Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: FS for August: Fight Me by kevmylove  (Read 8748 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
FS for August: Fight Me by kevmylove
« on: August 01, 2012, 06:59:00 AM »

Hello everyone!

This month's featured author is Erika and she has chosen her story Fight Me to be featured. We are going to start doing things a little differently from now on. Since it really seems like no one actually reads along, instead of assigning chapters i'm just going to say if you haven't read it, read along this month!

Once a week i'll drop in and ask some questions maybe start a discussion going but don't wait for me. If you have any comments or questions for Erika about this or any of her other stories, feel free to come in and ask her!

Here is the link to the story:

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10790

Enjoy and Happy Reading! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: FS for August: Fight Me by kevmylove
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 07:00:11 AM »

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) What made you come up with the concept of this one? 

5) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

6) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

7) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 10:04:28 AM »

I loved this story and I'm so glad to see it featured. 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 12:20:11 PM »

I loved this story, happy to see it featured.  I really loved hot fighter Nick :)

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 03:23:57 PM »

Oh wow I can't believe it's August already! *squee* I'll come back to answer those questions Mare!

Woohoo! thank you Lore and Steph! I'm so glad you guys enjoyed reading about fighter Nick! ;)

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 04:23:42 PM »

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

Some of the things I wrote did happen to a friend of mine!

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

It took me about four months to finish. I think it's because I was really inspired. 

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

After being UfC's champion for two years, Nick's passion for fighting has faded and even his friends have given up on him. It's not till Howie finds out he has a daughter and has her stay with Nick, that she gets him up and running with her positivity. But the twosome run into a bookie who is bad news and is after Nick... (I really suck at summaries)

4) What made you come up with the concept of this one?  

I have a MMA fighter friend and one day he was telling me about how hard it is to stay fit and out of trouble in that sport. Then he told me about a run in he had with a bookie and how he almost lost his life for not giving into what the bookie wanted.

5) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

It would have to be Max. She goes through so much, but still keeps going and gets Nick back on his feet in the process. She also sees him differently than everyone else. 

6) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

I'm gonna say Howie for being a coward and not really facing his responsibiliti es and giving it to Nick.

7) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

Yes they are. Well Brian and Kevin are in the shadows...but there. 

Thank you for the questions!

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 04:37:40 PM »

I agree that Howie was a coward.  What made you decide to use Howie as the father? 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

summer03

• Captain of Commotion
  • hmmm....
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 08:29:50 AM »

Better late than never! Wohoo live Fight Me! I will be back with a vety smart question....
"I dream my painting, and then I paint my dream." Vincent Van Gogh

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 08:38:56 AM »

Congrats on being featured Erika!

I haven't had a chance to check this one out yet, but it has been on my list. Nick as a UFC fighter is like... the hottest idea ever lol. What made you choose him for the role?
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 11:48:09 AM »

That's really interesting that it was kind of based on real events, sounds like a dangerous sport to get mixed up in (I don't even know what it is, only that it's fighting).

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 02:49:20 PM »

I agree that Howie was a coward.  What made you decide to use Howie as the father? 

It was a toss up between Kevin and Howie since they are the oldest. Then I remembered that I used Kevin as the father in SD. So I went with Howie. He just wasn't supposed to turn out to be such a coward, but it worked for the story. lol. Thank you Lore for the question  ;)

Better late than never! Wohoo live Fight Me! I will be back with a vety smart question....

Thank you love! You better be back...lol. J/K

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 03:00:06 PM »

Congrats on being featured Erika!

I haven't had a chance to check this one out yet, but it has been on my list. Nick as a UFC fighter is like... the hottest idea ever lol. What made you choose him for the role?
Thank you Steph!

hehe...yes Nick fighter is definitely hot! I dunno after my friend told me his story I had the idea brewing in my head and I kept imaging each of the BSB as a fighter...then I saw that picture where Nick's brushing his teeth shirtless and I was like. OH YEAH we got a winner. lol.

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 03:08:13 PM »

That's really interesting that it was kind of based on real events, sounds like a dangerous sport to get mixed up in (I don't even know what it is, only that it's fighting).

Yes. It is pretty crazy. Although I think all sports have those bookies that try and get athletes to throw their games. My friend has a scar from one end of his head to the other where they bashed his head in for not going along.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 03:10:37 PM »

OMG that is so scary!!

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 12:39:44 PM »

Hey you guys. I have a question for you.

When I wrote this story I told myself that I was going to focus more on Nick than Max. So for those that read this story do you think I did that?
Pages: [1] 2 3