Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: The Second Annual readers challenge! :)  (Read 26724 times)

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
Re: The Second Annual readers challenge! :)
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2012, 03:15:20 PM »

I figured you'd ignore my NK thing since it was me being picky ... and I HAVE read a story with NK in it... granted they were killed off pretty early on  :-D  

I used to have a review site where I read all the submissions myself, I can read for plot and quality and ignore the fact tha some of the characters are NK's if I must.

I revised my survey... lol ... and I wasn't NEARLY as picky as some of the other surveys.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 03:18:26 PM by Purpura Lipstick »
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2012, 03:20:12 PM »

I did too and yes it did help that one of them had worms in his brain lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2012, 03:22:00 PM »

I'm pretty sure you know this, Lore, but my original post wasn't directed at you. I was using NK as an example because everyone knows about my intense hatred of them lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2012, 03:23:18 PM »

lmfao that always helps, since NK stories aren't my thing either. But all of them died, which doesn't hurt at all.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2012, 03:30:07 PM »

I'm pretty sure you know this, Lore, but my original post wasn't directed at you. I was using NK as an example because everyone knows about my intense hatred of them lol

I knew it wasn't, I figured you pointed it out because you don't like them and you know I don't like them and probably only put that there because I don't like them.   :)
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2012, 03:36:15 PM »

Okay good, just making sure lol

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2012, 03:52:04 PM »

I wouldn't say I hate slash...it is just I am not comfortable reading something like that. But I'm down to try everything else! And I misunderstood the question about what author you'd like trying your work. I thought you meant what author you'd like to try lmao sorry.

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2012, 03:55:54 PM »

I understand what you are saying mare. I just can't do horror. I don't even watch horror movies. They freak me out way too much. that's all.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2012, 03:56:16 PM »

I did that too Tracy, and fixed it already  LOL...
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2012, 04:08:48 PM »

I understand what you are saying mare. I just can't do horror. I don't even watch horror movies. They freak me out way too much. that's all.
I'll keep you away from horror

carterkid

• Major Disruption
  • It's a backstreet world....we just live in it
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2012, 04:29:27 PM »

Okay I take back my last post,just not to much horror or I'll have nightmares lol

Oh and my question about the co-writer?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2012, 04:51:57 PM »

Having a co-writer is fine. You might want them to know your story is being discussed if its chosen.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2012, 04:54:08 PM »

Remember guys, once I assign you to an author, you get to choose the story you read. So if there's a suspense, comedy and a drama and you don't Like suspense, just pick one of the other ones :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2012, 06:50:38 PM »

Name:  Julie

Did you participate in the challenge last year?  Yep!

If yes, what did you read? (story and author)  "My Answer is You" by Rachel (colorguard_div a)

Which story of yours was read and who read it?  "00Carter," Mellz Bellz and Sakabelle

What are your favorite genres to read?  Drama and suspense

Is there anything that you would feel uncomfortable reading?  Nope, I'm game for anything - bring it!

Give us three of your stories you would be willing to submit to this challenge, complete with links
Song for the Undead - http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9551
Curtain Call - http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10159

These are the only two I'm submitting because my other stories are either very old or very unfinished! LOL

All of the questions below are about what you like to read to give me an idea how to pair some of you up

Does chapter length matter to you? If yes, what is your preference? Long or short?  Doesn't matter.

Would you be willing to read a story that is not complete?  Yes.

Does story length matter to you? If so, what do you prefer? (1 - 25 chapters = short, 1 - 50 chapters = middle, 1- 100 chapters = long, over 100 = epically long)  Doesn't matter.

Who are some of the authors you read regularly?  Rose, Mare, Steph, Steph, Carrie/Jenna, Sarah... I haven't read all the stories they've written, though.

What are some stories you have read in the past year?  Running Up That Hill, Divine Intervention, Walked Out of My Dreams, Remember Me This Way, Last Christmas, Save a Prayer, Rewind, Fracture, Brian Potter and the Malevolent Musician

Do you regularly respond to feedback or give feedback?  Yes to both!

Do you have an author in mind who you would like to try out your stuff?  No preference!

Comments or questions?
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2012, 07:47:02 AM »

I will read anything that is assigned to me, I know I replied that I'd be uncomfortable with anything other than BSB and that I don't like slash...but I will read them as a challenge.

I've modified my questionnaire :)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 07:58:31 AM by Carter-Orange »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9