Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]

Author Topic: Question of the Day Part 5  (Read 86551 times)

colorguard_diva

• Major Disruption
Re: Question of the Day Part 5
« Reply #480 on: August 08, 2012, 01:04:28 PM »

During work I don't have any time to work on writing, I wish I did. If I get an idea, I try to keep it in my head until lunch. Then I will jote some notes in my phone or text my friend with my idea.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #481 on: August 08, 2012, 02:25:18 PM »

uh if I get inspired at work I usually write it down in my notebook.   I may write at work but I still jot down ideas that randomly come to me.  I will open a word document if the idea is new and really plaguing my mind and it's a first scene.  I have found that I cannot jump around with scenes in word.  When I actually set to write I have to go in order so when a random scene hits I write it down in my notebook to use later.  

Oh that's a question. Do you have to write your story in order or can you write them out of order and then piece them together later?
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #482 on: August 08, 2012, 03:02:56 PM »

Wow I've missed to many questions to go back. I'll start with Lore's.
Oh that's a question. Do you have to write your story in order or can you write them out of order and then piece them together later?
Usually I just go in order, but with Bound I seem to be coming up with scenes that are far from happening and I just write it up and save it for when it comes up.  :shrug:

I have another question. I think I'm better at coming up with questions than answering them anyway.

Out of all your stories which character is your ultimate favorite that you've written? What about your least favorite? Why?
When you think of stories you've read...what character do you think of first? Why?
Ok that's more than one question...lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #483 on: August 08, 2012, 03:13:49 PM »

How about we do this, because this thread is getting long. I'm going to take Erika's question and use it to start a brand new thread but i'm also going to leave this one open for Lore's and the other ones to finish up. :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #484 on: August 08, 2012, 03:17:56 PM »

I always write my stories in order. My brain doesn't think out of order. lol

Most of my main ideas never are for the beginning of a story anyway but I just hold out until I get to it instead of skipping ahead and i'm happy I do it that way because nine out of ten times that original idea ends up changing to accommodate what's been written prior.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #485 on: August 08, 2012, 09:12:23 PM »

As far as getting inspired at work, I'm with Mare, Rachel, and probably all the other teachers - it doesn't happen! LOL  No time to think!

As for writing stories in order, I always do.  Even Secrets of the Heart, which I could have skipped around on, I wrote in order.  I just feel like it flows better that way.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #486 on: August 08, 2012, 09:23:33 PM »

I always write stories in order, the exception to this is with collaborations . I'm sometimes able to skip ahead and write my part (00Carter) or chapter (Undead), because usually things are split up by character so it's easier to do.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #487 on: August 08, 2012, 10:09:44 PM »

Man I wish I could write in order! The only one I've been writing in order is Running Up That Hill. Everything else I skip around on. It's why I have so many random chapters sitting in my fan fic folder. Even stories of mine that are done and complete weren't written in order. I just jump around and write the scenes I'm inspired to write and sometimes I don't even end up using them because the story changes as I go. But sometimes those ones I first jotted down and re-work ten times over end up turning out really well. So I guess it's a trade off. It forces me to look over them again and again, at least.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]