Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Poll

What would you like Kevin to do?

At the last minute, Kevin grabs the other NIck's hand and drags him towards the tear
- 3 (42.9%)
Kevin grabs Nick's body and takes it with them
- 4 (57.1%)
Kevin has to leave Nick's body behind
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Whatever the Night May Bring ending options (poll)  (Read 6161 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Whatever the Night May Bring ending options (poll)
« on: January 15, 2012, 10:09:16 AM »

Hey all!

I wasn't going to post this until the lastest chapter was completed but honestly, I have had zero desire to write lately so I thought i'd post it now and maybe it would help motivate me to get going on the ending to this story. I do have Word opened and have about a page and half written at least, that's progress, right?  :-X

Ever since I started it, I knew it was going to be a pick your own ending story and I have been really excited and couldn't wait to get to this point and here we are, almost!

So above there are three different options which will change the course of the ending depending on which one you choose.

Kevin makes a decision that will greatly effect the outcome of what happens to the boys. Choose what you would like Kevin to do and whichever option gets the most votes will be the way this story will end.

Of course, I will also go ahead and post the other two optional endings as well. Not saying it'll wrap up in the very next chapter. Depends on what you choose.

I hope that people who aren't reviewing but reading take the time to vote as well because if I went by reviews I would only have maybe 4 of you (sometimes 5 or 6) to have input and that would make me sad since writing all these endings is a lot of work and not worth it if no one cares but me lol I already know how it ends.

Thanks and happy voting!  ;D
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Whatever the Night May Bring ending options (poll)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 09:23:05 PM »

I'm beginning to feel like an idiot for thinking that people would care one way or another lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 10:20:25 PM »

Well I always review :) I also told you in your story that I would like to see Kevin take the other Nick back with them. I feel the same way sometimes, I want some feedback (not for review count) but just feedback and I'm not really getting it. I would love to see the other versions of the ending :)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 04:56:28 AM »

I vote that Kevin takes the other Nick back.  I've put it in my review too :)

I like that you're letting the readers decide what happens, it's very different.  Can't wait to see what's decided and also read the alternate endings too.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 10:43:33 AM »

Thanks guys. Getting reviews would be great but we already know how that goes. Seeing only 3 people care enough to vote is disheartening. I sometimes forget that people don't really read my stuff as much as they used to. I should have remembered that before concocting this idea up in my head. We'll see what happens. I'm not going to bother to write all these alternative endings if no one cares anyway lol

Just so you know though it's 2 votes for Other Nick going with them and one for dead Nick going with them.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 12:15:57 PM »

Sorry Mare, I haven't been keeping up with this story, so I can't make an informed choice.  I love the idea of alternate endings and letting the readers choose, though.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

balance

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 12:20:29 PM »

Mare,  whenever I attempt to submit my vote to the poll I get an error message.  So, I choose to have Kevin grab the other Nick's hand and pull him through the tear.  A big part of me wants Kevin to grab Nick's body because, well, it's Nick and he's Kevin and I see Kevin always taking care of Nick.  But, I just couldn't see the other Nick alone in this world without his "big brothers" when he has the chance to have them back.  

I really like that you gave us the opportunity to participate in this story, Mare.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:58:23 PM by balance »
Pammy Whammy

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 12:47:59 PM »

I voted, but I had to catch up first before even coming in here LOL.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 02:05:14 PM »

Thanks for voting guys. I think your vote did go through Pam. :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 07:00:15 AM »

Hey guys, i'm going to be closing the poll this week so I can start to write the remaining chapters. Just so you know, right now there is a tie between bringing Nick's body and bringing the other Nick, counting a vote that was given off of this poll. I will write both of those endings but i'm not going to bother with the third one since no one wanted it. lol

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 01:07:12 PM »

*whistles* whoops I tied it up.... but really any way you end this will be fantastic and I can't wait Mare!
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 04:44:29 PM »

Thanks, Lore. You actually broke the tie and now bringing the other Nick is in the lead.

My next question to you guys, after this chapter they will start splitting. Would you like reading one entire outcome first? Or posting them simultaneously? I've never done this before so just trying to figure out the best way to do it.

After 38 everything will turn into 39 a 39 b etc... I could post a and b at the same time or just do all the a's and then all the b's. Not that there will be that many chapters once we split. There might only be two. NO idea yet. lol

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 07:52:54 PM »

Hrm, I think that I might like reading them simultaniously! that might be intriguing to start one, start the other, continue with one with the other. Makes it really seem like they are going on at the same time which they will be right? 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2012, 08:11:14 PM »

Yup, if I do it that way it would be parallel just like the story I guess lol I'm just afraid it might be confusing.

balance

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2012, 10:13:34 PM »

I think I would like to read them simultaneously .  I thougt think it will be confusing if you label them A and B.
Pammy Whammy
Pages: [1] 2