Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]

Author Topic: Question of the day part 6  (Read 77304 times)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: Question of the day part 6
« Reply #510 on: September 06, 2012, 04:13:00 PM »

Okay, got something!  These may be repeats; I can't even remember anymore!

1. What has been your favorite story to write and why?

2. How about your least favorite to write?

3. Do your feelings about your own stories tend to match up to your readers' feelings (that is, the stories you're really into writing are the same ones your readers are really into reading and vice versa)?

My favourite story to write was Save A Prayer because I loved the action, gore and adventure.  It just seemed so easy to write.

Least favourite is Forces of Nature because it's just crap!  I'm sure at the time I wrote it I probably thought it was alright, but looking back I don't know what I was thinking.

I think the ones I'm really into writing seem to be liked by readers :)

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #511 on: September 06, 2012, 06:54:05 PM »

Okay, got something!  These may be repeats; I can't even remember anymore!

3. Do your feelings about your own stories tend to match up to your readers' feelings (that is, the stories you're really into writing are the same ones your readers are really into reading and vice versa)?

My favorite- It's a toss up between Sinister Devotion and Fight Me. They were story ideas way out of my romance element. Plus I had fun making sweet AJ an assassin and Nick a fighter.

My least favorite- Hmmm...I don't think I have a least favorite. I like all my stories, I mean the oldies are probably a bit dumb, but I still had fun writing them.

Feelings- Yes, usually. Sometimes I'm feeling like something isn't goin to be liked and I am surprised by the amount of feedback.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #512 on: September 08, 2012, 07:20:00 AM »

AC has been dead in general, I noticed my readers haven't been around much either!

What is the craziest idea you've had for a fanfic? Did you write it or have you saved it for a rainy day because it was so different?

Just catching up in the thread. Thanks for coming up with questions Tracy and Julie!

The craziest idea I have come up with for a fanfic was probably Whatever the Night May Bring. It was so far out of my comfort zone and knowing I was going to actually kill Nick it made it really crazy for me to write. lol I'm glad I went through with it though.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #513 on: September 08, 2012, 07:23:05 AM »

Also thanks Rose, Tracy, Julie and Steph for inviting my characters to your dinner lol

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #514 on: September 08, 2012, 07:31:35 AM »

Okay, got something!  These may be repeats; I can't even remember anymore!

For 1. That was hard for me but I think I narrowed it down to two of them. Why I'd Do It All Again and What Lurks Around the Corner. My memory tends to be a little hazy but I don't think I ever really got totally bored or humdrum while writing either of those stories. I loved getting into their heads for Why and Couldn't wait to see reader's reactions to the plot twists and turns in Lurks.

For 2. Novel wise, there are a few.

Lion's Den - because I had a hard time getting the plot to work for that one. It wasn't flowing the way I wanted it to.

Scars Run Deep - I LOVED Protect and Serve and it was one of those instances of OMG why am I writing a sequel to this . It was one of those circumstances where I let reader pressure get the best of me and then when I start something I refuse to quit so I literally forced myself to write the rest of it. It was like doing Trig homework half the time! I'm about to read it when i'm done with PS so we'll see if that translates into the final product.

Comedy of Errors - because it was a hot mess! LOL

Short story wise Baby I'm Amazed - worst story i've ever written, hands down!

For 3. I think so for the most part but I also tend to love stories that maybe weren't as popular like Protect and Serve which is fast turning into my favorite lol and Separate Ways. Long Road Home. But overall i'd say that, the ones my readers like I do too when I remember them lmao

« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 07:34:03 AM by mare »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]