Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: FS for February 2012: Garden by Louise  (Read 2837 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
FS for February 2012: Garden by Louise
« on: January 31, 2012, 09:22:17 PM »

Hello!

Just thought i'd post this while i'm on the computer. Ever since I got this Ipod Touch I am never on my actual computer anymore but typing on the computer is SO much easier lol

Anyway, this month will be an interesting one because it's the first time in a long time that the author is MIA. I decided to keep it a Louise month though because I didn't want to mess my order up. I know a lot of you wanted to discuss Homecoming but to be honest, she's not finished with it and she's not here to talk about it so I figured i'd go with her classic story Garden instead.

If any of you haven't read this, I highly recommend you give it a try. It's an awesome read. It's Kevin centered for all my fellow Kevin ladies and it will not disappoint.

Here is the link to the story:

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10629

I hope this isn't a totally dead thread this month and that occasionally some of you will pop in and say something and hey, maybe Louise will show up! lol weirder things have happened!

Happy Reading! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
Re: FS for February 2012: Garden by Louise
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 10:22:12 PM »

I absolutely loved Garden.  I had never read anything by Louise before and was pulled into it and couldn't stop reading.  It was a very sweet story.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 01:36:34 AM »

I loved Garden, even though it's a Kevin centered story. I was so happy when she reposted. I love anything Louise writes though.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 05:35:46 AM »

I haven't read this yet but will give it a try....
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 05:51:18 AM »

I absolutely loved The Garden, from when I first started reading it I was sucked in.  Nice to see a Kevin story too! 

I hope Louise carries on with Homecoming too as I'm completely hooked on that story and think it's amazing.  Such a good writer :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 10:16:21 PM »

Garden is a really good story.  It's probably the only Kevin-centered story (besides short stories) I've ever read and enjoyed, with the exception of Mare's Fly Fishing (but that was Nick-centered too).  This one also has a good Nick subplot, but Kevin's really at the heart of it, and that was new for me.  It's just a really creative, sweet little story.  It's been years since I've really read it, so I should probably try to reread it this month!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 08:33:26 AM »

I didn't know it was an old story as I first saw it a few months ago on AC when Louise posted it.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 05:47:20 PM »

Yeah, it was written in like 2002, maybe?  Somewhere around there.  So it's an oldie, but a goody.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Kentuckychickrk

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 12:10:31 PM »

Read the entire story yesterday and loved it!  Louise did a beautiful job, especially with the scene of Kevin with his father.  It wasn't overly dramatic or sappy -- just really well written.  She incorporated each of the characters into the story perfectly and I can always appreciate when an author gives Nick a more mature role.
-- Rachel --

*And in that line now was a whiskered old man, with a linen cap and a crooked nose, who waited in a place called the Stardust Band Shell to share his part of the secret of Heaven; that each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one.*
-- Mitch Album