Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: FS for August: Fight Me by kevmylove  (Read 8749 times)

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
Re: FS for August: Fight Me by kevmylove
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2012, 12:56:19 PM »

I actually thought it was pretty even.  You had a good chunk with Max but you also had a fair amount with Nick too.  I loved the way it was broken down between the characters. :)
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2012, 03:59:43 PM »

I think it was a good mixture of both characters.

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2012, 06:35:55 PM »

PHEW! I was hoping you guys would say that. It's kinda hard for me to just base everything on Nick. lol. Thanks Steph and Lore for answering my question.  ;D

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2012, 06:45:02 AM »

Just poking my head in the say hello and it's check in day!

I'm glad to see a convo going on in here! :)

Erika, this is a general question about your writing. I know you do mostly AU's what is it about that genre that you feel most comfortable writing?

Have you ever written one of the boys completely out of character?

Since we know Kevin is your favorite, what made you choose Nick for Fight Me?

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2012, 03:06:02 PM »

Thanks Mare for the questions. I'll be back in a bit to answer them. Kids are going  :crazy:

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2012, 03:08:04 PM »

lol okie dokie!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2012, 04:03:21 PM »

Oh my Kevin as a UFC fighter.... okay I'm picturing him all sweaty and hot like he just fought.  mmmmm  now my thoughts are on Hugh Jackman as Wolverine in the first movie.  Okay I am WAAAAAY off topic here.  sorry. lol

did you always know you were going to kill the poor little doggie???

Are you ever influenced by random comments made by the readers in their reviews.  Like for instance if someone mentioned that it would seem natural for the bad guys to want to kill the dog and you hadn't thought of that would you then use it? 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 11:26:05 AM »

Mmm now I'm picturing Wolverine...th anks Lore!

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2012, 07:12:39 AM »

Hahaha you two are funny!! Yes...Kevin all sweaty is hot! I also love Wolverine...hi s pants are a little too tight, but I can overlook that! lol

Ok to answer Mare's questions...

Just poking my head in the say hello and it's check in day!

I'm glad to see a convo going on in here! :)

Erika, this is a general question about your writing. I know you do mostly AU's what is it about that genre that you feel most comfortable writing?

Have you ever written one of the boys completely out of character?

Since we know Kevin is your favorite, what made you choose Nick for Fight Me?

I write mostly AU's because I find it so much easier for me and fun to make the guys something other than a BSB. I've only written about two stories with the whole tour timeline and it was exhausting because I'm not really into them as much as I was back in the day so having to keep up with tour dates, albums and whatever happens on tour is too much work for me. Although I do use whatever might be happening in their lives at the time...when I read about it or see it on twitter. In other words I'm too lazy and I just can't go through the
whole researching. God I sound like an awful fan.

Hmmm I'm thinking AJ as jack in Sinister Devotion was a bit out of character, just because in my eyes AJ is a real love bug and he would never kill anyone. Of course he was still a softie in the end. But to take any of the guys completley out of character I don't think I've done that.

Oh lord Mare! Put me on the spot lol. I dunno...althou gh I love Kevin and he is my favorite, ever since he left us I was not inspired to write about him unless he was in the background. He's always in my stories... I just can't seem to write anything with him as the main character. I go through favorite BSB phases too! Plus the shirtless Nick pic did it for me lol.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 07:15:25 AM by kevmylove »

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2012, 07:31:07 AM »

Oh my Kevin as a UFC fighter.... okay I'm picturing him all sweaty and hot like he just fought.  mmmmm  now my thoughts are on Hugh Jackman as Wolverine in the first movie.  Okay I am WAAAAAY off topic here.  sorry. lol

did you always know you were going to kill the poor little doggie???

Are you ever influenced by random comments made by the readers in their reviews.  Like for instance if someone mentioned that it would seem natural for the bad guys to want to kill the dog and you hadn't thought of that would you then use it?

No I didn't. The idea didnt come to me till Max left and had to leave Turbo behind with Nick. I thought Nick was so in love with her that Turbo was really important and if the bad guys really wanted to get to Nick, killing Turbo would really scare Nick and send him the message that Max was next. It was very sad to kill off Turbo!

Sometimes I can definitely be influenced by a review, unless I already have everything planned out in my head.  I even asked for suggestions in older stories before.

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2012, 03:11:41 AM »

I'm not sure if me asking questions is wrong. I just want to know what the readers think.

Is there something you would have changed about this story? (Besides Turbo being drowned!)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2012, 06:10:49 AM »

There's nothing wrong with it. It's your thread you can do what you want lol

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2012, 02:45:43 PM »

I'm not sure if me asking questions is wrong. I just want to know what the readers think.

Is there something you would have changed about this story? (Besides Turbo being drowned!)

I might have killed Nick.  How heartwrenching that would be that he'd finally turned himself around, stood up to the bad guys, found love and then died to protect that love.  I would have hated if you'd done it but I think killing him off would have made it that much better.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2012, 01:49:45 AM »

I might have killed Nick.  How heartwrenching that would be that he'd finally turned himself around, stood up to the bad guys, found love and then died to protect that love.  I would have hated if you'd done it but I think killing him off would have made it that much better.

I did have that in mind at first, but as the story progressed I just couldn't bring myself to kill him. When he gets shot towards the end...I waited a bit because I still thought about it. lol. Seems to be I can only kill off Kevin in my stories...lol. That's how much I love him.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2012, 08:39:04 AM »

Me again lol

I love that you are asking questions, Erika! I think it's a great idea and helps get a discussion going.

What inspires you to write?

Pages: 1 [2] 3