Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: Would you consider this a form of plagerism  (Read 2186 times)

Lindsee

• Fledgling
Would you consider this a form of plagerism
« on: August 31, 2012, 06:26:59 AM »

This might sound a bit hazy I'll apologize I have been up all night and currently waiting for my morning class to start. I've had this thought on my mind for a while now since the topic of plagiarizer-ism is a major, but figured I'd ask everyone what they thought. Have you ever like written a story it's been online for a while and decide that you want to change a few characters and even though it's your work and you post it differently on another site with the changes is that still considered to be plagiarizeried work? 

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Would you consider this a form of plagerism
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 06:30:23 AM »

Are you talking about plagiarizing yourself?  Posting the story somewhere and then changing the characters and posting it somewhere else?  I don't consider that plagiarism at all.  It's your work; you can do what you want with it!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 06:43:41 AM »

Nope, not plagiarism if you are just copying yourself. However, don't be surprised if someone from one site accuses you of copying from the other especially if you use two different usernames. That's why when we think someone might be plagiarizing, we always notify both authors because sometimes it ends up being the same person just using two different names lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 10:38:14 AM »

No, I don't think that's plagiarism either.  I had a Take That one shot that I altered quite a lot to turn into a BSB story.  It was no longer posted anywhere as a Take That story, so I figured "why not?". 

Lindsee

• Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 12:52:23 PM »

Ok that's a bit of relief. I started working on a Kellan Lutz story and posting it on this other site but wanna change the characters. I just don't want to get in trouble or someone assumed that I was plagerising myself.