Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Brian fanfiction  (Read 16273 times)

usako

Re: Brian fanfiction
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2012, 01:45:16 PM »

Well, I write only slash, therefore their "distant times" are explained by having break up lol But, even as friends, I do think that their relationship is really fascinating and inspiring as a writer. Because I do believe that Brian kinda raised up Nick and Nick looked up so much at him. But then, you know, life happens: Brian met Leighanne while Nick grew up and started going up with others people. Maybe Brian didn't like them or maybe Nick thought that now Brian was too boring. The truth is that, no matter what happened in the past between the two of them, they are still the closest friends possible.  :)

I know that Brian doesn't talk about it that much but... isn't fiction useful in these kind of situation? Maybe because I've never been the kind of author that wrote about "getting together with my crush" lol . And yes, it isn't simple. But I would love, one day, to read (or maybe write) a story that explores that time, how it changed the guys's friendship and how they managed to bring it back the way it was before.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2012, 01:47:12 PM »

One of you should write that story then lol that's what I would do when I didn't see a story that fit the mold I was looking for. It sucks to some degree because you want to read it and not have to write it, but maybe once it's out there more people will follow.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2012, 01:55:22 PM »

usako: I was talking about his operation to the questions I would ask him, what happened before and after his operation.

For Nick, there was actually something in between the two of them. There are two videos on youtube, once brian kiss nick and nick kiss brian.

I do not want to be mean, but I think Brian looks unhappy since he was with Leighanne

usako

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2012, 01:58:34 PM »

One of you should write that story then lol that's what I would do when I didn't see a story that fit the mold I was looking for. It sucks to some degree because you want to read it and not have to write it, but maybe once it's out there more people will follow.
Believe me, it's something that I want to write.  :D But I have to get better with my writing in English. lol

usako: I was talking about his operation to the questions I would ask him, what happened before and after his operation.

For Nick, there was actually something in between the two of them. There are two videos on youtube, once brian kiss nick and nick kiss brian.

I do not want to be mean, but I think Brian looks unhappy since he was with Leighanne

lol I think I'm one of those fans who doesn't really care about their girlfriends or wives. If they're happy, that is only what counts to me. And secondly, I believe that Brian and Nick are together... lol and yes, I've seen that videos (and many more lol).

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2012, 02:08:00 PM »

Believe me, it's something that I want to write.  :D But I have to get better with my writing in English. lol

lol I think I'm one of those fans who doesn't really care about their girlfriends or wives. If they're happy, that is only what counts to me. And secondly, I believe that Brian and Nick are together... lol and yes, I've seen that videos (and many more lol).

If it makes you feel any better, just judging from your posts you do an excellent job with your English!  :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2012, 02:12:22 PM »

usako: we think the same thing, I also believe that Brian and Nick are together
mare: English is not my first language either and I try coped as best I can in English

usako

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2012, 02:13:08 PM »

If it makes you feel any better, just judging from your posts you do an excellent job with your English!  :)

Oh thank you!  :) But wait until I post something. lol Truth is that I'm really really insicure about my writing. I'm like that even in my own language, in English is ten times worse.

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2012, 02:17:35 PM »

Brian's almost always the character I write the POV from in my collabs with Evergreenwrite r, too. I love writing Brian's POV.

As for the question about the surgery time... I actually have notes and a storyline in my "to be written" folder on my pc here for a story set dealing with exactly that. Maybe now that I know there's demand for it, I'll work on it some and develop it after Bodyguard and June Challenge is done.
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

usako

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2012, 02:19:38 PM »

Brian's almost always the character I write the POV from in my collabs with Evergreenwrite r, too. I love writing Brian's POV.

As for the question about the surgery time... I actually have notes and a storyline in my "to be written" folder on my pc here for a story set dealing with exactly that. Maybe now that I know there's demand for it, I'll work on it some and develop it after Bodyguard and June Challenge is done.

You already are my favorite writer but if you ever write a surgery story, you will be my hero too!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2012, 02:21:03 PM »

I can only imagine how hard it is to write in a language that isn't your first one. I give you both so much credit. Don't let that be the reason you don't post your stuff though. I know Ritz felt the same way about her english. Maybe if you get someone to beta it for you, it might help your confidence.

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2012, 02:22:36 PM »

You already are my favorite writer but if you ever write a surgery story, you will be my hero too!

Aw, thank you. :) I'll work on it. Like I said, I've already got notes going on it and have for quite some time. My father went through an invasive open heart surgery back in 1993, so the topic is close to home for me.

usako

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2012, 02:27:10 PM »

I can only imagine how hard it is to write in a language that isn't your first one. I give you both so much credit. Don't let that be the reason you don't post your stuff though. I know Ritz felt the same way about her english. Maybe if you get someone to beta it for you, it might help your confidence.

In a way it isn't because I use English everyday. In my case, it's just having the courage. But, I'm like that even in my own language. I'm really shy, even if I'm behind a computer. That is why it took me so long to start talking here until today.  :)

Aw, thank you. :) I'll work on it. Like I said, I've already got notes going on it and have for quite some time. My father went through an invasive open heart surgery back in 1993, so the topic is close to home for me.

It's a topic close to me too. My dad had an heart attack in 2000 and had to undergo a surgery, even if it wasn't invasive or an open heart surgery.

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2012, 02:28:19 PM »

Pengi: I wanna read that too! I hope your father is fine and healthy now
mare: I have beta but I don't have any new of her. I did read my fiction by a writer and I received two pages of criticism, which hurts me a lot, so I do not know if I want to post my story now

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2012, 02:38:21 PM »

Minstral: My father recovered perfectly from the heart surgery. He's sort of one of those people that if they don't have a major medical emergency then it's just not the norm... He's undergone practically everything you can dream up. Currently, he's facing a hip replacement surgery in early August.  :-[

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2012, 05:07:43 PM »

If any of you write that kind of story, I would read it!

Brian's heart condition was a popular storyline back in the old days of BSB fanfic, 1998-2000ish.  I read quite a few stories about that, but they weren't usually about his heart surgery specifically or the way it impacted BSB.  There is one I really liked called "Heart of the Matter," but I have to warn you, this is the only place I can still find it online, and it's not complete there: http://www.angelfire.com/ga/bsbbabes/heartindex.html  I think that's MOST of the story, but not the whole thing. :(

This is another old one that is still online in its completed form and explores the relationship between Nick and Brian after his surgery: http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/dreamcastle/secret.htm

If you just want a good Brian heart problem story, this is an old favorite of mine: http://www.dreamers-sanctuary.com/hosted/cardio.html  It's not about his real heart surgery specifically; it takes it further than that.  Tearjerker!!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6