow staging things in their favor or they have a disadvantage because they're not "in the know" like they think the groups are. I could be wrong since I have no idea who thinks who is a clique, but that's how it's come across to me in what I've read.

But good luck to all those who end up nominated!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2011, 09:52:06 PM »

I only have a few more categories to go through before posting the list of nominees. Hopefully by Tuesday night i'll have the list up and ready for you to look at. :) Not voting ready, that's when Julilly takes over, but at least you'll be able to see who was nominated.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7