Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: 50 Shades of Grey - kinda curious on everyone's thoughts  (Read 40583 times)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: 50 Shades of Grey - kinda curious on everyone's thoughts
« Reply #180 on: July 05, 2012, 03:01:32 PM »

I've probably posted this somewhere on the forum before, but if you haven't seen it before... dead-on impression of K-Stew LOL.

Speak Like Kristen Stewart: http://youtu.be/zKKAVYI7vdU

That was great, so her, lol

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #181 on: July 06, 2012, 02:36:29 PM »

That's exactly how I was. I never get into books that are "popular" like Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Twilight, I don't know why, so I felt like the same thing was going to happen to his.

I really did hate the ending of the third book. I felt like it was WAY too rushed and it honestly reminded me of a fan fic that someone just got tired of writing and decided to rush the ending.

The third book jumped the shark big time, I agree. I remember sitting there thinking "Wow this got really dull." it just became the same thing over and over. I never got the fanfic vibe as much as I did from the third book.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

myconfession

« Reply #182 on: July 06, 2012, 11:33:03 PM »

The third book jumped the shark big time, I agree. I remember sitting there thinking "Wow this got really dull." it just became the same thing over and over. I never got the fanfic vibe as much as I did from the third book.

See, me either! I hated how she found out she was pregnant and then BAM, they're in a field with a kid and she's pregnant again. Plus, he changed WAY too quickly. That was so fan fiction LOL

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #183 on: July 07, 2012, 06:44:29 AM »

So I finally got to the sex part of this book. LOL!!
Uh...I'm annoyed by Ana and how quickly she gives into this guy without questioning anything out loud. She just goes with whatever he says and I find that so dumb. I think when he showed her that room she should have ran out, especially being the sweet virgin girl that it makes her out to be. I would have...F#$# that! Also just the fact that he wants her to sign something and she doesn't even read it.
Even with all that said I'm still reading on...lol.

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..
« Reply #184 on: July 09, 2012, 05:36:42 PM »

I haven't read it, and now I certainly won't, lol. You've convinced me ladies!

Now what about the "Fallen"-books, are they worth the read? (Not the right thread, I know, but still..)
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #185 on: July 10, 2012, 04:13:24 AM »

Ok, this book becomes so popular that the biggest publication house in my country are going to translate it into our language. I'm just a bit worried, though, cause some people say that this story has explicit words, and lots of sex scenes. I am not sure how they are going to translate that. Because English words are fine but when you literally translate it into our language, it sounds really off.
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #186 on: July 11, 2012, 10:01:41 AM »

I made some comment about how people who actually liked Magic Mike without a smidge of irony involved are likely the same people who like 50 Shades and my mother was like "I liked 50 Shades of Grey! Can you help me get it off my Playbook to give to my friend?" Absolutely not. I will have no part in this.

Also, I will never look at her the same just because I'm weirded out knowing my MUM liked that book.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #187 on: July 11, 2012, 10:33:53 AM »

That's another thing I don't get. I mean I do get it because the guys are hot but Channing Tatum's horrible acting far outwieghs me wanting to pay money to see that movie. LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #188 on: July 11, 2012, 10:45:12 AM »

That's another thing I don't get. I mean I do get it because the guys are hot but Channing Tatum's horrible acting far outwieghs me wanting to pay money to see that movie. LOL

I loved it but only because I thought it was hilarious and of course because of all the hotties lol But I wasn't like "Oh wow the plot was so deep and meaningful" because there WASN'T ONE! haha But I went into it expecting as much.
~Maple Jellybean~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #189 on: July 11, 2012, 10:50:55 AM »

I won't pay to see total crap lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

myconfession

« Reply #190 on: July 11, 2012, 11:08:29 AM »

I guess I'm one of the few, but I have no desire to see Magic Mike LOL I'd rather go see Ted.

The women at work in advertising were acting like horny old cougars over the movie the day before it came out. I was ready to go buy them all vibrators.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #191 on: July 11, 2012, 11:14:21 AM »

I made some comment about how people who actually liked Magic Mike without a smidge of irony involved are likely the same people who like 50 Shades and my mother was like "I liked 50 Shades of Grey! Can you help me get it off my Playbook to give to my friend?" Absolutely not. I will have no part in this.

Also, I will never look at her the same just because I'm weirded out knowing my MUM liked that book.

I think you're right with that!

My mom texted me last week and said "Can we go see Magic Mike at the movies lol?"  I couldn't tell if she was kidding or not, but apparently she was - thank god LOL.  I have no interest in seeing it.  She bought 50 Shades for her tablet specifically because I told her not to, but she said she couldn't get into it.  I told her how we all rip it apart on here.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #192 on: July 11, 2012, 11:52:07 AM »

I want to see Magic Mike only for the eye candy, is there supposed to be a plot??? LOL  However, I don't think I will actually make it.  I go in the AM before noon the tickets are 5 bucks here so that is when we typically go to movies anyway. 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

myconfession

« Reply #193 on: July 11, 2012, 11:54:44 AM »

I want to see Magic Mike only for the eye candy, is there supposed to be a plot??? LOL  However, I don't think I will actually make it.  I go in the AM before noon the tickets are 5 bucks here so that is when we typically go to movies anyway. 

My Mom only wants to see it for Alicide from True Blood. I was like he's not even a main character...

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #194 on: July 11, 2012, 12:44:02 PM »

I saw Magic Mike just because everyone was talking about it and the trailer looked like it had a plot. I thought the guys were hot and stuff, but I agree there wasn't much of a plot. What's sad is it really wouldn't have taken much to GET a plot going in there if they'd cut some of the first two hours of the movie and developed more from when the non-Channing guy ODs on to Mike questioning himself as a stripper and discovering love with the chick that looked like Julia Stiles but wasn't.... lol I could almost see it being one of the fan fics we'd write where it's like Brian questioning if he wants to be in BSB anymore lmfao... Is that crazy? I think it is.

But that was the other thing about Magic Mike. LMAO A lot of it reminded me of the sets at a BSB concert and the girls in the crowd reminded me of the fans at the shows when Nick like grabs his crotch or whatever. I was like holy crap they're one g-string from being these guys. LMFAO.... I had all I could do not to laugh out loud in the theater after I thought of that.

Particularly when I started putting AJ in the big hairy guys' place in my mind.
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14