Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: How diverse are you as a writer?  (Read 13496 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: How diverse are you as a writer?
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2012, 06:21:05 PM »

Wow, that's impressive Steph!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2012, 06:56:00 PM »

Nick centered story:
I didn't realize how much I'd written until I filled this out lol!

Incomplete, Figured You Out, The Dry Spell, When I Grow Up, Weird World, Always With You, Attack Of The Clones, Double Trouble, Still The One,
You Give Love A Bad Name, By My Side, Not The Other Guy, From This Moment On, I'm Just A Kid, I Should Be Thankful, End Of The Road, Jizzle Of Oz

AJ centered story: Forces Of Nature

Brian centered story: Tool Time, Weird World, The Dating Game, Okay Cupid

Howie centered story: Sleepless In Seattle

Kevin centered story: Weird World, Camping With The Devil

Group centered story: Incomplete, Weird World, Attack Of The Clones, Double Trouble, End Of The Road, Always With You, Jizzle Of Oz

Female centered story: Weird World

Random chick and a guy story:(Only if the other guys do not appear except for a mere mention) None

Crossover: None

Collaborations: 1000 Ways To Kill Nick Carter, Tales From The Fake BSB Cruise, Revenge Of The Slaughter 

Series: I Think I'm A Clone Now, Nick And Amanda Series, AC Forum Challenges

Pairing stories: (Only two of the guys are in it): Nick/Kevin:Camping With The Devil,

Brian/AJ: Tool Time,
Nick/Brian: The Dry Spell, The Dating Game

Other fandom entirely: None

Original fiction: None

Action/Adventure: Weird World, Forces Of Nature

Sci-fi: Weird World

Fantasy: None

Suspense: Weird World, Figured You Out, Camping With The Devil

Drama: Figured You Out, Incomplete, Weird World   

Dramedy: The Dry Spell

Comedy: When I Grow Up, The Dry Spell, Not The Other Guy, You Give Love A Bad Name, From This Moment On, Still The One, Tales From The Drive Thru, 1000 Ways To Kill Nick Carter, Revenge Of The Slaughter, Tales From The Fake BSB Cruise, Jizzle Of Oz

Slash: None

Visual: None

Romance: By My Side, Not The Other Guy, You Give Love A Bad Name, Still The One, From This Moment On, The Dating Game, The Dry Spell, Forces Of Nature

Song fic: I'm Just A Kid

Historical fiction: None

Alternate Universe: By My Side, Not The Other Guy, You Give Love A Bad Name. Still The One, From This Moment On, Forces Of Nature, Tool Time

Written in first person: Camping With The Devil, Tool Time, The Dry Spell, I'm Just A Kid

Written in third person: Incomplete, By My Side, You Give Love A Bad Name, Not The Other Guy, Still The One, From This Moment On, Forces Of Nature, Figured You Out, Okay Cupid, Tales From The Drive Thru, Weird World, When I Grow Up, Sleepless In Seattle, Always With You, Attack Of The Clones, Double Trouble, End Of The Road, Jizzle Of Oz

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2012, 07:32:28 PM »

Looks like we're all pretty diverse on here!  That's great!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2012, 08:29:19 PM »

I included my one shots too Rose except for the categorizing of the points of view. You are really diverse as well! Go us!! I am missing three categories though. No historical or visuals for me. I was also surprised at how many third person stories I had. I really thought all of my stuff was first person lol

I was actually shocked at how diverse I was LOL. The POV stories almost killed me trying to list them all! I had to go and open a few cause I couldn't remember.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2012, 10:11:53 PM »

I had to open almost all of my novels because I couldn't remember which ones were first person. LOL I'm gld I did because the ultra lazy me was just going to say all of them were but most of them were actually third person!

I couldn't find a category to place my groundhog stories though! And my haunted house one lmao I think I put that one in suspense, maybe but I didn't have a random inanimate object or talking animal category. LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2012, 10:13:17 PM »

LOL I guess we could have added a "joke story" category!  I didn't include my tranny cancer story from April Fool's either.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2012, 10:17:08 PM »

It's sad how many of my stories would fit in a joke category lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2012, 10:21:55 PM »

It's sad how many of my stories would fit in a joke category lol

LOL It's okay, I love your groundhog stories!  I had more comedies than I realized too.
~Julie

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2012, 12:04:12 AM »

I think I skipped some stories and/or missed some places they should've been put because after I had it half filled out the document got really long and I kept losing my place. LOL But here's my attempt at filling it out. I have written other fandoms but they're not online anywhere so I didn't include them here. :)

----

Nick centered story: Bodyguard, As It Turns Out, Chasing Beautiful, Fix, Saving the Day for Blondes (1&2), Time Watcher, Waste of Paint

AJ centered story: Saving the Day for Blondes 2, Sincerely Yours

Brian centered story: Borrowed Time, Can't Save You, Couples Therapy, Fairytaled

Howie centered story: In His Shoes

Kevin centered story: After Self, It's a Wonderful Life Kevin

Group centered story: After Self, Borrowed Time, As It Turns Out, Fix, Fear of Flying, Miracle, Saving the Day for Blondes 1

Female centered story: Something Beautiful, Accidentally, Shipwreck

Random chick and a guy story: Can't Save You, Chasing Beautiful, Waste of Paint

Crossover:

Collaborations: Accidentally, Breaking Up Is Hard to Do, Gum Shoes, In His Shoes, Just One Kiss, Man! I Feel Like a Woman, She Wants Me, Shipwreck

Series: Something Beautiful, Chasing Beautiful, Saving the Day for Blondes (1&2)

Pairing stories: Something Beautiful, Breaking Up Is Hard to Do, Gumshoes, In His Shoes, Just One Kiss, Man! I Feel Like A Woman, She Wants Me, Shipwreck

