Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26

Author Topic: Fanfic/writing/fandom etc... Question(s) of the day  (Read 58473 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Fanfic/writing/fandom etc... Question(s) of the day
« Reply #345 on: June 21, 2012, 08:41:36 PM »

Okay so I have an answer finally. I loved the stuff they did on MTV TRL when Millennium came out and they were asked questions by fans, followed by the game show. It was funny when they couldn't guess what howie's favorite book or Nick's favorite video game were.

That's the one we're talking about too. :)
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #346 on: June 21, 2012, 09:01:55 PM »

Oops I didn't even realize lol. I also loved when Brian went to put the sticker on the girl and almost put it on her boob LMAO!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #347 on: June 21, 2012, 09:07:17 PM »

My favorite interviews besides the Millenium one we were all mentioning are the ones they did with Sonja Berenzy. I think she is an awesome interviewer. I'm on my iPod so I'll try to find the link when I'm on my crappy computer this weekend. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #348 on: June 21, 2012, 09:10:59 PM »

Okay this is part of one. It will lead you to a bunch of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUQ58x3a8yk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my iPod
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #349 on: June 21, 2012, 09:29:45 PM »

Hers are always good too!
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #350 on: June 22, 2012, 02:15:01 AM »

OMG I love that Frank Skinner interview LMAO. That was freaking classic. Hmm...oh, I know, there was this thing in Japan they did in 2009 I think it was lol. OMG it was hilarious. Random questions like...

Fave thing about being in Japan? And they talk about the damn toilets. Hearing Brian say "asswasher" was freaking classic lmao.

This was the only clip I found online. I have them on my computer though.

http://www.twitvid.com/BMFOU

Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #351 on: June 22, 2012, 08:28:47 AM »

Today's question:

Since we had a question dealing with pairings a few days ago, name your favorite story with a pairing and tell us why. I'm only going to list a few but obviously if I didn't mention Thr specific pairing you can add it to the list. I'm just mentioning the more popular pairings.

Your favorite:

Nick and Brian story
Nick and Kevin story
AJ and Howie story
AJ and Brian story
Etc...

Feel free to mention your own if you think it fits the category.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #352 on: June 22, 2012, 08:38:52 AM »

I never did answer about my fave pairings lol.

Mine's a tie.

It's either Nick and Brian, or Nick and Kevin. I always adored the Frick/Frack bond, and since it did get distant and then close again, it's fun to play with in writing. I almost always tap into it in any fanfic I write at some point or another. Nick and Kevin, I really love their bond in real life. Kevin's always been that father figure/big brother to Nick over the years and I'm just in love with that coming of age type relationship.

Examples?

Something Beautiful by Hannah - GREAT example of the Nick/Brian relationship as it's put through the ringer.

The Importance of Fly Fishing by Mare - Epic showing of the Kevin/Nick bond and how even at the darker Nick years lol, Kevin was doing his best to look out for him.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #353 on: June 22, 2012, 10:46:41 AM »

Brian/AJ - "Nowhere to Run" http://www.dreamers-sanctuary.com/dwlyn/nowhere.html
Brian and AJ struggling to keep each other alive when they find themselves held hostage in a convenience store hold-up gone wrong?  Yes please!

Brian/Nick - I agree with Rose's pick "Something Beautiful," but I also have to say "Scared of Reality" http://www.dreamers-sanctuary.com/hosted/scared.html  Another story about two Backstreet Boys who find themselves in a dangerous situation and try to keep each other alive - I guess nothing brings out the bromance like a good suspense story!

Nick/Kevin - "The Importance of Fly Fishing" http://accidentalchaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=3655
Again, gotta agree with Rose's pick - there's no other story I've read that captures their relationship so well, the way they drive each other nuts, but they way they look out for each other too.

I can't think of any others offhand that really fit a pairing.  I realized, going through my favorites, that most of them are either group stories or stories mainly just about one of them.  I'm surprised I don't have a good Nick/AJ fav, for example!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #354 on: June 22, 2012, 11:12:38 AM »

Thank you both for the Fly Fishing mentions :)

It's been hard for me trying to think of stories I have enjoyed that are pairings related because for the most part, I guess I really am just a fan of group stories but the ones that come to mind as great combo reads are:

Nick & Brian: Can You Keep a Secret - This one is just a cute feel good old school Frick & Frack story.

Nick & AJ: Leaving on a Jetplane - loved the way Izzy writes the relationship between the two youngest Backstreet Boys

Nick & Kevin: Pity on a Dime? I think that is what it was called, but pretty much anything by Cecelia. She did an excellent job writing their dynamic.

All old school stories lol
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 11:16:26 AM by mare »

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #355 on: June 22, 2012, 11:15:19 AM »

Another question which is more of a chance to promote your own writing. If you have a pairing story for any of the guys list them and tell us what they are about.

Kevin & ...
Howie & ...
Brian & ...
AJ & ...
Nick & ...

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #356 on: June 22, 2012, 11:31:09 AM »

Shockingly, I have no pairing stories!  One of my in-progress stories, Secrets of the Heart, is a Brian/AJ story, but it's not really about their relationship because it's an AU and their lives are totally separate... for now.  It's not like the ones we've all been posting.  And I did have a collab back in the day, Now or Never, that was a Nick/Brian one, but it's discontinued.  None of my other stories, even going back to the old crap, focus on just two of the Boys.  It's either one or all of them.  Crazy!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #357 on: June 22, 2012, 12:21:47 PM »

Here's a music question for you all!  I was just talking with Steph on Twitter about the Backstreet's Back album compared to the US Backstreet Boys album and how much better Backstreet's Back is.  If I'd been the one in charge of choosing which tracks from the red album and Backstreet's Back to include on the US album, I would have chosen much differently!

So here's the question.  If you got to choose which tracks went on the US debut album, which ones would you choose?  You get 12 tracks, and they must all be songs that were on the original Backstreet Boys (the red album) or Backstreet's Back.

~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #358 on: June 22, 2012, 01:02:40 PM »

This would be my tracklisting:

1. We've Got It Goin' On
2. Everybody (Backstreet's Back) [Extended version with Nick's verse included]
3. Quit Playing Games (With My Heart) [Original version]
4. As Long As You Love Me [US/video version]
5. That's The Way (I Like It)
6. 10,000 Promises
7. Like a Child
8. I Wanna Be With You
9. Boys Will Be Boys
10. Get Down (You're the One for Me)
11. All I Have to Give
12. If You Want It to Be Good Girl (Get Yourself a Bad Boy)

Hidden bonus track:  All I Have to Give [Pt. 2 The Conversation Mix]  :D
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 01:04:30 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #359 on: June 22, 2012, 01:29:48 PM »

I don't own the red album because I didn't want to lol my song listing would be about five songs long

1. All I Have to Give
2. 10,000 Promises
3. Like a Child
4. As Long as You Love Me
5. Quit Playing Games with My Heart
6. Everybody (I had no clue there was more than one version but I like the one in the video? lol)

And that's about it.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26