Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Some fanfic writing questions to ponder  (Read 4454 times)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: Some fanfic writing questions to ponder
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 02:09:46 PM »

Aw I loved reading about hot mess Nick falling out of a window, LOL

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2012, 03:05:03 PM »

I love Nick in that story lol. He's a lovable hot mess.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2012, 03:24:27 PM »

Thanks guys, I try lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2012, 04:09:40 PM »

When  Kevin left the group, did you stop writing about him in your fanfics and if he does come back will you regularly include him again? 

I didn't stop writing him. He was just in the background as the married ex BSB who was there to advice/help.

If you weren't a fan back in the Kevin days, how do you feel about a return? Will you write him into your fics and how hard will it be to incorporate him into your stories?

I've always been a fan and always will be. I'd love to see him on stage with the guys again. I already include him, but he'd have a stronger role.

Do you find yourself writing the New Kids into your stories because they are collaborating together?

Hell no!

How much do you let what the boys are doing in real life, influence what you write?

Sometimes I'll include something from real life, but I usually do AU so I just go with the flow.

Do you tend to write them as one particular age or do you usually write them at the age they are while you're writing your story?

I usually write them as they are at the time I am writing my fic. 

If the boys were to suddenly break up, would you still write fanfics about them?

I am not that big a fan anymore, so I don't think it would stop me from writing them.

What are your favorite types of stories to read concerning the boys and their relationships to each other? 

I will give anything a try really. Except for slash...I can't read about Kevin and Nick getting it on. =o

Do you tend to write them close to how you perceive them to be in real life or does it not matter to you?

I try to as much as I can. Although I make Nick a jerk a lot.

Do you write about your favorite boy mostly or do you just go with who you think people want to read about? 

I write about whoever and whatever takes over my brain at that time.

Is there a boy you aren't a particular fan of and how hard or easy is it to write about that person objectively? Do you tend to always make them the bad guy? Would your answer surprise us? 

The only one I can say I have trouble writing is Brian. He just seems so holy and too righteous to write about. Usually he's the the little angel on someone's shoulder in my stories. AJ I usually make as the comedic bad mouth or the badass who carries a gun. I don't think I surprised you guys.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2012, 07:52:10 PM »

I'm sure nobody is surprised by my answer about how I make Kevin mean. Although in Still The One he was a nice wedding planner. Go figure.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2012, 08:19:53 PM »

Kevin just has that 'look' It's easy to make him mean I think lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 08:37:39 PM »

You're totally right Mare. He just looks grumpy lol. He can't help it. That's why I enjoy making him a bastard lol

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 04:34:06 AM »

When  Kevin left the group, did you stop writing about him in your fanfics and if he does come back will you regularly include him again?

Kevin was no longer part of the group when I started writing fanfics so he was not part of the first fanfic that I've finished. But he was a guest at AJ's wedding at the end. :) For the other side of NC, it was during the Never Gone tour so he has to be there but I kept forgetting he has to be there. LOL But I love Kevin. He will always be a Backstreet Boy to me.

If you weren't a fan back in the Kevin days, how do you feel about a return? Will you write him into your fics and how hard will it be to incorporate him into your stories?

Not everyone was sad when he left so not everyone would be happy with his return. I'm one of those people who would be happy if he comes back and wouldn't be sad if he doesnt. But because I want Mare to write fan fics again, and I want Lore and Erica to be happy, I am hoping for Kevin's return. I will definitely include him in my stories.

Do you find yourself writing the New Kids into your stories because they are collaborating together?

I don't like them and I don't know them so it would be hard to write about them.

How much do you let what the boys are doing in real life, influence what you write?

I want it to be as realistic as possible but I know that wont happen. :)

Do you tend to write them as one particular age or do you usually write them at the age they are while you're writing your story?

Depends on when the story take place

If the boys were to suddenly break up, would you still write fanfics about them?

I dont want to think about this.... *sniff*

What are your favorite types of stories to read concerning the boys and their relationships to each other?

I love reading about their closeness and how they are always there for each other. Mare's stories are great example of their brotherly love. :)

Do you tend to write them close to how you perceive them to be in real life or does it not matter to you?

Depends on the story.... but I want to be as close to reality as possible.

Do you write about your favorite boy mostly or do you just go with who you think people want to read about?

My favorite Backstreet Boy is AJ but Nick is the easiest to write. Because he could be anything you wanted him to be. He could be grumpy, romantic, dumb, funny... you name it. LOL

Is there a boy you aren't a particular fan of and how hard or easy is it to write about that person objectively? Do you tend to always make them the bad guy? Would your answer surprise us?

As I've said Nick is the easiest to write.... Brian will always be the loving husband, it is hard to write him otherwise. AJ is sometimes hard to write because as Mare said he is odd. It is like if he would be cast in a movie he could only pass for limited roles. Howie... Poor Howie... for some reason he is just hard to write.

A world without Alex is a wasted space.

simple sue

• Fledgling
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 05:18:19 AM »

When  Kevin left the group, did you stop writing about him in your fanfics and if he does come back will you regularly include him again?