Other fandom entirely:

Original fiction: The Boy in the Cardboard Box

Action/.adventure: Saving the Day for Blondes (1&2), Time Watcher

Sci-fi: Miracle

Fantasy:

Suspense:

Drama: Something Beautiful, After Self, Borrowed Time, Can't Save You, As It Turns Out, Chasing Beautiful, Fix, It's a Wonderful Life Kevin, Sincerely Yours, Waste of Paint, There's Us

Dramedy: The Boy in the Cardboard Box

Comedy: Accidentally, Bodyguard, Breaking Up Is Hard to Do, Couples Therapy, Fairytaled, Fear of Flying, In His Shoes, Just One Kiss, Man! I Feel Like A Woman, Saving the Day for Blondes (1&2), She Wants Me, Shipwreck

Slash:

Visual:

Romance: Something Beautiful, Accidentally, Bodyguard

Song fic:

Historical fiction:

Alternate Universe: Chasing Beautiful

Written in first person: Accidentally, After Self, Bodyguard, Borrowed Time, Couple's Therapy, Fairytaled, Fix, Gumshoes, Fear of Flying, It's a Wonderful Life Kevin, Just One Kiss, Man! I Feel Like A Woman, Miracle, Saving the Day for Blondes (1&2), She Wants Me, Shipwreck, Sincerely Yours

Written in third person: Something Beautiful, As It Turns Out, Can't Save You, Chasing Beautiful, Miracle, The Boy in the Cardboard Box, Waste of Paint
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2012, 12:25:56 AM »

Nick centered story: In Pieces, My Happy Ending, Left and Leaving, Best of Both Worlds, Nick's Dirty Kicks, Rogues of the Sea, The Big 3-0, Christmas Cheer

AJ centered story:

Brian centered story:

Howie centered story: None the Wiser, Nothing Good Happens After 2 AM, Pranking The Prankster

Kevin centered story: I Close the Door

Group centered story: Running Up That Hill, Slightly off Schedule, Total Request Live, Comfort and Joy, Fighting Spirit

Female centered story: In Pieces, My Happy Ending, Left and Leaving, Best of Both Worlds

Random chick and a guy story:(Only if the other guys do not appear except for a mere mention) In Pieces, My Happy Ending, Left and Leaving

Crossover:

Collaborations: Choose Your Own Path: The Bewitched Video Game

Series: In Pieces/My Happy Ending

Pairing stories: (Only two of the guys are in it) February Stars (Nick/Brian), The Last Last One(Nick/Brian), Photo Evidence (Nick/Kevin), Stand-In-Line Con (Nick/AJ), Heart Shaped Cookies(Nick/Brian, bit of Nick/AJ)

Other fandom entirely: A metric ton that mostly fit into the categories listed here except a couple slash ones.

Original fiction: OpenJournal (that was my NaNo!)

Action/.adventure: Rogues of the Sea

Sci-fi: Thesis of a Cruel Angel (yet to be posted)

Fantasy: Two Worlds Apart (yet to be posted)

Suspense: Thesis of a Cruel Angel

Drama: In Pieces, My Happy Ending, Left and Leaving, Best of Both Worlds, Running Up That Hill, Nick's Dirty Kicks

Dramedy: Comfort and Joy

Comedy: Fighting Spirit, Pranking the Prankster, Slightly off Schedule, Nothing Good Happens After 2AM

Slash: None in BSB fandom

Visual:

Romance: In Pieces, My Happy Ending, Left and Leaving, Best of Both Worlds

Song fic: The Last Last One

Historical fiction:

Alternate Universe: Rogues of The Sea

Written in first person: Comfort and Joy, February Stars, Heart-Shaped Cookies, I Close The Door, None The Wiser, Nothing Good Happens After 2AM, Running Up That Hill, Slightly off Schedule, The Best of Both Worlds, The Big 3-0, Total Request Live

Written in third person: Christmas Cheer, Fighting Spirit, In Pieces, Left and Leaving, My Happy Ending, Nick's Dirty Kicks, Photo Evidence, Rogues of the Sea, Stand-In-Line Con, The Last Last One

--

That was hard! I didn't realize how many of my stories don't just focus on one boy (unless that one boy is Nick, LOL). Not surprising that I don't really have any AJ or Brian centered stories - though I do have stories that are from their POV. I find them the hardest to write about. I included ones that I've been working on pretty heavily that haven't been posted yet... because I've been writing them. So they count! haha.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2012, 12:28:53 AM »

You know, I find AJ very easy to write. But I always give him this jaded/twisted perspective lol.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2012, 12:54:28 AM »

I feel like I'd give him a jaded/bitter perspective as well, but I typically hand that off to Nick. So to write AJ with the same sort of attitude would be hard, because I'd have to make him different than Nick.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2012, 02:10:34 AM »

After filling this out I had no idea I'd written so many different stories in just 3 years of posting at AC. I'm actually shocked!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2012, 02:36:19 AM »

I like writing AJ as a supporting character/sidekick better than the main character.  But I do tend to have him star in a lot of my short stories; I didn't realize that until I filled this out LOL.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2012, 03:31:59 AM »

I feel like I'd give him a jaded/bitter perspective as well, but I typically hand that off to Nick. So to write AJ with the same sort of attitude would be hard, because I'd have to make him different than Nick.

Nick's jaded too, but AJ's got that really twisted sense of humor, which is how I try to differentiate. That and Nick has his random moments lol. Basically Nick's a lot like me at times. Minus the whole jaded thing. I like to give Nick weird nuances, like singing to himself when he's nervous. AJ gets my sick and morbid humor lol.

Julie, I noticed the same thing. If it's not Nick in a one-shot, it's AJ when it comes to me lol.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4