Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33

Author Topic: Question of the Day Part 5  (Read 87217 times)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
Re: Question of the Day Part 5
« Reply #450 on: August 07, 2012, 01:30:36 PM »

Good questions Rose.

There aren't really any writers I don't like personally right now, but even if someone and I weren't getting along I'd still read if their writing was good. I don't consider personal relationships a factor when I read.

I will answer the questions in a bit when I choose the stories...I've read so many.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #451 on: August 07, 2012, 02:35:57 PM »

There isn't anyone I dislike, but even if I didn't like someone, if their story was good then I'd read it and review it.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #452 on: August 07, 2012, 02:43:40 PM »

Here's a question...or a few...

Best Death Scene you've ever read in fanfic? Written?

Saddest scene...read? Written?

What made these stir up the emotions in you?

Best death scene I've read, well the Muffin Man was the first one that popped into my head, lol, that was just pure gore so I will go with that.  Best one I've written would have to be one of the 1000 Ways To Kill Nick as I've not written any other death scenes (I don't think so anyway...yet!)

Saddest scene I've ever read is a tie between RMTW and Curtain Call as both stories had me crying like a baby.  The saddest thing I've written was a Take That AU short story where I sent Jason to the gas chambers in WW2.

I think anything where the boys are suffering is going to bring out the emotion in me, I'm a big wimp!

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #453 on: August 07, 2012, 05:58:14 PM »

Best death scene I've read, well the Muffin Man was the first one that popped into my head, lol, that was just pure gore so I will go with that.  Best one I've written would have to be one of the 1000 Ways To Kill Nick as I've not written any other death scenes (I don't think so anyway...yet!)

Saddest scene I've ever read is a tie between RMTW and Curtain Call as both stories had me crying like a baby.  The saddest thing I've written was a Take That AU short story where I sent Jason to the gas chambers in WW2.

I think anything where the boys are suffering is going to bring out the emotion in me, I'm a big wimp!

Awww I'm flattered to tie with Julie! She's like a Queen of Angst lol.

That actually was the saddest scene I've ever written...well that story as a whole really LOL.

Saddest one I've read? Nick's death in Curtain Call, it's so well written and so poignant.

Best Death Scene? I agree about the Muffin death LMAO. I love that one so much.
Written... Probably the one where I decapitate him in the elevator. I kinda love that.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #454 on: August 07, 2012, 06:38:23 PM »

More tough questions lol

To have a favorite death scene is a bit morbid for me. I would probably have to go with Brian's death in Scared of Reality because it wasn't Nick for once and was kind of surprising when it happened.

Saddest scene is probably Documenteries by Izzy. The entire story was so sad and just touched me in a way not many other scenes from stories have.

Saddest scene I've ever written is I Wonder How Old I Am from Seasons of Change.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #455 on: August 07, 2012, 07:22:54 PM »

Okay, it took me all day to think of it but the best death scene?

If we are going for funny, I would have to say Julie's Muffin Man one. But for serious definitely Curtain Call. I cried a lot after CC ended and me and my friend were just talking about it, we were both a mess when it was finished.

Saddest scene? I would say in Remember Me This Way the ending for that also made me cry, when Nick didn't know who Brian was...that touched me because of what I went through with my own grandmother. I felt as if I was Brian in that situation.

Saddest scene I've written?

The one shot I wrote about what happened after Figured You Out.... "I Should Be Thankful" It was full of angst and just really emotional, how he was going to commit suicide. I went through something personal and have been in that state of mind only once, so it was easy to portray that raw emotion in writing. Luckily that is far behind me now :)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #456 on: August 07, 2012, 08:11:38 PM »

Forgot to put this but favorite death I've written? I would say the one where Nick gets crushed by the stage in 1000 Ways. It's called "Caffinated Pancakes" and he has a bad reaction to red bull causing a heart attack. I just think that because it is realistic and not too over the top.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #457 on: August 07, 2012, 08:25:30 PM »

What is the biggest motivator for you to write?

And on the other end of things what is the thing that makes your motivation go bye bye? lol
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 08:37:28 PM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

ForeverFrick

• Major Disruption
« Reply #458 on: August 07, 2012, 10:16:22 PM »

And on the other end of things what is the thing that makes your motivation go bye bye? lol

My biggest motivator is finishing up something else- usually reading a book, but sometimes watching a movie- that is a genre type I like to write.  Something about the story will inspire me to start writing or to get back to something I've been working on.  Visiting someone else's imaginary world gets my own imagination flowing and helps me along. 

On the flip side, the longer I haven't written, the harder it is sometimes to get back into it.  It's like I feel I've forgotten how or something, and then finding the motivation to try is more difficult.   

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #459 on: August 07, 2012, 10:36:12 PM »

This is going to sound corny, but just the love of writing. Sometimes when I go too long without doing it, I get itchy. Even when I'm blocked on all my stories I try to write because I love it.

And on the other end of things what is the thing that makes your motivation go bye bye?

Real life issues. They'll kill all my energy and make it almost a chore when it's too much. When I have some, it's therapeutic. When I have a lot, it builds up and turns into a block instead.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #460 on: August 07, 2012, 11:04:36 PM »

Honestly, anything. I just really love writing and finding a story within something that inspires me. Be it a song or something that actually happened, I love to make stuff up lol. When I get an idea I'm really excited about, it's fun to put words onto the page and play around with them to make it read exactly as it plays out in my head.

