Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35

Author Topic: Question of the day part 6  (Read 77928 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Question of the day part 6
« Reply #495 on: September 05, 2012, 08:23:16 PM »

I'll post one if I can think of one.  I've got nothing right now!  I'm kind of checked out of fanfic at the moment, but I do miss chatting on here!  It makes me feel like a writer without requiring me to actually write or even think too hard about writing LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #496 on: September 05, 2012, 08:26:29 PM »

AC has been dead in general, I noticed my readers haven't been around much either!

What is the craziest idea you've had for a fanfic? Did you write it or have you saved it for a rainy day because it was so different?

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #497 on: September 05, 2012, 08:26:49 PM »

Okay, got something!  These may be repeats; I can't even remember anymore!

1. What has been your favorite story to write and why?

2. How about your least favorite to write?

3. Do your feelings about your own stories tend to match up to your readers' feelings (that is, the stories you're really into writing are the same ones your readers are really into reading and vice versa)?
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #498 on: September 05, 2012, 08:34:00 PM »

LOL Yay, lots of questions now!

Craziest idea...  I think the craziest one I've posted that isn't a challenge or a spoof is my Harry Potter crossover.  It's doesn't seem too crazy yet because I've only posted three chapters, but the outline/idea file I have for it is pretty crazy.

It's a toss-up for the craziest idea I've come up with that I have written down somewhere but have never actually written.  The sequel idea I had for BMS was crazy ridiculous, and I'm glad I didn't try to write it because it would have been epically bad.  I have a fantasy idea saved that will probably never amount to anything, but it's pretty trippy.  And I've had a suspense idea for like 7+ years that is fairly crazy, but that one I would consider writing if I could find a way to make it believable.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #499 on: September 05, 2012, 08:55:21 PM »

Craziest idea?

Um... maybe 00Carter? LOL. I mean technically it's a bit of a spoof but I feel like when I created that all based off a hot coco bit, it was one of my nuttier ideas. There's another idea I have that may be a little out there, but it's not posted yet so yeah LOL.

Favorite Story - Probably a tie between Undead and Remember Me This Way. I love writing both those stories but for entirely different reasons. Undead is my favorite thing to write, action, drama, and lots and lots of gore. It's just this epic story I at first wasn't sure I could do, because I don't try to do epics lol. I just read them. RMTW I loved because of all the emotions tied into it. Some from my life, some from my imagination, and all the loves of psychology I have.

Least Fave - Probably a tie between Rehab and Glitz and Glamour. One was a sequel to my one and only finished romance, Just Another Day. The other was just a random thought. Both were horrible ideas and I lost interest quick in them. I just...big big mistakes. I leave them up cause I don't delete stories but man I'm embarrassed by them lol.

Feelings - Not always. I'm really into writing 00Carter but readers? Not so much, generally speaking. Sometimes they do. Like with RMTW people were as into it as I was. People were really into Just Another Day, and I wasn't towards the end. I wasn't that into Rehab but my readers were. So it's a toss up. Guess it depends if I'm writing one of the more popular type ideas or not. (Sci-Fi versus Nick Angst for example LOL.)
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #500 on: September 05, 2012, 09:20:14 PM »

My favorite stories to write have been the Nick cancer stories and my collabs, especially Undead and 00Carter.  I was really emotionally attached to Broken and BMS.  I wasn't as attached to Curtain Call, but I still loved writing it, loved the reaction it got, and love the way it turned out.  Almost all of my collabs have been fun to write, even the ones that eventually fizzed out - I love the interaction with my co-writers, the fun we have just throwing ideas around and planning the stories, and the crazy stuff we come up with that I never would have been able to think of on my own, let alone bring to life.

My least favorites are mostly older stories that aren't on AC:  Silent Desperation, The Other Child, and One Night are the first three that came to mind.  Secrets of the Heart wasn't a picnic to write; I loved the idea of it, but never really loved writing it... I'm glad I finished it though.

As far as readers' feelings, it varies.  The Nick cancer stories were all amazingly popular, for reasons I'll never totally understand.  Undead has done well.  00Carter not so much.  And sometimes stories that I'm not as into writing, like Guilty Roads, are the ones that people beg for updates on.  (I still like GR, don't worry.)  You just never know!
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #501 on: September 05, 2012, 09:41:02 PM »

Right now my favorite story is Finding Carter. Some were really into it in the beginning but it doesn't seem so at times now. I am really having fun with it though.

Favorite story I've written: has to be Figured You Out. It was a very different thing for me, the whole suspense and adventure type but I liked writing it a lot. It's something I could see myself reading as well.

Least favorite? It was my first story and had some fun one liners but Incomplete. I lost interest in it when I was winding down and wasn't into the idea which is why I struggled so much to finish it.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #502 on: September 05, 2012, 09:42:44 PM »

I'm still amazed people got into Undead LOL. I totally expected that to go ignored since it's not the typical for the more popular stories. I agree about collabs, even the ones that died out were fun while they lasted.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #503 on: September 05, 2012, 09:44:19 PM »

As for feelings....mo st of the time no lol depends on the story I'm writing.

Craziest idea is probably Figured You out. I never thought I could write something like that. It's my baby lol

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #504 on: September 05, 2012, 09:55:27 PM »

Don't get me wrong I am getting steady feedback for FC, just some seemed turned off by the story in the beginning. I'm not that bothered by it because I can understand why they stopped reading.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #505 on: September 06, 2012, 08:59:51 AM »

If you could have dinner with any five characters from anyone's stories. Who would you pick and why?

Nick from Fight Me, because even though he can be a jerk, he's a good guy deep down.  Plus he's hot in that story and is permanently undressed ;)

AJ from Song For The Undead, because I'd love to know what goes on in that head of his.

Kevin from A Million Little Things, just because I loved him.

Howie from Chronos Project because his character was interesting and I'd like to chat about time travel.

Brian from If We Were A Movie because he was really sweet and we could talk about movies.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #506 on: September 06, 2012, 09:47:20 AM »

Thanks for the Howie mention Steph! LOL
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #507 on: September 06, 2012, 01:28:26 PM »

Thanks Steph! Yeah...Undead AJ has a complicated mind lol

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #508 on: September 06, 2012, 03:52:51 PM »

Thank you Steph for mentioning Nick. Maybe he'd show you some fighting techniques after dinner.  :D

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #509 on: September 06, 2012, 04:09:01 PM »

What is the craziest idea you've had for a fanfic? Did you write it or have you saved it for a rainy day because it was so different?

Craziest idea so far has been my BSB/Supernatural crossover where Xbox gamers died the same way they did in the game.  I liked that one!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35