Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The June challenge: You take over because I quit!!  (Read 8326 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
The June challenge: You take over because I quit!!
« on: June 02, 2012, 06:46:04 AM »

We are going to see if this actually works.

In this thread, post no more than five paragraphs of a new story.

Do not title this story at all because it's not going to be yours!

Do not post it on AC because once again, this story is not yours!

You can make it about anything or anyone you want.

When you are done, the challenge will be for someone else to take it over.

Once you take it over you have to:

~ Create a 1- 5 chapter story on this new idea. If you want to make it longer, that's fine but remember more than one person can use the same idea!
~ You can change it in any way you want as long as you keep true to people who are in the first few paragraphs. Does that mean the story has to revolve around them? No. But we should be able to tell the idea came about from the original post.
~ No banners!

Have fun!! I hope some of you try this!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

carterkid

• Major Disruption
  • It's a backstreet world....we just live in it
Re: The June challenge: You take over because I quit!!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 01:43:57 PM »

"In five, four, three, two-", Howie counted down as the video camera started to recorded and AJ started to sing with the opening line of the next song. "Hold it bone,Somebody's not ready!" Brian said rolling his eyes at Nick.

Nick was laying on the small loveseat in the recording room.He looked up at Brian with a cheesy smile.

"Sorry guys I didn't sleep last night."

"Only cause you were party'ng again."

Nick shook his head."Cause I had a HUGE headache and it..."

"As much as we want to hear about your love life,we do have work to get done."

Nick gave aj a hurt look."If you really want to know..."

"Don't you two start!" Howie said pulling them apart.

I wanted to help break up the fight but I couldn't stop laughing.It was just funny. 

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 04:12:26 PM »

After being out of the dating game for the past twelve years, I really didn’t know where to start.  Times had changed and I wasn’t sure it was for the better!  These days just about all the singletons I knew had tried online dating.  How did that even work?  You didn’t know the person behind the keyboard, they could be using a photo of someone else, or a really old picture, or they could be stringing you along with a pack of lies about who they were…or worse.  Serial killer came to mind.

“Bri, give it a go!  You never know until you try” Nick advised as he typed in the address of Match.com and hit enter.  “It’s been two years since the divorce; you need to get over it.  Don’t I always say that the best way to get over someone is to get someone else under you?”  He laughed at his own saying, but it seemed to work for him.  Nick had never had a problem when it came to women.  That didn’t mean he’d been lucky in love though, on the contrary, he’d also had his fair share of heartache.  But at least his wife hadn’t run off with a younger and more current boy band member.

“But I’m not like you Nick” I shook my head at him.  I sometimes wished I was more like him.

“Well now’s your chance to change” Nick turned the laptop towards me.  “It’s worth a try at least.  Look, there are thousands of women to choose from, there’s got to be someone here who catches your eye!”

“I don’t even know where to begin” I complained.  It all looked a bit daunting to me.

“Well, let’s start with a fake name…just until you get talking to someone you’d like to meet” Nick grinned and grabbed the laptop back and began typing.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 06:20:01 PM »

Yay to the two of you! I hope someone takes you guys up and takes them over!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 07:06:52 PM »

I like Carter Orange's one...it reminded me of the Brian story I had written for Valentine's Day where he had used dating websites. I think I might give it a go.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 07:28:29 PM »

At some point during the judge’s harsh words I had stopped listening. It wasn’t a lack of respect for the woman sitting above me deciding my imminent fate; it was more that her voice was burning a hole in my heart. I had lived for months with the guilt of what had happened, and I knew there would be consequences but I had never imagined they would be so severe. I was being made an example of, I could tell.

I heard her gavel snap down sharply against the wooden desk and I turned to my lawyer whose face was solemn. I knew it couldn’t have been good. In a flash the judge had stood up and left the room as if she were just plain and simple done with me.

“I’m sorry Nick,” my lawyer, Ted, told me, giving me a pat on the shoulder, “Do you need me to explain things to you?”

I had hired Ted because he was a great lawyer, and he had accepted me as a client because he thought he would have the opportunity to argue the case of his career. I hadn’t let him though. Instead I used him as a translator because I had never really been one to speak legalese. So he would definitely have to explain some things to me... like what that woman had just said.

