Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: How diverse are you as a writer?  (Read 13497 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
How diverse are you as a writer?
« on: June 23, 2012, 08:30:35 AM »

How diverse are you as a writer?

Here is a test for you guys, I'm going to put a whole crap load of categories below. Put the titles of one of your stories by any of the things you think it will fit in. You don't have to have a ton of stories under your belt to do this. One story of yours could fit in several categories, although it probably would make your life easier if you have written more than a few. LOL Go through your AC catalogue only and try to fit everything in that catalogue somewhere on this list.

The test for you is to see how diverse you really are when it comes to writing or if you tend to always write the same old thing.

Eh, I'm bored lol

Nick centered story:
AJ centered story:
Brian centered story:
Howie centered story:
Kevin centered story:
Group centered story:
Female centered story:
Random chick and a guy story:(Only if the other guys do not appear except for a mere mention)
Crossover:
Collaborations:
Series:
Pairing stories: (Only two of the guys are in it)
Other fandom entirely:
Original fiction:
Action/.adventure:
Sci-fi:
Fantasy:
Suspense:
Drama:
Dramedy:
Comedy:
Slash:
Visual:
Romance:
Song fic:
Historical fiction:
Alternate Universe:
Written in first person:
Written in third person:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 09:29:01 AM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: How diverse are you as a writer?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 09:59:26 AM »

Yay, this looks fun! I'll be back very soon :)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 11:28:00 AM »

Oh my god, I didn't even remember half the stuff I've written  :D A lot of them were responses to challenges and some of them are really cringeworthy, lol!

Nick centered story: A Christmas Carol, Love Is, Rewind, Time Is Running Out, The Best Ride Ever, It Wasn't Me, Take A Chance On Me, Two Years Later, 1000 Ways To Kill Nick Carter, Revenge of The Slaughtered, I'm Taking Off, When We Collide

AJ centered story: Ten Things, Forces of Nature, Say It With Flowers, A Night To Remember, Survivor

Brian centered story: Valentine Insanity

Howie centered story: Sun Sea Sand & Surfing, The Man With Two Brains, Up All Night

Kevin centered story: Life Begins At Forty

Group centered story: Story of My Life, The Long & Winding Road, Truth or Dare, Maybe Tomorrow, Save A Prayer,

Female centered story: Ten Things, When We Collide, Forces of Nature, A Christmas Carol, The Best Ride Ever, Sun Sea Sand & Surfing, A Night To Remember, Two Years Later, Love Is, Angels & Heroes

Random chick and a guy story:(Only if the other guys do not appear except for a mere mention) Forces of Nature, Ten Things, When We Collide, Love Is, A Christmas Carol, The Best Ride Ever, Sun Sea Sand & Surfing, A Night To Remember, Two Years Later

Crossover: Games

Collaborations: Unwinding Truth, 1000 Ways To Kill Nick Carter, Revenge of The Slaughtered

Series:

Pairing stories: (Only two of the guys are in it) Shattered,

Other fandom entirely: Come Undone (A Twilight one), Love In An Elevator (Take That)

Original fiction:

Action/.adventure: Games, Save A Prayer, Maybe Tomorrow, Unwinding Truth, 1000 Ways To Kill Nick Carter, Revenge of the Slaughtered, Life Begins At Forty

Sci-fi: Games, Unwinding Truth, The Man With Two Brains, I'm Taking Off

Fantasy:

Suspense: Games, The Long & Winding Road, Shattered, Survivor, Valentine Insanity

Drama: Games, Ten Things, The Long & Winding Road, Maybe Tomorrow, Unwinding Truth, Two Years Later, Save A Prayer, Rewind, I'm Taking Off, When We Collide, Valentine Insanity

Dramedy: Truth or Dare,

Comedy: Truth or Dare, It Wasn't Me, Take A Chance On Me, Up All Night

Slash:

Visual: The Best Ride Ever, A Night To Remember,

Romance: Forces of Nature, Ten Things, A Christmas Carol, Love Is, Say It With Flowers, The Best Ride Ever, Sun Sea Sand & Surfing, A Night To Remember, Two Years Later, When We Collide

Song fic: Two Years Later (although maybe it's not quite a songfic, but it was for the songfic challenge)

