Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Let the Summer Reading Commence! :O)  (Read 36158 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Let the Summer Reading Commence! :O)
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2012, 10:02:22 AM »

I am now up to chapter 20 of Curtain Call and now we're almost at the time where the tour is going to start. I am enjoying the switching of points of view in this one. Cary is a very likeable female character and you all know how I feel about females. LOL I'm really enjoying it so far :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2012, 10:11:26 AM »

Now that we're halfway through June I thought i'd just check in to see how everyone is doing. Honestly, I thought i'd have to start nagging everyone but after doing a check of seeing how the reading is going, I was delighted to see almost everyone has started reading their stories! YAY you!!

I'm going to give a slight nudge to Rose and Ritz and a gentle shove to Sue lol Everyone else seems to be doing a great job and is at least three or four chapters into their stories.

Also, authors please remember to respond to your feedback. I really should have put that as one of the rules of this challenge just because I think it's SO wrong to not do it lol It only takes a second to respond and depening on what is said, to defend or thank someone for their input.

Also, don't forget to drop in here on occasion to let us know how the reading is going.

Thanks! And i'll be back next Wednesday with more nudging lol :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2012, 11:09:29 AM »

I am now up to chapter 20 of Curtain Call and now we're almost at the time where the tour is going to start. I am enjoying the switching of points of view in this one. Cary is a very likeable female character and you all know how I feel about females. LOL I'm really enjoying it so far :)

That is the absolute highest praise I could hope to receive from you with a story like this, so thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!  :)
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2012, 12:32:08 PM »

I've stalled a little on my reading but I intentionally left the Safari browser open on my phone so every time I open it that is the first thing that pops up. I'll get there!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2012, 02:13:31 PM »

I've just read chapter 7 of The Price of Fame.  It's the kind of story which I can't read in work, due to all the sexual scenes.  It would be just my luck to get caught by the boss reading about Donnie with his pants down, lol!  So if you are going to read this story, don't read it in work :)

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2012, 06:27:14 PM »

My kids are on vacation now so I'll be able to read more now.

Thank you Tracy for the reviews I'm so glad you're enjoying JOK so far. I thought if I made it more comedic then it wouldn't seem so corny. lol.

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2012, 04:19:55 AM »

I haven't forgotten about this. Next week, I promise I'll read one chapter every lunch break. :)
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2012, 10:48:13 AM »

I haven't forgotten. Things have just been a busy. No worries! :)
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2012, 02:38:50 AM »

Okay, I'm a couple chapters in Chronos Project and I really like the plot idea. Now I have to admit, I'm really picky with female leads, especially if there's barely any sign of the Boys lol. Kevin has appeared for about half a scene, but not much else. I don't know why, but Julie just doesn't seem that engaging as a character. At the same time, it's very early into the fic so it could just be my own pickiness lol.

I like how she explains bits and pieces through dialogue instead of through blocks of text. Too many people try to tell and instead she shows through the conversation with comes off a lot better. It tells some but not everything which makes you want to keep reading.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2012, 02:44:02 AM »

Spoke too soon about Kevin lol. He came back again in the next chapter, oops!  :P

While Julie's not catching my attention, the way Lore writes Kevin is. I definitely like how he's portrayed.

On another note, I do wanna ask why there's author's notes saying what's coming in the chapter. As a reader I HATE that cause I don't wanna know till I read it LOL. It's just a pet peeve on my end cause it feels like a spoiler I can't control. So I don't get the point of it.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2012, 08:01:57 AM »

Up to chapter 19. Lots of things have happened. I really like how Erika has written Nick as an awkward person....alth ough I've seen it before, she's added the humor to tone down drama and put a different spin on it...making the romance part not so dominate which is nice. I am enjoying the inner struggle of Nick's feelings for Abby. However during Abby's meeting with Rochelle it made me wonder how Rochelle could jump to conclusions so soon. Great story so far, I have about 12 chapters left or so to go :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2012, 08:22:38 AM »

During the course of the summer I am going to make a few reader surveys for you to fill out. The first one is called the first impression survey which is for people to fill out only a little ways through. The next one is the halfway there survey which should be filled out when you are about at the halfway mark and the final one is to be completed when you finish the story.

I will post the first survey tomorrow. :)

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2012, 04:19:46 AM »

Surveys! Good idea, Mare. :)
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2012, 08:16:38 AM »

Here is the first impression survey!

*To be filled out once you have completed at least five chapters of the story you are reading.

Story you are reading:

How many chapters are in the story?

What chapter are you currently on?

Are the main characters easily defined and strong?

Have you figured out the overall plot of the story?

So far what has been your favorite scene?

Has the story been edited enough to read comfortably?

Do you have any questions for the author?

Is this something you are looking forward to reading the entire way through?

Is the author responding to your feedback regularly?

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2012, 11:42:16 AM »

Story you are reading: The Price of Fame

How many chapters are in the story? 20

What chapter are you currently on? Chapter 8

Are the main characters easily defined and strong? Yes

Have you figured out the overall plot of the story? Yes I think so, it's a romance between Donnie who is famous and Kayla who works in a restaurant.

So far what has been your favorite scene? When Donnie told her that he's the one she was warned about.

Has the story been edited enough to read comfortably? Yes, it's well presented.

Do you have any questions for the author? Can't think of any right now.

Is this something you are looking forward to reading the entire way through? Yes, will be nice to see whether they get their happy ending.

Is the author responding to your feedback regularly? Yes she is.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13