Things didn’t seem positive as I turned and looked into the audience of the courtroom where my friends and family sat in my support. From across the way I could see familiar faces. They were hugging happily, as if they’d accomplished something but they weren’t there for me. The people who were; my mother and father, sisters and brother, and the four men who had brought me through my adolescence, had quite the opposite written on their faces. I saw tears, I saw heartbreak and most of all I saw pity. Pity for me.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 10:19:22 AM »

Not to hijack the last one's idea of a court room, but this lovely little tidbit was sitting in my "to be written" folder so I thought I'd toss it on here for someone to play with if they were interested... lol :p

-------------

"Your honor, the defense would like to call to the stand Mr. Brian Littrell."

Nick looked up from his concentration on the table in front of him. His eyes fluttered past the opposite table to where Brian was just entering the courtroom. His shoes echoed in the silence of the room as he made his way to the witness stand. Brian was sworn in and he took a seat and Nick leaned back in the hard wooden chair and folded his arms across his chest.

"Please state your name for the record."

Brian leaned forward, his mouth practically on the microphone in front of him. "Brian Thomas Littrell, your honor," he said.

"Proceed," the judge's voice rang out.

Watson Hughes, the defense attourney, tugged at his tie and moved closer. "Mr. Littrell, you've worked with my client, Mr. Carter for quite some time, I understand?"

"Almost twenty years," Brian answered, nodding.

"How well would you say that you know Mr. Carter?"
"Extremely well."
"Please describe Mr. Carter's personality for the jury."

It was the question that Watson Hughes had spent hours trying to talk Nick out of - the question that Nick had insisted was the best question they could ask Brian on the stand. He'd said that they could trust Brian against anything in the world to give the right answer. And when he'd said it, Nick had truly believed that. But in the past couple days... well, he couldn't be too sure anymore. He felt his breath resting in his throat, his heart slowing to a low hum.

Brian took a deep breath, shifted his weight. His eyes went to Nick, then to Penny, and back to Nick. He looked at his hands, seemed to collect himself, and looked back up. "Nick has been my best friend since 1993," he said slowly.

"And were you with Nick the night of --"

"Which is why it's so hard for me to do this," Brian added, interrupting Watson Hughes.

Nick felt his stomach crawl into his throat.

He was about to go to jail.
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 10:28:46 AM »

Just out of curiosity, is anyone working on any of these?

simple sue

• Fledgling
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 08:50:13 PM »

Here's my contribution.  I'm thinking about one working on one. Haven't decided which one though.

He stared out the full pane of glass overlooking the city.  A million tiny lights danced below him like the stars above in the sky. She loved the view.  He bought this view for her. She wasn’t here.
She lingered in every part of their home but she was nowhere to be found.   Nothing was gone. Her clothes remained in the closet,  her jewelry in the walnut box on the dresser and her reading glasses on  the bedside table on her side.    The only thing she took was the clothes on her back and her coat from the front closet. She was gone.

There were so many unanswered questions.  They found her car abandoned in a supermarket parking lot not too far from their home.  Was she kidnapped or did she set it up to look as though she had been?  Why would she want to leave if she did disappear of her own free will?  How do you tell a five year old Mommy may never  be coming home again?

He missed her.  The sound of her laughter as he tried to remember the punchline to a joke one of the guys had told him.   The way she’d call out his name when they made love.  He turned; thinking he’d heard her voice.  Those sounds were just whispers in the air. Something he wanted to hear.  The only thing he was hearing right now though was the tiny voice of his five year old calling out for him from the doorway of his room.

“Can I sleep with you tonight Daddy?” Came his little voice. 

He couldn’t deny his child comfort.  He needed to feel secure and if that meant him sleeping in the same room then that’s what he would do. “Sure buddy.” He lifted the boy up off the floor and carried him over to the king sized bed.

“Daddy?  When’ s Mommy coming home?”

Good question. One he wished he could answer.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 05:00:31 AM »

I am probably the only one but I am working on the one Steph (Carter-Orange) posted. I've just been busy. Hoping to finish mine this week.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 06:38:09 AM »

Excellent! As long as someone is. :)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 06:39:35 AM »

Yeah 60 hour work week doesn't leave time to write lol. I gotta do it on my breaks.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 11:27:40 AM »

I'm going to write one, just haven't decided which one yet.

carterkid

• Major Disruption
  • It's a backstreet world....we just live in it
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 04:31:08 PM »

Ditto on what carter-orange said

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 05:10:56 PM »

Not to hijack the last one's idea of a court room, but this lovely little tidbit was sitting in my "to be written" folder so I thought I'd toss it on here for someone to play with if they were interested... lol :p

-------------

Let's swap court stories! lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.
Pages: [1] 2