Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33

Author Topic: Question of the Day Part 5  (Read 86516 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Question of the Day Part 5
« on: July 26, 2012, 08:17:39 PM »

Started this cause I finally thought up a question and the other thread is about to hit 50 pages LOL.

In fanfic who is your favorite author, and how has that person helped inspire your work?
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

myconfession

Re: Question of the Day Part 5
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 08:57:02 PM »

Gift wise.... I got some Bath and Body Works stuff that was named "Enchanted" and the person said it was the Harley Harper perfume (character in "The Story of Us")

A reader sent me a necklace with a camera charm on it for my birthday because I take pictures and that's kind of related to one of my stories, Superstar.

A reader who became a really good friend of mine and has been for over 10 years now gave me a "How to write tacky romance novels" book once LMFAO

myconfession

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 08:58:02 PM »

Favorite author, it was Kristy from Under the Sheets. She was the first fan fiction author I ever read.

Not sure I really have a favorite anymore, though besides my friends.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 09:40:19 PM »

I have a lot of favorites but I don't know if I have an absolute favorite. I would probably say that Chaos inspired me the most. I loved his writing style & he did an incredible job writing in first person. I probably would have never tried doing that or suspense if it wasn't for him.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 09:47:42 PM »

Started this cause I finally thought up a question and the other thread is about to hit 50 pages LOL.

In fanfic who is your favorite author, and how has that person helped inspire your work?

That is such a hard question!!  I feel like I have a lot of favorite authors, both on AC and off.   Oddly enough, the authors whose work I read fairly regularly and the authors of my very favorite fanfics of all time are not necessarily the same people.  I guess some authors I like for their overall style and consistency, and some authors I like for one amazing story they wrote.

If I had to put it all together and name one author who has consistently written stories that I've read, enjoyed, and been inspired by, I think it would be Carrie (Jenna on AC).  I've been reading her stories since 2000, and although I haven't read all of them, I've read a lot of them, and she tends to write the kind of stuff I enjoy - medical dramas, tearjerkers, and suspense.  The Swollen Issues series, which she co-wrote, was hugely inspirational to me and led to Broken, which is the story that I feel kind of put me on the map as a fanfic writer.  She would also be one I'd name for the "Who could you bring back?" question.  I'm not sure she's necessarily "gone" from fanfic; she's one of those who tends to come and go.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 09:52:05 PM »

^ Jenna was actually my second choice, her and Swenglish together. I meant to put them on my fanfic authors I miss list as well
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 10:06:17 PM »

I miss her!  She and her co-writers always managed to write the most addicting stories.  I think I was more addicted to Swollen and Nick & Lizz than any other story I've followed as it was being written, and that's saying something!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 10:08:07 PM »

Between Ground Zero and Swollen Issues, I got sucked into this fandom lol

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 10:14:38 PM »

Even though I had fanfic on my site and I had a review site for years I didn't really have a favorite BSB fanfic author.  I have one at fanfiction.net Quirky Del.  I've loved every fic of hers I've read.  Amanda inspired me to write fanfic by being so into it herself, though she wrote about anime and video games she never judged my stories for being about BSB it was what I needed when I started.

Anyone's stories I read now inspire me to do better with my own stuff. 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 10:20:06 PM »

I still haven't narrowed it down, hence my lack of an answer lol. That...and thanks to Saka Steph I'm watching OC lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 10:23:45 PM »

My favorite fanfic author...hmmm. ..

I would say Honey cause she wasn't afraid to write sappy romances and I just loved Searching For Mercy.

Also, although I kind of suck cause I start her stories and never finish...I would say Julie (rokofages). I always get sucked in by her stories, even though I'm not into descriptive stories. lol. Plus I find her very humble about her accomplishment s.  ;)

myconfession

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 10:25:21 PM »

This shows how much I read fan fiction (even though I write the hell out of it), I don't know who any of the people you guys are naming are. LOL! I've just always been more of a fan fiction writer than a reader.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 10:29:15 PM »

Also, although I kind of suck cause I start her stories and never finish...I would say Julie (rokofages). I always get sucked in by her stories, even though I'm not into descriptive stories. lol. Plus I find her very humble about her accomplishment s.  ;)

Thanks, Erika!  LOL What's with the winky face after that comment?
~Julie

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 10:30:11 PM »

I have another question...man I kinda suck at answering, but I have a ton of questions. lol.

Has there been an author or a story you've been skeptical to check out and once you do, you actually like it?

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2012, 10:31:05 PM »

Thanks, Erika!  LOL What's with the winky face after that comment?
Oh lord...lol. It was supposed to be the smiley one. My bad.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33