Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: I wanna propose a "challenge"  (Read 2924 times)

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
I wanna propose a "challenge"
« on: August 08, 2012, 04:11:55 PM »

If you are like me you probably read the challenges over the past few months and thought "this would be fun" and thought you were going to write one but never did.

I want to challenge myself, and other authors, to pick a challenge from this past year that you HAVE NOT already submitted a response to and write a story for that challenge. 

The only rules are:
You must adhere to the rules set up for that challenge and I already mentioned this, but you can't have already submitted a response for that challenge already.

Make sense? 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: I wanna propose a "challenge"
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 04:18:27 PM »

This is a great idea :) Can I add one thing though?

Can you also include which challenge you are doing because remember when Felix rolls around we use those challenge stories in a poll to determine what gets nominated and I like to do it by challenge when that time comes and i'd hate to miss your story just because it was written as part of this challenge instead of when it was originally issued :)

So, when you post your link to the story in here, also mention that! Thanks guys! I hope some of you do this!

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 04:26:27 PM »

I will definitely have a go, I've missed the last couple of challenges, so will get my brain into gear and try and come up with something :)

carterkid

• Major Disruption
  • It's a backstreet world....we just live in it
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 06:50:24 PM »

I'm in! This sounds great.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 12:57:28 AM »

This is a cool idea. I have posted a challenge for almost every month though, except the April Fools and one other one. 

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 01:03:59 AM »

^ LOL I am the exact opposite; I think the only one I did was the April Fool's one.  I think I started a story for at least one other one (and by "started," I think I wrote like two sentences LOL), so maybe I could go try to finish that one.  If it was the beginning of summer, I probably would, but realistically, as soon as school starts, my fanfic productivity is going to cease.  It is a good idea though!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 01:06:05 AM »

Yeah June and July I was the only one who did one lol. I know a lot of us have been busy.