Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33

Author Topic: Question of the Day Part 5  (Read 86688 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Question of the Day Part 5
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2012, 10:32:00 PM »

This shows how much I read fan fiction (even though I write the hell out of it), I don't know who any of the people you guys are naming are. LOL! I've just always been more of a fan fiction writer than a reader.

A lot of them are old school.  I don't know the writer Lore named, but I'm assuming she's also old school if she posted BSB stories on fanfic.net.

I love all you current writers too, but I was definitely more of an obsessive fanfic reader a decade ago, so I tend to be sentimental about my favorites from back then.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2012, 10:33:54 PM »

Oh lord...lol. It was supposed to be the smiley one. My bad.

LOL It's okay, I was just like, hm... does that really mean I'm NOT humble or is there an inside joke there I'm supposed to get?  :P  You can tell me if I'm not humble (or PM me if there's an inside joke I didn't get LOL).
~Julie

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2012, 10:37:30 PM »

A lot of them are old school.  I don't know the writer Lore named, but I'm assuming she's also old school if she posted BSB stories on fanfic.net.

I love all you current writers too, but I was definitely more of an obsessive fanfic reader a decade ago, so I tend to be sentimental about my favorites from back then.

Quirky Del, she's still posting stories on fanfic.net, she didn't write BSB fic. 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2012, 10:39:17 PM »

I have another question...man I kinda suck at answering, but I have a ton of questions. lol.

Has there been an author or a story you've been skeptical to check out and once you do, you actually like it?

Absolutely!  Surprisingly, some of my favorite stories have been the ones I was most skeptical to read, but did on someone's recommendation .  "Cover Me With Dreams," which is probably my favorite fanfic of all time, was recommended to me by a reader when I was writing Broken.  It took me two tries to get into it, but once I did, I was hooked!  I like romance as a subplot and don't usually get sucked into ROMANCES, but that one... wow.  Amazing.  And it gave me a lot of inspiration for BMS, so I owe my sequel to that.

"Between the Lines" is another one I had tried to read several times before I finally made myself read it for Mare's old discussion group, and I was SO glad I did!!  The fact that it was AU and about baseball had been major turn-offs to me before, but it's an amazingly well-written, heartfelt story that captures the guys and their relationships as well as any non-AU.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2012, 10:39:44 PM »

Quirky Del, she's still posting stories on fanfic.net, she didn't write BSB fic.  

Ohh, okay!
~Julie

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2012, 10:46:11 PM »

Ohh, okay!

Yeah I know, I have strange fanfic beginnings. Might be why my plots are (well I think they are) out there.  

I have another question...man I kinda suck at answering, but I have a ton of questions. lol.

Has there been an author or a story you've been skeptical to check out and once you do, you actually like it?

Since I was skeptical about a lot of BSB fanfic to begin with, yes I have done this.  Years ago I read fanfic but can't remember most of what I read or the titles of hardly anything I read.  The review site I had I reviewed a story that everyone seemed to think was the bees knees.  I really disliked it.  The plot was boring the female lead was... bleh (like I should talk I guess..lol).   Since then I've been wary about reading stories that everyone raves about and since I diappeared from writing and reading for quite a few years I was skeptical to get into any stories, espeically the ones people raved about.  
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2012, 10:50:46 PM »

I am MIA for like a day and I missed a lot of questions lol. I'm gonna eat dinner and wind down before I answer. Today was....interes ting to say the least.

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2012, 10:53:19 PM »

LOL It's okay, I was just like, hm... does that really mean I'm NOT humble or is there an inside joke there I'm supposed to get?  :P  You can tell me if I'm not humble (or PM me if there's an inside joke I didn't get LOL).
LOL!! No, I seriously think your one of the best writers on AC and you're really humble about it. YOu're not a bragger! No inside joke Julie.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2012, 10:55:48 PM »

Yeah I know, I have strange fanfic beginnings. Might be why my plots are (well I think they are) out there.  

Since I was skeptical about a lot of BSB fanfic to begin with, yes I have done this.  Years ago I read fanfic but can't remember most of what I read or the titles of hardly anything I read.  The review site I had I reviewed a story that everyone seemed to think was the bees knees.  I really disliked it.  The plot was boring the female lead was... bleh (like I should talk I guess..lol).   Since then I've been wary about reading stories that everyone raves about and since I diappeared from writing and reading for quite a few years I was skeptical to get into any stories, espeically the ones people raved about.  

LOL I guess we probably shouldn't ask the question, "Have you ever read a story because everyone was raving about it and found it overrated?" because that has the potential for starting drama, but I know what you mean.  I think we've all been there!
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2012, 10:56:03 PM »

LOL!! No, I seriously think your one of the best writers on AC and you're really humble about it. YOu're not a bragger! No inside joke Julie.

I agree, and I love that about her lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2012, 10:56:14 PM »

Phew!  Good to know - thanks, Erika, for the compliment and the reassurance!! LOL :)
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2012, 10:59:32 PM »

Also, Erika, I love your avatar!!  That is my favorite Kevin line ever LOL.  I have a different one with that same lyric.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2012, 11:01:37 PM »

I love Drowning...and the fact Kevin's back.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2012, 11:08:38 PM »

Me too!  How did we ever survive without Kevin???  I mean, I was devastated after he left, but I got over it, and once Unbreakable came out, I was like, "Eh, they're fine without Kevin."  But now that he's back, I realize once again just how much I've missed him the last six years!
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2012, 11:14:53 PM »

I talk about my stories sometimes on my twitter but I also probably do it more than I think I do.

People who know I write? Pretty much a lot of people do. I post when I update on FB because I have some readers there, I post on twitter and the forum. My dad knows I write. He knows I won the felix and was actually proud of me :) made me feel really good. Of course I get asked "when are you gonna do anything real with your writing?" but my best friend understands it is a hobby and reads it. She loves the site but doesn't leave reviews....she loves Julie's stories and reads on Karah's site...and evergreen is probably her favorite.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33