Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 6503 times)

Lindsee

• Fledgling
Introduction
« on: August 21, 2012, 03:49:30 PM »

I'm not good at introductions, but it must be done and here goes. My name is Lindsee, I'm 30, I hate my birthday it's a long story and have been a Backstreet Boys fan since September 15, 1996, I've been writing since I was 11 and have written fan fiction mostly since 1999 it helped me get through high school especially with how boring my Biology class was. It has even helped me get through some of the tough times in my life.

I've also written scripts, but I just have not had enough guts where I could submit it to a professional. I'm currently in  my third college working for a Master's degree for Counseling and Psychology. I mainly wanted this degree because I want to help others who are dealing or suffering with eating disorders since I had a 15-year battle with an eating disorder myself and a few years into recovery. I haven't really written much within the last few years, but I am ready to take a plunge back into the writing waters and no better way than get back into writing BSB fan fics. Might help me unwind in between studying for tests, finals, exams and writing papers. Hopefully help me reconnect with fellow BSB fans and makes some new writing friends. 

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 03:50:50 PM »

Hi, welcome to the forum! I'm Tracy :)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 04:09:37 PM »

Hi! That's awesome, I'm getting a degree in Psychology myself so I can work with foster children and kids in abusive homes.

On a lighter note...what kind of fanfics do you read/write?
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 04:45:27 PM »

Welcome to the forum, Lindsee :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Lindsee

• Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 06:02:26 PM »

I'm going to apologize if it's a bit of a lengthy answer because it's  the best way I can explain what fan fiction genres I've dabbled in over the years. I've mostly written Backstreet Boys related material during my teens and twenties, I briefly wrote a few Orlando Bloom ones I think I have "Anyone that you want to be" posted on the site somewhere. I saw the third Pirates of the Caribbean movie Orlando inspired me to knock out a script in a 6 week period fastest I've ever written. Maybe because I had him in mind for the male lead who knows?

Kind of played around in Twilight fan fic for a bit, I'll admit I didn't finish reading the last book cause by the time Bella was turned into a vampire I lost interest plus the book left me with so many unanswered questions, rushed plot or deadline. Still played around with a few "Twilight" actor fan fic stories, unfortunately never finished either.

I get ideas from all over the place rather its from watching some movie, a random article in Cosmopolitan or from a book plot. Even true crimes can spark a idea.  A while back I started writing this Nick story I never finished that I based off of Ted Bundy where he's interested in the female homicide detective because at the time I was a Criminal Justice major

I guess I like variety of plots, but I do enjoy writing a good one shot or visual, been a while since I've done that, because life got in the way from 2009-2011 where my mind wasn't on writing. I mostly was in the stages of recovering and going back into college. I guess it mainly depends on the mood I am at the moment  when I'm in that zone, or if I sometimes want to use my real life as part of the plot line.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 06:10:07 PM »

I've been writing since about 1999 as well. I'm 28. Where are you from?

Lindsee

• Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 06:30:27 PM »

I'm from Newark, Delaware the section of the state where the University of Delaware campus is located. That was the best way I thought I could describe where I live.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 06:34:39 PM »

Welcome! I'm Steph and I enjoy one shots too. Waaaay too much lol
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Lindsee

• Fledgling
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 06:49:29 PM »

LOL who doesn't enjoy a hot sex scene? Here's the scary part even though I can write a heck of a good sex scene I've never done it. I admit I'm 30, I still have my V-card, but I have a dirty mind. The body might be pure but my mind sure ain't. I think 4 or 5 of the movies I own have one of the top 10 hottest sex scenes in it. I admit I own a few racy movies, so it's like a extremely guilty, naughty pleasure.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 07:36:33 PM »

Haha I still have mine too. I'm from Jersey myself. So we are kind of neighbors lol

Lindsee

• Fledgling
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2012, 07:41:39 PM »

Yep pretty much I think from where I am I just cross over the Memorial bridge which is about 30 minute drive and I'm in Jersey. I can also enter into Maryland and Pennsylvania in about 5 minutes from where I am. Which part of New Jersey?

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2012, 07:56:03 PM »

I'm in Morris County, near the top of the state and about an hour from the city, it's quiet here. I don't believe I've been down your way before. So what music do you like besides BSB?

Lindsee

• Fledgling
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2012, 08:03:11 PM »

It usually depends on what mood I'm in I like a variety of stuff. I got some Usher, U2, Madonna, Britney Spears, Christina Augleria, Nickelback I have some Jay Z on my playlist which shocks the heck out of people since they don't see me as the type to listen to that type of music. I started listening to One Direction I'm still a teen at heart I guess because my teen years were stolen from me and its the only way to make up for it. Let's just say I think I have 100 musicians on my I pod so it'll take a while for me to list all of them.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2012, 08:05:19 PM »

I like one direction as well. I listen to everything under the sun, I have a really random taste when it comes to music. I'm a massive Weird Al fan, but I listen to a lot of other stuff. I like Eminem a lot as well.

Lindsee

• Fledgling
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2012, 08:09:35 PM »

A few of his songs are on my Eating disorder Recovery list actually, but I think the album their off of is called Recovery funny irony I guess.
Pages: [1] 2