Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: The Second Annual readers challenge! :)  (Read 26713 times)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: The Second Annual readers challenge! :)
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2012, 07:49:02 AM »

I figured you'd ignore my NK thing since it was me being picky ... and I HAVE read a story with NK in it... granted they were killed off pretty early on  :-D 

They were only there to be killed off horribly :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2012, 11:49:01 AM »

If only that was the case in real life as well lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2012, 09:20:59 PM »

Mare you crak me up! Although this challenge is a bit intimidating, but I'm game!
Here is my entry.!

Name: Erika

Did you participate in the challenge last year? Yes

If yes, what did you read? (story and author) It Stays With You by Mare

Which story of yours was read and who read it?  Sinister Devotion by Cabybakes

What are your favorite genres to read? AU/Romance/Suspense

Is there anything that you would feel uncomfortable reading? Proly slash...

Give us three of your stories you would be willing to submit to this challenge, complete with links...

I'm only posting two because the others are old.

Just One Kiss
http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10672&warning=5

Fight Me http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10790&warning=5

All of the questions below are about what you like to read to give me an idea how to pair some of you up

Does chapter length matter to you? If yes, what is your preference? Long or short? Sorta...sometimes don't have enough time to read big chaps. I like short ones.

Would you be willing to read a story that is not complete? Yes 

Does story length matter to you? If so, what do you prefer? (1 - 25 chapters = short, 1 - 50 chapters = middle, 1- 100 chapters = long, over   100 = epically long) short or middle

Who are some of the authors you read regularly? Carter-Orange, Summer03, PurpuraLipstic k, Tri

What are some stories you have read in the past year? Time Has a Way, Chronos Project/breach, The Favor, Maybe Tomorrow

Do you regularly respond to feedback or give feedback? Yes, if I like and will continue reading I leave feedback. I wish I could respond like I used to, but I don't have a comp anymore and am stuck with an iPod that decides when to let me respond. Ugh!!

Do you have an author in mind who you would like to try out your stuff? 
Not really! 

Comments or questions? I really enjoyed this challenge. 

« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 09:07:28 PM by kevmylove »

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2012, 10:10:23 AM »

Guys I just added two more rules to the first post thanks to a great question from carterkid concerning length of stories.

The stories you submit should have at least 10 chapters with a minimum of 1,000 words per chapter otherwise it won't be much of a challenge for the person who is reading your work.

Also, please check your stories before you submit them. Your reader shouldn't have to act as your proofreader. lol

Glad to see so many of you on board already! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2012, 10:11:57 AM »

Thanks Erika! I'm glad my intense hatred of the New Kids is amusing lol :)

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2012, 12:14:39 PM »

Guys I just added two more rules to the first post thanks to a great question from carterkid concerning length of stories.

The stories you submit should have at least 10 chapters with a minimum of 1,000 words per chapter otherwise it won't be much of a challenge for the person who is reading your work.

Also, please check your stories before you submit them. Your reader shouldn't have to act as your proofreader. lol

Glad to see so many of you on board already! :)

All mine fit that, I do have a prologue on one story that is less than 1000 words ... lol but it's a prologue not a chapter ;P   
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

carterkid

• Major Disruption
  • It's a backstreet world....we just live in it
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2012, 08:21:19 PM »

Uncle daddy is the only story I have that is going to be more then 10 chapters. Maybe I can't sumit?? I'll still be a reader. :P

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2012, 09:03:58 PM »

If its more than 10 chapters you can submit it. You don't have to submit three, that's just so people have more variety. If the person who gets you doesn't mind short stories they can read one of the others you have picked.

carterkid

• Major Disruption
  • It's a backstreet world....we just live in it
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2012, 09:09:25 PM »

Oh Okay  ;)

simple sue

• Fledgling
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2012, 07:30:45 AM »

Name: Terri (Simple Sue)

Did you participate in the challenge last year? No

If yes, what did you read? (story and author)

Which story of yours was read and who read it? 

What are your favorite genres to read? I'm pretty much open to anything as long as it holds my interest.

Is there anything that you would feel uncomfortable reading?  Slash kind of but  the whole point is to step out of your comfort zone right?  :)

Give us three of your stories you would be willing to submit to this challenge, complete with links

Strange Magic: http://www.absolutechaos.net./viewstory.php?sid=10763&warning=4

Snowed In: http://www.absolutechaos.net./viewstory.php?sid=10719

A Long Winter's Night:  http://www.absolutechaos.net./viewstory.php?sid=9570&warning=5

All of the questions below are about what you like to read to give me an idea how to pair some of you up

Does chapter length matter to you? If yes, what is your preference? Long or short? I prefer short but I'm willing to go  either way for the sake of the challenge.

Would you be willing to read a story that is not complete? Sure!

