Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: How diverse are you as a writer?  (Read 13495 times)

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
Re: How diverse are you as a writer?
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2012, 04:37:02 AM »

After reading your answers, I therefore conclude that I am the only writer in AC that is not a diverse one... LOL
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2012, 05:00:05 AM »

I tend to write Nick kind of insecure and unsure of himself...a bit shy. Which is how I am somewhat. I put a lot of myself into Nick when I write my AU series. In Forces Of Nature he is a skirt chasing comedian. For AJ I usually make the one Nick goes to for advice, someone Nick looks up to. Brian is there as another support system. I love writing them like that.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2012, 05:07:12 AM »

I try to keep Nick real to life. He's a random video game addict, he's got issues, he deals with a lot. So while there's a lot of me, I put in a lot of the perception he puts out there too. I don't think there's a point unless Nick comes off real. Or else why write fanfic? You may as well make him an original character lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2012, 05:15:17 AM »

I love how much we are finding out about ourselves by filling this out. I have a pretty easy time of it writing AJ but not as a lead. I was kind of surprised that he was the main character in just one of my stories. I thought he would have had more shorts devoted to him at least. Howie seems to be the one I give all my one shots too lol AJ tends to be comic relief in my stuff.

I wasn't surprised by my lack of Brian stories. I just can't channel the guy. You would think I'd have a ton if Frick & Frack stories but unless you put It Stays in the category, I had nothing at all lol
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 05:17:15 AM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2012, 05:29:28 AM »

I understand what you mean, Rose and I do the same. I try to keep Nick himself but add other elements as well. Well, the way I see he is anyway. Depends on the story I am writing.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2012, 10:58:20 AM »

I love how much we are finding out about ourselves by filling this out. I have a pretty easy time of it writing AJ but not as a lead. I was kind of surprised that he was the main character in just one of my stories. I thought he would have had more shorts devoted to him at least. Howie seems to be the one I give all my one shots too lol AJ tends to be comic relief in my stuff.

AJ is good for comic relief!  That's why I prefer to write him as a supporting character.  I like that side of AJ best.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2012, 11:03:10 AM »

I definitely agree! I use AJ more for comic relief than anything else, I think.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2012, 12:06:27 PM »

I like using AJ for dark humor. And cussing. AJ's great at cussing. Sometimes when you need something rude said, AJ's the best one for the job. He's always very frank in my stories. He's a good catalyst bringer because of that. I like using Nick as comic relief. AJ and Nick's interactions are usually really silly so the combination of them make good relief, but AJ on his own is more of a saying-what-needs-to-be-said person in my fics.
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2012, 12:27:12 PM »

^ Very true!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

carterkid

• Major Disruption
  • It's a backstreet world....we just live in it
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2012, 01:07:10 PM »

Nick centered story: 1000 Ways To Kill Nick Carter,Future Boy,Uncle Daddy,Switch,Win a date with Brian

AJ centered story:Tooth fairy [not up right now]

Brian centered story:Song Re-write,Devil Town,Win a date with Brian

Howie centered story:Nothing can wake him

Kevin centered story:Switch

Group centered story:I dare you,Nothing can wake him,Future Boy,Devil Town,Song rewrite,Switch,Uncle Daddy

Female centered story:Uncle Daddy

Random chick and a guy story:(Only if the other guys do not appear except for a mere mention)

Crossover: [my crossovers are not up yet lol]

Collaborations:1000 Ways To Kill Nick Carter,I Dare You,Uncle Daddy,Future Boy

Series:

Pairing stories: (Only two of the guys are in it)Win a date with Brian[frick n frack]Switch [nick & kev but under another ac name]
Uncle Daddy [nick and his brother aaron]Nine months[not up]

Other fandom entirely:[had an x-men story up but took it down]

Original fiction:

Action/.adventure:Future Boy

Sci-fi:

Fantasy:Switch,I dare you

Suspense:Devil Town

Drama:Uncle Daddy

Dramedy:Future Boy

Comedy:Uncle Daddy,Switch,1000 Ways To Kill Nick Carter,Win a date with Brian,Nothing can wake him,Song Re-write

Slash:I dare you,Devil Town,Nine months[not up]

Visual:

Romance:Uncle Daddy

Song fic:

Historical fiction:

Alternate Universe:Devil Town

Written in first person:

Written in third person:All my stories

[had to add]horror-1000 Ways To Kill Nick Carter

I think I got all of mine. LOL

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2012, 12:33:46 PM »

Stories in () are stories that would be on AC if they had not been lost in the crash of my website.  I lost them because the website got taken down and my computer hard drive crashed. Combination = lost stories

Nick centered story: Amnesia, More Than That, Fighting Fate, Chronos Project, Chronos Breach, Unwinding Truth, Of Love and Time

AJ centered story: Widow’s Walk, Unwinding Truth, Of Love and Time

Brian centered story: Empty, Severed Identities, Messing With Magic, Of Love and Time

Howie centered story: Christmas Lights, Of Love and Time

Kevin centered story: Room 438, Chronos Project, Chronos Breach, Chronos Engagement, (One Kentucky Summer)

Group centered story:  Darkness of Vampires, DOV: End of All Hope, Of Love and Time, 00Carter

Female centered story: DOV: Antigone, Severed Identities, Chronos Project, Chronos Breach, Chronos Engagement (The Girlfriends)

Random chick and a guy story:(Only if the other guys do not appear except for a mere mention)  Fighting Fate, Amnesia, More Than That, Empty, Messing with Magic, Room 438

Crossover: Wulf’s Bane, 00Carter  (Lick’A’Nick; Backstreet in Time)

Collaborations: 00Carter, Unwinding Truth

Series:  Darkness of Vampires; Chronos Project

Pairing stories: (Only two of the guys are in it)

Other fandom entirely: Broken Mask

Original fiction: Wulf’s Bane – OF

Action/.adventure: Severed Identities, Wulf’s Bane, Unwinding Truth, 00Carter

Sci-fi: Chronos Project, Chronos Breach, Severed Identities, Wulf’s Bane, Chronos Engagement, 00Carter (Backstreet in Time)

Fantasy: Wulf’s Bane

Suspense: Room 438, Amnesia, More Than That, Severed Identities, Widow’s Walk

Drama: Empty, Fighting Fate, Of Love and Time, Room 438, Broken Mask, Widow’s Walk (Backstreet in Time, The Girlfriends)

Dramedy:
Comedy: (Lick’A’Nick)
Slash:
Visual:
Romance: Of Love and Time, Fighting Fate, More Than That (One Kentucky Summer)…side note: I have 2 stories that are listed as Romance but after time I don’t think they work in that category)
Song fic:
Historical fiction: I have stories that have historical parts but not entirely historical on AC (Backstreet in Time)
Horror: Darkness of Vampires, DOV: End of All Hope, DOV: Antigone

Alternate Universe: Chronos Project, Chronos Breach, Chronos Engagement, Darkness of Vampires, DOV: End of all Hope, DOV: Antigone, Unwinding Truth, 00Carter … side note: Wulf’s Bane Nick travels to an alternate universe but he is Nick from BSB so not sure if that would go here
Written in first person:  Darkness of Vampires: Antigone

Written in third person: Everything else

I've started a few stories in first person but they don't get far.  I should try again. I have one now, girl centered though. 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]