Historical fiction: Maybe Tomorrow

Alternate Universe: A Christmas Carol, Say It With Flowers, Sun Sea Sand & Surfing, Maybe Tomorrow, Unwinding Truth, When We Collide, Angels & Heroes

Written in first person: Forces of Nature, Story of My Life, Ten Things, The Long & Winding Road, Shattered, Time Is Running Out, Truth or Dare, The Best Ride Ever, Sun Sea Sand & Surfing, A Night To Remember, It Wasn't Me, Take A Chance On Me, Two Years Later, Survivor, Save A Prayer, I'm Taking Off, Up All Night, When We Collide, Valentine Insanity, Angels & Heroes, Say It With Flowers, Come Undone, Love In An Elevator

Written in third person: A Christmas Carol, Love Is, Games, Maybe Tomorrow, Unwinding Truth, The Man With Two Brains, 1000 Ways To Kill Nick Carter, Revenge of the Slaughtered, Rewind, Life Begins At Forty

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 12:03:29 PM »

I thought this would be fun especially for people who have written a crap load of stories!! I'm going to have a ball doing this later. It looks like you ate a pretty diverse writer miss Steph! Although I think we already knew that! ;)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 12:06:36 PM »

Lmao that was supposed to be 'are' and not ate! That's another word auto-correct changes all the time. Normally I just modify it but I kept it because it was pretty funny lmao

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 12:13:25 PM »

Wow, you are diverse, Steph!!  But like Mare said, we already knew that!  Good for you!!  I will try this in a few; I'm not sure how mine will look, so it will be interesting.  I do have a lot of stories if I include all my old ones, but I also have a certain wheelhouse!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 12:20:48 PM »

Wow, Steph, you have something in nearly every category! That's awesome! I'm going to fill this out too, I wonder how it'll look since I mostly have romance and challenge stories haha. If I included some stuff from other fandoms, it'll probably look a little better lol
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 12:53:47 PM »

I thought this would be fun especially for people who have written a crap load of stories!! I'm going to have a ball doing this later. It looks like you ate a pretty diverse writer miss Steph! Although I think we already knew that! ;)

LOL at 'ate' a diverse writer! Maybe that's how I moved on from random girl hooks up with BSB member? LMAO

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 01:38:13 PM »

I went ahead and put my whole catalogue on here... mostly because before I did, the Brian section was looking pretty sad! :( I need to write more current Brian stories!  I also need to write a historical fiction Howie visual - that's the only thing I'm missing! LOL

Nick centered story:  Curtain Call, Broken, By My Side, Beside the Ocean, Shattered Lives, Cry of Despair, Star Cross'd, Three Words, Everyone

AJ centered story:  Secrets of the Heart, Watch Me As I Bleed, In Pieces, The World Will Know Your Name, Seduction of Evil, You'll Never Walk Alone, The Little Velvet Box, One Night

Brian centered story:  Secrets of the Heart; Identical; Are You There, God? It's Me, Brian; Years of Grace; The Other Child; The One; Silent Desperation; One Last Wish; Don't Wanna Lose You Now; Heart of an Angel trilogy; Miracle Child; Believe in Miracles; Loss of a Legend; Home for Christmas; When Tomorrow Never Comes; Just Hold Me

Howie centered story:

Kevin centered story:  The Gift

Group centered story:  Song for the Undead, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Backstreet Boy, Hybrid, Guilty Roads, 00Carter, Genesis 2014, Code Blue, Not Another Teenybopper Fanfic, Through Thick and Thin, Visions of the Past, Fight for Survival, End of the Road, Time

Female centered story:  Curtain Call, Footprints, Through Thick and Thin, The Terror Chronicles

Random chick and a guy story:  Footprints, Beside the Ocean, The One, Heart of an Angel trilogy

Crossover:  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Backstreet Boy, 00Carter, Code Blue, The Terror Chronicles

Collaborations:  Song for the Undead, 00Carter, Code Blue, 1000 Ways to Kill Nick Carter, Revenge of the Slaughtered, Phantasm, Now or Never, Visions of the Past, Fight for Survival

Series:  Broken/By My Side, Cry of Despair/Star Cross'd, Heart of an Angel trilogy

