Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: AC POSTING GUIDELINES (site not forum)  (Read 52226 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: AC POSTING GUIDELINES (site not forum)
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2017, 02:02:11 AM »

Hey mods, just FYI - Photobucket must have changed something about linking images on external sites because all images hosted on Photobucket, including the rules graphic, are not showing up... see the first page of this thread or http://absolutechaos.net/stories.php?action=newstory for example.  KimtheKaotic tweeted about it, but I'm not sure how often anyone checks the @ACFicTalk Twitter account.

Edit: I went to http://photobucket.com/P500/ for more info...  They want you to freaking PAY to upgrade your account in order to embed images on a third-party site.  Bullshit!  Here's an article that lists some free alternatives: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/photobucket-alternative-free-image-hosting-sites  Buh-bye Photobucket!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 02:19:10 AM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2017, 05:21:29 AM »

Huh...well that sucks. There's not much we can do besides delete the image but hopefully people who use photobucket will come here to click on the link you posted to change their images. No banners is always the best option lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2017, 08:43:50 AM »

Yup this sucks. I hosted everything with photobucket but a couple weeks ago I changed anything current to use Imgur, which seems to work just fine. Eventually I'll go reupload everything that I had in photobucket to Imgur, but today is not that day lol
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2017, 12:10:24 PM »

Yeah, hopefully you can just re-post the rules as text instead of an image; then it won't matter.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2017, 12:37:55 PM »

Hopefully we have them somewhere besides photobucket lol

Until then just everyone be good. It's the same people who always post in here anyway.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2017, 02:06:06 PM »

Whoever owns the Photobucket account should still be able to access the image there, if only to re-save it and upload it somewhere else or transcribe it if need be.

Until then, I guess I can start spamming up the Most Recent page with all the stories I've been productively writing!  Oh, wait...
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2017, 04:40:59 PM »

Yup, Julilly has it. Now people are going to be putting up banners as big as my head. Of course they'll say that photobucket is no longer working lol
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]