Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Question of the day part 3 :)  (Read 30021 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Question of the day part 3 :)
« on: July 12, 2012, 05:05:30 PM »

The current question from Erika is:

What is your favorite story that you've written and why?

Commence...
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
Re: Question of the day part 3 :)
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 05:09:56 PM »

I love all my stories so it was hard to choose but it makes me wonder, do any of you have a least favorite story?

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 05:13:57 PM »

In the other thread I mentioned that I loved Amnesia.

Stories I hate, well yes actually I do have some that I dislike and can't believe I wrote.  More Than That: All or Nothing is my least favorite.  What is that you say? I don't have a story with that title, you'e right, I don't, I deleted the piece of crap!  The story picks up 18 years into the future of the main characters and their lives now, with their children, and pretty much their lives loop back around to what they'd been living in all their lives.  (Past Lives story) *shudders* Serves me right for trying to write a sequel to More Than That! 
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 05:25:01 PM by Purpura Lipstick »
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 05:19:43 PM »

It's hard for me to pick a least favourite, and you know, I can't think of anything in BSB fandom that I dislike enough to call my least favourite. Even the early ones I wrote because they're so teeny and bad but they were my first stories and anytime I go back and look at them I always smile.

Maybe my least favourite is that Avatar story my friend betad and hacked to bits lol.

Oh you know what, no. I hate Left and Leaving. I read through some of it when converting it for Kindle, and was impressed with the quality of writing (as in, I couldn't believe I'd come up with some of those words) but the storyline makes me gag. I'd like to know what my 23 year old self was thinking writing that. So embarrassing.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 05:21:45 PM »

I don't really like any of the stories I wrote before 2003, but I have two stories from that era that would tie for least favorite.  One is called "Silent Desperation," and the other is "The Other Child."  They were both written off ideas given to me by other people, which is one reason I probably never enjoyed writing them as much as my other stories.  SD is the drug story I think I mentioned somewhere in the other thread; it was one of my early stories, and I was pathetically naive and did a piss poor job of researching and writing it realistically, so it's just embarrassing.  TOC was my first AU, back when I didn't like AUs, and I got so sick of writing it that I just wrapped it up early and told everyone I would write a sequel to tell the rest of the story.  Well, I never wrote the sequel.  So the story just sort of ends abruptly, I think.  I hate it so much I haven't even looked at it in years; I'm just going off of memory.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 05:23:16 PM »

My favorite story was Season's of Change which I'm pretty sure no one on here has ever read lol it's the sequel to Mel's Tree and the most personal thing I've ever put out there. Since Mel's was based on my life, Seasons just took it to a whole other level.

Least favorite is a tie between Comedy of Errors & Lion's Den poor Howie lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 07:36:09 PM »

I'd have to say Song For The Undead, and Remember Me This Way, both feature what I consider to be my best writing. Plus, writing about zombies is just fun LOL.

As for least favorite... probably Just Another Day. It was really to see if I could write a romance and use all the cliches I could and still have it be a good story. To this day I have no idea if I succeeded in that or not LOL.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 07:38:56 PM »

I read Just Another Day when I first came to AC actually, I really liked it! I always forget that was your story lol
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

myconfession

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 07:54:19 PM »

Yeah I'm with Julie... I don't really like any of my stories that I wrote before I went on my "break" when I went back to college. I learned so much about writing in my creative writing classes that I pretty much hate them all, including "I Wanna Be Bad." I'm not sure what people like about that one so much.

I think my favorite might be "The Fearless Series" that I'm writing with Lisa (BiLittrell). Maybe just because we've had so much fun getting in Google Docs and writing and chatting and surprising one another.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 08:09:32 PM »

Karah, did you write... I'm totally blanking on the title. (The one where Nick marries that country singer while drunk) before your break? I liked that one a lot. When I was in college I skipped a day of classes reading the entire thing lol
~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 08:39:38 PM »

Now to answer my own question, I guess Incomplete is my least favorite because its such a crazy story, Nick in a coma...the boys fighting about his well being. I do like the idea of him being stuck in another universe while in the coma though. It was one of my first stories, but not my best.

carterkid

• Major Disruption
  • It's a backstreet world....we just live in it
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 08:51:37 PM »

Now to answer my own question, I guess Incomplete is my least favorite because its such a crazy story, Nick in a coma...the boys fighting about his well being. I do like the idea of him being stuck in another universe while in the coma though. It was one of my first stories, but not my best.

LOL  I love that story ;)

myconfession

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 09:17:10 PM »

Karah, did you write... I'm totally blanking on the title. (The one where Nick marries that country singer while drunk) before your break? I liked that one a lot. When I was in college I skipped a day of classes reading the entire thing lol

Ahhh "The Right Kind of Wrong" yes that's me lol That storyline I liked a lot, the writing isn't that great that. It was maybe the second or third big story I wrote and it probably took you a whole day to read it LMAO

You know how some people end up having 104840492 chapters to a story? I think that one is like that. I have it up on MC.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2012, 09:53:21 PM »

Did you carterkid? I'm surprised, cause its such a out-there story. I love some of it, like Brian being a stripper amused me a lot.

myconfession

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2012, 09:58:41 PM »

Brian Littrell..... as Magic Mike!   : :wave:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10