Pairing stories:  Secrets of the Heart, Now or Never

Other fandom entirely:  When the Moon Rises (my first attempt at a Harry Potter fanfic; it's on ff.net)

Original fiction:  Adelaide, Broken (OF version)

Action/adventure:  00Carter, Fight for Survival

Sci-fi:  Hybrid, Genesis 2014

Fantasy:  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Backstreet Boy

Suspense:  Song for the Undead, Guilty Roads, You'll Never Walk Alone, Identical, Now or Never, The Terror Chronicles

Drama:  Guilty Roads, Curtain Call, Secrets of the Heart, Broken, By My Side, Footprints, You'll Never Walk Alone, Beside the Ocean, Code Blue, Shattered Lives, Cry of Despair, Star Cross'd, Through Thick and Thin, One Night, The One, Silent Desperation, One Last Wish, End of the Road, Heart of an Angel trilogy; Miracle Child; Believe in Miracles; Loss of a Legend; Three Words; Everyone; Home for Christmas; When Tomorrow Never Comes; Thank You; Just Hold Me

Dramedy:  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Backstreet Boy

Comedy:  00Carter; Not Another Teenybopper Fanfic; Are You There, God? It's Me, Brian; Backstreet Boys in The Shining; 1000 Ways to Kill Nick Carter; Revenge of the Slaughtered

Slash:  Genesis 2014

Visual:

Romance:  By My Side, You'll Never Walk Alone, Beside the Ocean, Star Cross'd, Through Thick and Thin, One Night, The One, Heart of an Angel Trilogy

Song fic:  The World Will Know Your Name, Time, Thank You

Historical fiction:

Alternate Universe:  Song for the Undead, 00Carter, Secrets of the Heart, Code Blue, The Other Child

Written in first person:  Curtain Call; Footprints; The World Will Know Your Name; Are You There, God? It's Me, Brian; The Terror Chronicles; Just Hold Me; Miracle Child; Believe in Miracles; Loss of a Legend; When Tomorrow Never Comes

Written in third person:  Song for the Undead, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Backstreet Boy, Guilty Roads, 00Carter, Secrets of the Heart, Broken, By My Side, You'll Never Walk Alone, Beside the Ocean, Code Blue, Not Another Teenybopper Fanfic, Identical, Now or Never, Shattered Lives, Cry of Despair, Star Cross'd, Through Thick and Thin, One Night, The One, Silent Desperation, One Last Wish, End of the Road, Heart of an Angel trilogy, Time, Three Words, Everyone, Home for Christmas
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012, 02:03:18 PM »

Wow Julie, you've written in just about all of them!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 02:06:15 PM »

Surprisingly, yeah!  A lot of those are old stories from when I was a very prolific young teenybopper LOL, and some of the ones in genres that are not my forte (slash, sci-fi) were challenge stories for here.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2012, 02:15:34 PM »

Poor Howie! You have all these stories for everyone we get to Howie and nothing! :( lmao

I figured you'd have a ton of fun with this considering how much you have written over the years! Yay so far the two of you are very diverse! I am going to take a nap then do this between innings while I watch the Subway Series later!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2012, 02:16:24 PM »

LOL at 'ate' a diverse writer! Maybe that's how I moved on from random girl hooks up with BSB member? LMAO

lmao stop eating those diverse writers damn you!!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2012, 02:18:43 PM »

Poor Howie! You have all these stories for everyone we get to Howie and nothing! :( lmao

I know!  Poor Howie LOL.  I started a Howie story once, that first summer I wrote fanfic (because I realized then I had at least a short story about every Boy but Howie), and that was the first story I ever discontinued after posting it LOL.  It's not even online anymore; it got lost somewhere along the way.  I also started one about Howie as Dr. Rough (00Carter) for that origins challenge a few years ago, but I never finished that one either.  Fail!

And if I were to write a visual, Howie is the very last Backstreet Boy I would want to write it about, so there goes that plan - sorry, Howie! LOL  That'd make a great challenge story, though, one of those "write outside your comfort zone" ones!  Or for April Fool's LOL.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2012, 02:25:42 PM »

lmao I did even have a Howie challenge story month and I don't know if anyone wrote anything for that!

poor Howie!! :(
Pages: [1] 2 3 4