Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: ^__^ Hi!  (Read 8167 times)

usako

^__^ Hi!
« on: June 14, 2012, 11:10:11 AM »

Hi everyone!

I'm Cinzia, 27 years and I'm from Italy. I've started reading BSB fiction only in 2009, after re discovering my passions for them seeing them at the "This Is Us" tour here in Milan. I've always written since I can remember but during the university I didn't have too much time for that. BSB brought me back to my passion. :D Unfortunetely, here in Italy there aren't a lot of fictions and most of them are the same plot only with a different girl! lol Plus, I'm a Brian fan while most of stories had Nick as main character (I don't hate him but I'm a huge a FrickNFrack lover!) so I started searching outside the Italian fandom and I've landed here. I think I've read all the stories and the Absolute Chaos page is saved on my IPhone so I can check him during lunch break.

I write mostly Frick and Frack slash, not grapich. I don't dislike the het romance, I just find more interesting exploring the bond between Brian and Nick ( well, lol, I truly believe that something is going on between them! Lol) first it was only in my own language but now I'm starting translating and writing in English. I'm kinda little shy with posting my story but I wanna get better with my English that is why I'm stepping out my lurking side. lol

That's all for now!

:D Cinzia

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
Re: ^__^ Hi!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 11:32:19 AM »

Welcome Cinzia, I'm Steph :) I like your username!
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 11:43:11 AM »

Hello There! I love the name Usako as well. Welcome to the board!

usako

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 11:50:21 AM »

Welcome Cinzia, I'm Steph :) I like your username!

Hello There! I love the name Usako as well. Welcome to the board!

Thanks! ^__^

Before the BSB Fandom, I was (and I'm still!) a huge Sailor Moon. I've studied Japanese (only two years and long time ago so I don't remember most of it lol) but Sailor Moon was one of the reason I've starte loving the Japanese culture. "Usako" is the nickname Darien/Mamoru (I think this is the name in the Us version, right?) uses for Usagi/Serena. In fact, on absolute chaos my username is "Mamogirl" lol

But thank you, really. I read all of your stories so I'm happy to be welcomed!  :)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 11:51:54 AM »

Aha I knew that it was a Sailor Moon reference! I am a huge fan of the show myself!!!

usako

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 11:55:29 AM »

^__^

I'm more fan of the manga instead than the show. And I even managed to insert it in my graduation thesis. lol Truth is that my very first fanfiction was in the Sailor Moon fandom. :D

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 12:02:48 PM »

I'm reading the manga as it is being released here in the US. I have up to book 5 and I love it. I also watch the live action SM series, Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon on youtube when I can.

usako

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 12:48:01 PM »

Oh the manga is amazing. Especially the last, "Sailor Moon Stars" it's so different from the anime.  :)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 12:56:19 PM »

Sailor Stars wasn't released here (the anime) so I haven't seen it yet. I hear it was really good so hopefully I get to one day. I adore SM. I grew up watching it and my favorite Senshi is Jupiter.

usako

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 01:15:50 PM »

Oh yes, now I remember that in the USA didn't get release. I think it was due to the fact that Naoko Takeuchi blocked all the worldwide copyrights, which were released two years ago if I remember correctly.

Here in Italy the anime was heavily censured and the manga wasn't that easy to find (especially since I live in a very very small town and there aren't comic stores nearby.)

But yes, I've grown up with Sailor Moon too. Well, my favorite has always been Sailor Moon, with tons of love for Tuxedo Kamen (my first crush ever lol). But I do love Uranus.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 01:31:19 PM »

Sailor Moon here was more of a kids show. After hearing about some of the things in Sailor Stars, I don't think they could have aired it here lol. I also agree Tuxedo Kamen (Tuxedo Mask) was one of my first crushes lol

usako

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2012, 01:35:14 PM »

Here in Italy is still considered as a simple "kid show". Just like any other Japanese anime. Which is something that annoys me to the end because it's not how they were born in Japan.  :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2012, 01:42:35 PM »

Ciao Cinzia and welcome to the forum! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2012, 01:44:20 PM »

Believe me you're not alone in that thought because I feel the same. It isn't meant to be a kids show really. So what kind of Fanfic do you like to read on the site? Any favorite stories?

usako

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2012, 01:53:43 PM »

lol I'm a Brian's fan therefore any story with him as the main character is my favorite kind of fanfic. But I know that it's like waiting for a miracle because not many people write about him and I'm not particulary fond of the simple romantic stories. I'm more for the drama and angst. Not that I don't want to read about love story, it's just that most of the times they are written from the female character's pov and there isn't a lot of focus on Brian as character. I'm more the kind of reader that love to explore their mind and personaluty, why they act in a certain adn what reasons bring them to be in a certain way.
I love FrickNFrack stories, especially if they are slash. lol If I ever get the courage to post here my story, it would be a FrickNFrack AU set in New York.

I've read all the stories here. lol My very first one had been "It stays with you" by Mare. But I love your clone series and "Something Beautiful" by Pengi holds a special spot in my heart. But really, if I have to list all my favority stories, I have to name all lol
Pages: [1] 2