Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: To post or not to post  (Read 3918 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: To post or not to post
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 02:37:58 PM »

I tend to post once I've got a couple of chapters written, and then I post as I write it - which is why my updates are a little irregular at times.  I wish I could hold on until my stories are complete, but I just can't.  Maybe if I did that, I'd never post them.  I don't know.

With the collab I'm doing with Lore, I'm working differently though!  We're about 5 chapters ahead of what is posted, so we can update on a certain day.

Julilly and Julie - I hope to see updates one day :)

You are one of those people I always see updating. When you disappear I will be very sad, so don't go anywhere! LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2012, 02:43:02 PM »

I'm going nowhere LOL

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 02:47:33 PM »

Speaking of wanting to kill you, Julilly lol I think as a reader it's so frustrating when people do rush to post and then just stop updating because when that happens, I know I usually don't remember what I had read before so I end up going back and having to reread the entire story again. In that aspect as a reader, it's nice when people wait and post it all at once this way you know you do not have to wait forever for an update and know it's all there for you when you do have the time to read it.

I hate this too.  There are some stories I've basically just given up on and thought, "Well, if they ever finish it, I'll go back and reread the whole thing then."

I never wanted to be the kind of writer who does that, and now I am, and it sucks LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2012, 02:55:04 PM »

I never wanted to be the kind of writer who does that, and now I am, and it sucks LOL.

I agree so much! I hate being that person that couldn't finish something.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

VeeLynn

• Innocent Bystander
    • Dragon Age: Into The Fire
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2012, 03:09:08 PM »

I have people asking me if I'm going to finish the sequel to Fearful Renegade but I just can't. I can't bring myself to finishing it, so when I put my stories back up I made sure not to post it because unfortunately it will sit incomplete for a while, it may never get done and I wouldn't want to leave them waiting on an unfinished story.  Sorry ladies :(
The writer formally known as ScoobieGang. :D

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2012, 04:47:44 PM »

With my Chronos Stories and Unwinding Truth I have been good about being at least 3 chapters ahead in case something changes with in those chapters I can fix.   With my other stories I get excited I have a chapter to post and I usually get those written at work so instead of sending it to myself in email I just post them straight to the site then copy them over. 

I want to finish my vampire story that has been unfinished so long, I figure I will write that one and perhaps complete it before I post because I started, stopped, restarted, stopped and restarted, stopped so many times that I figure it would be better if I just finish it before posting again.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-
Pages: 1 [2]