Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Exit Survey  (Read 16715 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Exit Survey
« on: February 18, 2012, 07:51:53 PM »

One last thing - please be kind enough to "fill out" the exit survey over on the WP site.

If you have any suggestions feel free to add them in here, also. :)

http://acfictalk.wordpress.com/2012/02/18/felix-awards-exit-poll/
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Exit Survey
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 07:52:43 PM »

Loved the format this year, much easier to follow and keep up with, and YES, definitely another season of the Felix Awards!  Thanks for everything you, Mare, and Hannah did to organize this and get ready for the big night!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Bilittrell

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 07:54:48 PM »

Agree with Julie, loved how the awards were done this year. And I'm deffo up for another season of awards. BRING IT ON!

Thank you for the awesome job you guys did too!
- Lisa

Fernanda

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 07:57:39 PM »

This was my first time and it was good. Easy to see all the categories and winners.

Awesome job!

colorguard_diva

• Major Disruption
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 07:58:35 PM »

I liked that Felix Awards. Thank for all those who gave their time to making this a success.

I'm definitely up for another season. I think it would be great to add some more types of awards.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 07:59:22 PM »

Really liked the format this year, it was very easy to follow!

Thanks Julilly, Mare and Pengi for working on this and getting everything set up! Would definitely love to do all of the awards again next year! :)
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 07:59:23 PM »

Ok, so someone suggested in the survey that although they would like to see another season they would like more types of awards. It's obviously anonymous but I'm just wondering ... what other types of awards?

We went from about 21 categories down to 10 this year for the sake of my sanity and also because we had to cut out a huge chunk last year that didn't even get enough nominations to make it to voting. So, I'm looking for some suggestions from you all if you'd like to see something else that I can consider next year.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 08:13:34 PM »

Somehow I locked this thread, definitely didn't mean to! Oopsies!
~Maple Jellybean~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 08:18:17 PM »

I think you've got all genres covered!  Well, except like slash and visual, but really, if a story's actually a story with a plot, it should fit in one of the existing categories anyway.  Either of those could fit in Best Romance, maybe Best Short, etc.

Personally, I was fine with the fluffy categories like Best Couple, Best Kiss, Best Male/Female Lead, and so on being dropped.  I don't know if those are the types of awards they were referring to or what.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 08:19:04 PM »

Just wanted to come in here and say congrats to all the winners! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 08:22:26 PM »

Those categories made the awards feel more like junior high yearbook lol we decided to just keep it general genre and author and so much easier for the two of us to work with as well.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 08:23:34 PM »

Another suggestion in the exit survey was to open Felix up to all stories, not just those on AC. I'm hesitant to do that, admittedly. If someone can give me a good argument I would consider it but it really changes things. I'm not particularly interested in doing a bunch of work to support someone else's site. The purpose of things like this are to generate interest in AC and bring writers/readers to our forum and our site.

If someone wanted to do a general fanfic awards all the power to them but they are a lot of work and I think considering the posting rules we have in place for AC we're really ensuring that we get quality nominations with a strong fan base. I think I can speak for Mare when I say opening it up isn't really in the cards right now.

That being said, anyone could easily post their story on AC as well as their own site and it's instantly eligible.
~Maple Jellybean~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 08:25:03 PM »

I liked the author awards for each genre category... that definitely opened it up to a wider variety of people winning for their writing ability and overall body of work, not just an individual story.
~Julie

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 08:28:36 PM »

I liked the author awards for each genre category... that definitely opened it up to a wider variety of people winning for their writing ability and overall body of work, not just an individual story.

I was just looking for the 'like' button then I realized I'm not on Facebook lol I think it's bed time!
~Maple Jellybean~

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2012, 08:28:55 PM »

I liked the author awards in each category as well.

In general, I just really liked how simple and easy to follow the awards were this year. The categories that focused on genre and authors made it much easier to do nominations for. I found that in previous years when I was doing nominations there was a lot of duplication between the categories. It was difficult to split stuff out. This was simple and to the point - I liked that a lot.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell
Pages: [1] 2 3