Yes and I'm not sure. I have some stories that he is actually the main focus though.

I've never been a big Kevin fan I'll admit but I've never been one to back down from the challenge of writing him either. If it felt right to me, I did it.  As for the second half of the question, I still do write about him so I don't see it as being a problem.

I find myself writing about the New Kids because I like them not because of the collaboration. That's just a bonus for me    :)

Depends really what's going on in my life how much attention I pay to the reality of theirs.

Depends on the type of story I'm working on.  I try to keep them where they are age wise unless it requires a flashback.

Not sure but I'll cross that bridge if it ever comes to it.

The ones that test them; put them at odds.

I like to take personality traits and push the limits.

I write about them all but Brian moreso than the rest.  

I don't dislike Nick but I have a tendency to make him less than likeable a lot of times.  Please note that I do  love all of them for different reasons but Brian is my favorite.

I don't think it surprises anybody that knows me.  As for everybody else.........
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 05:21:12 AM by simple sue »

tiggerc128

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 10:10:45 AM »

When  Kevin left the group, did you stop writing about him in your fanfics and if he does come back will you regularly include him again?

I did and I didn't.  It depended on the type of story I was writing and whether or not he fit in with it. I put him in when I can because I miss him singing with the group. 

I'd love him to return. I honestly love what he brings to the harmonies and I always put him in the fic if he fits.

It started out that way, yes. But I've always been a fan. I know some aren't, so I'm not here to try to sway the non-fans. You like who you like and it's cool. But the collab gives us 5 new men to write about...and we can make them whatever we want.  I think it's awesome!

I guess in a way I do.  I write about the NKOTBSB tour and such.  But I don't make what they are really doing the main part of the story.  It's kind of like the backdrop for what my story is REALLY all about. 

Again, this depends on the type of story it is.  I like them at the ages they are now. 

In a heartbeat.  I love being creative.

I like romance, suspense, some AU, some science fiction.  I don't really look for genres.  What gets my attention is titles. What hooks me are the stories themselves.

Doesn't really matter.  Most stories pitch Nick as being not to smart because he stumbled in earlier interviews.  I get the feeling Mr. Carter would surprise us all.

I write about whoever my story line fits.  It seems like Nick is the most popular to read on the site.  I wonder often why that is.  There are great stories about all the guys out there, but Nick seems to be the main one.

Umm, have to be Howie I guess.  And before Howie's fans run me over, I LOVE him....just can't see him as my leading love interest.  It was kind of fun writing him as the bad guy in Beneath the Surface, which was my first real foray into him as a lead.  I'd like to try him as a GOOD leading man.  Just have to find the right storyline for him. I don't know, you tell me, does my answer surprise you?

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2012, 11:07:06 AM »

When Kevin left the group, did you stop writing about him in your fanfics and if he does come back will you regularly include him again?

*looks around* Really? You want me to answer this? LOL.  I do have fanfics that Kevin is not in, I do, really, I think. LOL.   If he’s needed or the story fits him I write him into the story.  If the focus is on another boy and he doesn’t work into it then I leave him out, but I likely leave others out too.  No need to clutter a story with too many un-necessary characters.   

I’d love him to return but I won’t be heartbroken if he doesn’t, I’ve adjusted to him being gone.   

I think I’ve made my opinion about NK as clear as Mare ;) …ooh unless I need random characters to kill off like Steph in Save a Prayer, I could see me doing that.  :)

Uh, I don’t know how much of this I do.  I wrote Fighting Fate around the time would have been working on his solo album so that was not what he was doing at the time.   I don’t write about their careers too often as I don’t like writing about that part of their lives, we know so much of it already I don’t want to write about it.

I think I tend to keep them in their mid 20’s to mid 30’s no matter the story. 

Possibly, I might use them still but I am not sure I’d find an outlet to post them and have them read and that’s part of the fun with fanfic, letting others read them.

I am not sure how to answer this one.

I try to pull in personality traits of each but I am sure that it might not seem that way to other people.   But it is possible I start with that and then get to a point where the story takes over and it doesn’t matter to me anymore as long as the story flows…

I write who I think will fit the storyline better.  There is a particular reason I went with Brian for Severed Identities that I can’t really talk about at this moment because it’s still in progress.  Brian also fit Empty better, in my mind, then the others.  Howie could have fit Empty too, but I went with Brian.   Kevin fit the male counterpart role for the Chronos stories better, and Nick fit the other role better. 

Contrary to what you all probably think, I do NOT write about Kevin the most. :)

I have never had a Howie centered story; I have a difficult time writing him. Another reason I went with Brian for Empty.  I only have Howie as a baddie in three stories though. AJ is the one I’m actually struggling with more recently.  I do have an AJ fic planned, has been planned for awhile but I can’t wrap my brain around it to start.   
I am sure my answer surprised no one.

And...aww Ritz at your answer about Kevin coming back! LOL, it would make me extremely happy but I will be fine if he doesn't ;)

- Purpura -
   -Lore-
Pages: 1 [2]