Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: Ask the author  (Read 1995 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Ask the author
« on: April 07, 2012, 09:55:29 AM »

Hey guys!

I thought i'd start a thread for people to ask their authors questions about their stories. I know for me sometimes when I am reading a story I have questions i'd love to ask and do in my reviews but unless the author responds, you're kind of left hanging. Even if an author does respond sometimes there's more you'd want to say but then you just go back and forth in reviews lol

Obviously, if you have a question for someone who never posts on here, chances are it will go unanswered, but i'm sure other people would love the opportunity to answer your questions or comments about their stuff because lets be honest, we love to talk about what we've written lol

So, go ahead and use this thread to ask away! :)

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
Re: Ask the author
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 07:53:28 PM »

I do want to say that this is a great idea Mare because I have asked questions in my reviews, I get answers but sometimes it leads to more questions or comments but I hesitate to give them more reviews just to discuss it.  :)
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 09:14:22 PM »

Yes, same here. I always end up having discussions via review lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 09:36:29 PM »

LOL I know; sometimes I wish there was a reply option to the author's response on reviews!  This is a good idea.  It reminds me of the board we had at the beginning of the forum that eventually turned into the Updates board, where authors each had a thread for people to ask them questions about their stories.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 03:09:23 AM »

Great idea for a thread, Mare!

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 10:43:31 AM »

Great idea :)

Tri

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 05:13:01 PM »

I love this idea!!  Like you have already discussed, I get questions via review sometimes and it's difficult to feel like I've answered them fully at times.  This should be a fun thread to follow!  :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 05:28:39 PM »

Let's just hope someone comes in and actually asks some questions lol