Oh, I also write to escape stupid things happening in my real life. I wrote a lot when Randy and I were breaking up.

And on the other end of things what is the thing that makes your motivation go bye bye?
It used to be when I had a lot going on in my real life that was good, I wouldn't be motivated to write. Because anything I could dream up in my head was less interesting than whatever real life thing was happening at the moment. But now, I'm not sure. Probably stupid drama. When my story got copied I didn't want to write anything, and didn't for like a week. That completely killed all of my inspiration. (I actually still haven't gone back to the sequel for that story.) I guess if I'm just in a really energetic mood it'll be hard for me to actually sit down and write.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #461 on: August 08, 2012, 12:09:00 AM »

Thanks, guys, for all the Curtain Call and RoTS love!!

As far as favorite death scenes go, there are definitely two ways to answer that one - funny or serious.  There are so many funny ones in 1000 Ways to Kill Nick Carter and Revenge of the Slaughtered that I can't even narrow it down to one!  Tracy and Steph have both contributed a lot of creative deaths, and Erika wrote one where Nick died after ODing on Viagara (they have those warnings about an erection lasting longer than four hours for a reason!) that cracked me the hell up.  I think my favorite one to write was the Burning Up death in 1000 Ways.  It's not even the most creative of the ones I've come up with; I think it's just the "soundtrack" that makes me like it so much LOL.  "The way you shake, shake, shake, shake that ass..."  For RoTS, of course it's the Muffin Man one!  I will never top that one LOL.

For serious death scenes, I agree with Mare that Brian's death in Scared of Reality was a good one because it was a shocker, happening in the middle of the story just when you thought he was going to get away.  Another one for me would be Nick's death at the end of the Swollen Issues series because, although it was coming, it was still a shock in its own right, and it wasn't pretty, but brutally realistic.  I respect that.  I was so attached to that series that I sort of grieved that one LOL.  For my favorite I've written, I have to go with Curtain Call.  I am proud of how that scene turned out.

As for saddest scene, I agree with everyone who said the end of Remember Me This Way was really sad.  I've kind of built up a tolerance to where I don't cry easily at fanfics anymore, but that one did make me cry.  Watching Nick forget what year it was and regress back to the Millennium era, then forget the people in his life and start seeing them as strangers, and ultimately forget who he was... that deterioration was just tragic and definitely brought some tears toward the end.  I think the saddest scenes that I've written have been when Brian's whole family died (the first time) in Song for the Undead and Casey's death in By My Side.  I remember actually crying over those Casey chapters, and I hardly ever do that with my own stories (though there was some influence from Dumbo there... holy shit, can that movie make me cry!).  Apparently killing children, even fictional children in minor roles, bothers me more than killing Backstreet Boys LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #462 on: August 08, 2012, 12:19:56 AM »

Oh man, I completely forgot about those Casey chapters in BMS. Yes, I definitely teared up while reading those :(
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #463 on: August 08, 2012, 12:20:34 AM »

I agree a lot with what Rose and Steph said for both of these questions.  I write because I love to write.  I enjoy the actual act of being creative and putting words on paper and telling a story, but even more than that, I enjoy the rush I get from it.  When my writing is going well, it's easy for me to be in a good mood.  Even on Monday morning when I'm not looking forward to a full week of work, I feel better if I've had a successful weekend of writing, especially if I updated Sunday night and wake up to new reviews.  Feedback is GREAT motivation.  There's no better way to make my day and get me excited about writing more.  Writing is my happy place.

I also agree that real life is the number one thing that gets in my way when it comes to writing.  During the school year, time is an issue, and mental energy is an even bigger issue.  When I come home after a full day of being in teacher mode, I am mentally drained.  All I feel like doing is collapsing on the couch and falling asleep in front of the TV.  It takes a total rush of inspiration to get me to overcome that and write anything on a weeknight.  I do it every once in awhile - I had a nice streak of doing it with Curtain Call - but more often than that, I just can't.  And that makes it harder to get back into that mindset on the weekend, when I actually do have time and am not so sleep-deprived and exhausted.  But of course, if there are other issues in my life that are stressing me out, that makes it harder to focus on writing, too.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #464 on: August 08, 2012, 12:27:03 AM »

Oh man, I completely forgot about those Casey chapters in BMS. Yes, I definitely teared up while reading those :(

That was such a small part of the story in comparison, but those chapters have always stuck with me because I remember writing them.  I was home from college for the weekend, and I'm pretty sure I spent a lot of it locked in my bedroom at my parents' house with my Dumbo DVD in my computer and that Baby Mine song playing on repeat, literally making myself cry as I wrote.  Then I went back to college Sunday night, and when people asked how my weekend was, I thought, wow, what a downer!  I spent my whole weekend killing a child with cancer.  Weirdo LOL.

Does anyone else actually try to make themselves emotional while they're gearing up to write an emotional part?  I did that a lot with Broken and BMS, which may be why they're so melodramatic, because I was being melodramatic as I wrote them! LOL
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 12:28:37 AM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33