Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Brian fanfiction  (Read 16326 times)

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
Brian fanfiction
« on: February 22, 2012, 02:39:27 PM »

I wonder why nobody writes fanfic about Brian?

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: Brian fanfiction
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 03:18:16 PM »

There are some good Brian stories on the site, have you read Something Beautiful by Pengi?  Or Rose's Walked Out of my Dreams?

There are probably more, but those are the ones which come to mind which I've read.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 04:21:48 PM »

There used to be a lot more than there is now! I remember (back in the day) when there was a time when Brian was slightly more popular than Nick when it came to starring in fanfic.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 04:48:12 PM »

Carter-Orange: yes, I read few chapters, but I have not hooked to this stories
julilly: I like the fanfics where Brian is sick and the slash fanfics

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 05:37:25 PM »

There are some good Brian stories on the site, have you read Something Beautiful by Pengi?  Or Rose's Walked Out of my Dreams?

There are probably more, but those are the ones which come to mind which I've read.

Awww thanks for the mention  :)

I definitely agree about Something Beautiful.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 05:42:02 PM »

It's a bummer there aren't more good Brian fics being written.  Brian's my favorite, and I used to read and write a lot more Brian stories than I do now.

Speaking from the writer side of things, I personally don't write about Brian as much anymore for a couple of reasons:  1) I wrote so many Brian stories in my first two years of writing fanfic that I tapped out most of my Brian ideas, and 2) Brian became less malleable as a character after he got married and started a family.

I like to stick to reality as much as I can with fanfic, so unless I'm writing an AU or a story that takes place in the past, I can't just deny Leighanne's and Baylee's existence, so I either have to include them in the story (which doesn't leave many options for romance, for instance) or get rid of them somehow, which can be tough.  Most of my Brian ideas these days are AU for just that reason, so I don't have to deal with the added baggage of his family.  I love Leighanne and Baylee; I just don't want them as main characters in all my stories.

Kevin and Howie writers may have the same problem, but I never wrote much about them to begin with, so I can't speak to that personally.  AJ and Nick still seem to provide more options because they're not so "settled."  Sure, AJ's married now, but it's totally plausible to see him split from Rochelle in a fanfic, and ditto with Nick and Lauren.  They can just realistically be taken in more different directions without going AU, and that may be partly why there are more new fanfics about them than Brian and the others.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 05:55:47 PM »

There's a lot of good Brian stories out there. Walked Out Of My Dreams is a good one....I haven't read Something Beautiful but I have heard really good things about it. I tend to write Brian as a secondary character but he's in all of my stories I've written.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 10:03:47 PM »

Something Beautiful is amazing, and Walked Out of My Dreams is great so far too!  Rose should update it... hint hint ZDR. :)
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 11:56:06 PM »

Hey, I'm working on Undead! LOL...though I do have a chapter for WOOMD started :P
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 11:40:15 AM »

I read all your messages and therefore, from what you said I should not put my fic on Brian on the web site

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 12:18:34 PM »

What? Why would you say that?
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 01:24:08 PM »

I read all your messages and therefore, from what you said I should not put my fic on Brian on the web site

If you feel there aren't enough Brian stories and you have a Brian story to post, then why not post it?  I'm sure some people would be happy to see a new Brian story.

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 01:47:58 PM »

julilly, Carter-Orange: because in my fic, there is no Leighanne, no Baylee and Brian is sick in my story

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 02:07:22 PM »

Don't worry about it, I don't write the wives/girlfriends into my stories very often.  There are a lot of AU stories on the site.  Some people like to include their real family, some don't.  Personally I don't mind either way as long as I enjoy the story.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 02:33:42 PM »

julilly, Carter-Orange: because in my fic, there is no Leighanne, no Baylee and Brian is sick in my story

So? It's your story! You can write about whatever you want. It's just other people that prefer it that way. There's a lot of stories about all of the guys that don't stick to what's happening in real life. It's your right to be creative however you'd like. :)
~Maple Jellybean~

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6