Does story length matter to you? If so, what do you prefer? (1 - 25 chapters = short, 1 - 50 chapters = middle, 1- 100 chapters = long, over 100 = epically long)  Short to Middle

Who are some of the authors you read regularly?  Tiggerc128, Colorguard, Kevmylove

What are some stories you have read in the past year? Ella Rose,  Twitter, Bound By Honor, Everyday I Love You, Passion

Do you regularly respond to feedback or give feedback? Generally yes  but  I've been known to slack.

Do you have an author in mind who you would like to try out your stuff? Just somebody that never has.

Comments or questions?  I'm exicted to get started. Let's do it!

tiggerc128

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2012, 09:52:50 AM »

This sounds like a BLAST!  I wish I had been in on it last year so I'd definitely like to try this year. :) 

Name: Dottie (tiggerc128)

Did you participate in the challenge last year?  No, I was an AC novice then.

What are your favorite genres to read?  Romance, Drama, AU, Comedy, Angst. I'm equal opportunity when it comes to reading, I tend to try anything.

Is there anything that you would feel uncomfortable reading?  nothing springs to mind. 

Give us three of your stories you would be willing to submit to this challenge, complete with links

Beneath the Surface  http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10806&warning=5
The Price of Fame  http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10857
Ella Rose  http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10633

Does chapter length matter to you? If yes, what is your preference? Long or short?  Doesn't matter to me

Would you be willing to read a story that is not complete?   Sure thing, I get hooked, I'll keep going as it's updated. :) 

Does story length matter to you? If so, what do you prefer? (1 - 25 chapters = short, 1 - 50 chapters = middle, 1- 100 chapters = long, over 100 = epically long)   Doesn't matter to me. 

Who are some of the authors you read regularly?  Simple Sue, Colorguard Queen, Sapphire, Be The Stage, kevmylove

What are some stories you have read in the past year?

Me Wthout You
Home
Sexify My Love
Pure Obsession
Everyday I Love You
Livin' a Love Song
Just One Kiss

Do you regularly respond to feedback or give feedback?

I respond to everything I receive. I try to review as much as I can, and now that I figured out how to do that from my phone, I can review even more. 

Do you have an author in mind who you would like to try out your stuff?   no, not really. 

Comments or questions?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2012, 04:55:22 PM »

Yay! We have 12 people so far! Awesome job guys! Also nice to see some new faces.

Keep them coming! :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2012, 07:09:32 AM »

Just giving this a bump up. Remember, you have until the 20th to sign up :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2012, 10:50:59 AM »

Name: Mare

Did you participate in the challenge last year?

Yup

I read October Road by Sapphire

It Stays With You and both Erika and Crystal read it.

What are your favorite genres to read?

Suspense, action and drama

Is there anything that you would feel uncomfortable reading?

I don't think I could take slash seriously if it's BSB but the only thing I don't feel comfortable reading are lots of sex scenes.

Whatever the Night May Bring (suspense/sci fi)
http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10473

To Protect and Serve (AU/Suspense)
http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=3908&warning=4

The Importance of Fly Fishing (drama/Humor)
http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=3655

Does chapter length matter to you? If yes, what is your preference? Long or short?

I'm not a fan of super long chapters, I tend to skim them admittedly. lol

Would you be willing to read a story that is not complete?

Yes

Does story length matter to you? If so, what do you prefer? (1 - 25 chapters = short, 1 - 50 chapters = middle, 1- 100 chapters = long, over 100 = epically long)

I'm not a huge fan of really long fanfics but if it's a great read, I won't mind so much.

Who are some of the authors you read regularly?

I don't really read fanfic much anymore and definitely not regularly.

What are some stories you have read in the past year?

The Other Side of Nick Carter, Remember Me This Way, History Repeating and that's all I can think of at the moment.

Do you regularly respond to feedback or give feedback?

Always

Do you have an author in mind who you would like to try out your stuff?

Nope

Comments or questions?

I am participating because someone pulled out and I really want to keep the count even because of how I plan on doing it this year. If someone else does come in and we are an odd number, I might take myself off the list. :)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 11:19:04 AM by mare »

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2012, 11:12:28 AM »

One other thing I will need from those people participating in the challenge. Can you fill out this mini form for me? This year I am just pairing people up so no one gets screwed over like last year. If they stop reading you, you just stop reading them if you choose to. Anyway I need to make sure that I pair up people with stories you have not read. So, I ask you take a minute and go down the lists of everyone's choices and then let me know which stories you have read. If it turns out we have all read one of those then the author can maybe swap it out for something else.

Copy & paste the authors below and just mention if you have read what they have offered as a choice.

1) PurpuraLipstic k
2) Carter-Orange
3) DelphinaCarter
4) Julilly
5) Mare
6) Rose
7) carterkid
8) Ritz
9) Julie
10) kevmylove
11) simple sue
12) tigger128

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9